Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2015 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

What people don't realize about Juggernaut

• 85 results
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

The sheer fact is that Stan Lee created the Juggernaut for very specific reasons; he wanted a character that could not be defeated by force, he wanted a character that required teamwork and/or intelligence to defeat. But at the same time, heroes tend to hold back, so Stan Lee wanted to create someone that would allow a character to really let loose and show off how much power they really have without fear of killing him.

That is the heart and soul of the "Juggernaut" character, and people have to remember that each time they think about the Juggernaut. And honestly I typically dislike characters as powerful as Hulk, Superman, etc, and I used to dislike Juggernaut too... until I read what I just told you guys. It gave me an appreciation for the character and made me realize that he has to be that powerful, it was the sole reason why he was created.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Unbelonger

You talk like if a lot of people hated Juggernaut. He's actually kind of idolized around here.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

I don't mean to sound that way, but there are a handful of people that don't "get" Juggernaut. Indestructable Tanks' topic is actually what made me decide to make this topic.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By POHOCOM

You are correct. A lot of people dont realize who Juggernaut is. Unfortunately, some of those people are writers at Marvel. I hate when a writer allows Juggernaut to get hurt in ways that completely disregard Juggy's true powers. I consider those writers uncreative. You can have the Juggernaut get defeated without breaking the rules.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zee crusher

I agree deadpool these fanboys make no sense and don't even read the comics then say juggernaut is weak has juggernaut even lost to a human three times in a row with no powers?? no but wait hulk has. Superman last time i checked lost to two human one batman the second composite superman its just said they don't realize juggernaut doesn't really suck rhino sucks.

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Knowsbleed33

People don't realize that as long as Cain is protected by Cyttorak he can't be killed. It would have to be a being(s) that are more powerful than Cyttorak himself. I'm sick of the fan boys saying the Hulk can kill him or Superman can kill him. This is simply untrue.

Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Blackjuggy

Finally people are on my side wjen battles against the juggernaut come up

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Knowsbleed33 says:

"People don't realize that as long as Cain is protected by Cyttorak he can't be killed. It would have to be a being(s) that are more powerful than Cyttorak himself. I'm sick of the fan boys saying the Hulk can kill him or Superman can kill him. This is simply untrue. "

Superman can beat him.You don't have to kill him to beat him.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By speedlgt

I dont care about this character.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Korg

Yeah, over the years so many uber-powerful characters have come onto the scene that a lot of people (writers included, unfortunately) forget about the original unstoppable villain. Back in the day I always wished they would give him his own book, or at least make him a bigger threat so he could circulate through the Marvel U some more. After his joining the X-Men and then Excalibur though, those hopes were finally extinguished. Good to know others care about the character too....even if speedlgt doesn't give us his blessing...

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By speedlgt

sorry bro, too many other character that deserve attention

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iwan

speedlgt says:

"I dont care about this character."

Then why post here?

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vendel

Korg says:

"Yeah, over the years so many uber-powerful characters have come onto the scene that a lot of people (writers included, unfortunately) forget about the original unstoppable villain. Back in the day I always wished they would give him his own book, or at least make him a bigger threat so he could circulate through the Marvel U some more. After his joining the X-Men and then Excalibur though, those hopes were finally extinguished. Good to know others care about the character too....even if speedlgt doesn't give us his blessing..."

Well the Imposternaut is dead. The Juggernaut is back. So hopefully in '08 people get another little reminder of just what it means to be The Unstoppable engine of destruction.

Although I must disagree with you on his threat level. While not a worldwide threat in a "I wanna destroy it or take it over" kind of way. In a "last person your resident hero would ever want to see" kind of way, he is right at, if not the top villain on earth.
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 05:22:52

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius

I always like Juggernaut because he was a character the heavy hitters like Thor and the Hulk couldn't just over-power. Something I didn't like about certain characters was that they were practically unbeatable. I'm one of the biggest fan of both the Hulk and Superman but I know that they can't beat everyone. My problem with most fans of Juggernaut around here is that they feel that way about him. My biggest issue has always been that fans of Juggernaut feel he's stronger than the Hulk. Even if what you said about Stan Lee is true, the Juggernaut suppose to be unstoppable and the fact that the Hulk has stopped him should attest to he's power.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vendel

Alpha says:

"I always like Juggernaut because he was a character the heavy hitters like Thor and the Hulk couldn't just over-power.

Well every good hero needs a reminder now and then that they are not the biggest boys on the block,

Something I didn't like about certain characters was that they were practically unbeatable. I'm one of the biggest fan of both the Hulk and Superman but I know that they can't beat everyone. My problem with most fans of Juggernaut around here is that they feel that way about him.

Well I'm not sure who you are talking about. But I have never stated that The Juggernaut can't be beaten. But he has very specific weaknesses. Which are not easily exploited.

Of course you could say the Juggernaut haters think anyone can beat him just by punching him real hard.

My biggest issue has always been that fans of Juggernaut feel he's stronger than the Hulk. Even if what you said about Stan Lee is true, the Juggernaut suppose to be unstoppable and the fact that the Hulk has stopped him should attest to he's power. "

Well Hulk stopped him once, With Celestial technology of unknown power (enough to blow up Absorbing Man) and pulling power from a pocket universe.

So no. The Hulk did not stop him. This creature known as War for a single Issue did.

As for Juggs strength. Even Hulk fanatics agree that he has to become real angry to even get close to Juggs. Besides the fact that The Juggernauts strength has been described as "unlimited" and "beyond comprehension" and "defies mere description"

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hadrelius

Vendel says:

"Alpha says:
    "I always like Juggernaut because he was a character the heavy hitters like Thor and the Hulk couldn't just over-power.
    Well every good hero needs a reminder now and then that they are not the biggest boys on the block,
    Something I didn't like about certain characters was that they were practically unbeatable. I'm one of the biggest fan of both the Hulk and Superman but I know that they can't beat everyone. My problem with most fans of Juggernaut around here is that they feel that way about him.
    Well I'm not sure who you are talking about. But I have never stated that The Juggernaut can't be beaten. But he has very specific weaknesses. Which are not easily exploited. Of course you could say the Juggernaut haters think anyone can beat him just by punching him real hard.
    My biggest issue has always been that fans of Juggernaut feel he's stronger than the Hulk. Even if what you said about Stan Lee is true, the Juggernaut suppose to be unstoppable and the fact that the Hulk has stopped him should attest to he's power. "
    Well Hulk stopped him once, With Celestial technology of unknown power (enough to blow up Absorbing Man) and pulling power from a pocket universe. So no. The Hulk did not stop him. This creature known as War for a single Issue did. As for Juggs strength. Even Hulk fanatics agree that he has to become real angry to even get close to Juggs. Besides the fact that The Juggernauts strength has been described as "unlimited" and "beyond comprehension" and "defies mere description""

The Hulk stopped him in their first meeting. Spun him around and threw him (Hulk #172). He stopped him with a punch to the gut (Hulk #404) You might say he stopped him during WWH when they were in a arm lock. The thing is, based on his power, anyone that can halt his approach would have to have some serious power. Did Hulk ever beat him? I say no, I would also say neither has truly had a win over the other.

And to see others who feel he's unbeatable, just look back at forums that he's in.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vendel

Alpha says:

The Hulk stopped him in their first meeting. Spun him around and threw him (Hulk #172). He stopped him with a punch to the gut (Hulk #404) You might say he stopped him during WWH when they were in a arm lock. The thing is, based on his power, anyone that can halt his approach would have to have some serious power. Did Hulk ever beat him? I say no, I would also say neither has truly had a win over the other."

Uh...there is a big difference between knocking him down or throwing him vs "stopping" him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Static Shock

iwan says:

"speedlgt says:
    "I dont care about this character."

Then why post here?"

Don't worry about him. He does things that no one understands...

Alpha says:

The Hulk stopped him in their first meeting. Spun him around and threw him (Hulk #172). He stopped him with a punch to the gut (Hulk #404) You might say he stopped him during WWH when they were in a arm lock. The thing is, based on his power, anyone that can halt his approach would have to have some serious power. Did Hulk ever beat him? I say no, I would also say neither has truly had a win over the other.And to see others who feel he's unbeatable, just look back at forums that he's in.

Got one question. In the examples that you gave of Hulk 'stopping' Juggernaut, was Juggernaut in the process of gaining momentum (in motion)? Because if so, the Hulk shouldn't have been able to stop him. Writers, pimptight™...
    Post Edited:2008-03-19 07:04:16

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hadrelius

Vendel says:

"Alpha says:
    The Hulk stopped him in their first meeting. Spun him around and threw him (Hulk #172). He stopped him with a punch to the gut (Hulk #404) You might say he stopped him during WWH when they were in a arm lock. The thing is, based on his power, anyone that can halt his approach would have to have some serious power. Did Hulk ever beat him? I say no, I would also say neither has truly had a win over the other. "
    Uh...there is a big difference between knocking him down or throwing him vs "stopping" him. "

I agree, but either way would technically be stopping his progress.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Alpha says:

"I agree, but either way would technically be stopping his progress. "

Not if Juggernaut's in motion.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius

Post Deleted.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hadrelius

I realise this is becoming a Hulk vs Juggernaut forum with us, so I will stop it here an state that the Juggernaut is a great character who can't be beaten by the Hulk using strength alone. My only issue is those who feel that the Juggernaut is stronger. Based on strength alone, the Hulk is stronger, even though that doesn't mean he can beat him.

BlackPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlackPool

Vance Astro says:

"Knowsbleed33 says:
    "People don't realize that as long as Cain is protected by Cyttorak he can't be killed. It would have to be a being(s) that are more powerful than Cyttorak himself. I'm sick of the fan boys saying the Hulk can kill him or Superman can kill him. This is simply untrue. "
    Superman can beat him.You don't have to kill him to beat him."

Actually, with Juggernaut, you either have to kill him (which is nearly impossible) or hurl him into space to claim that you've "beaten him".

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Resonate

POHOCOM says:

" A lot of people dont realize who Juggernaut is. "

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

BlackPool says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    Actually, with Juggernaut, you either have to kill him (which is nearly impossible) or hurl him into space to claim that you've "beaten him". "

BlackPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackPool

I believe Juggernaut prevails.

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Knowsbleed33

Vance Astro says:

"Knowsbleed33 says:

Only through BFR can Supes beat Juggernaut. Other than that he doesn't have the tools.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Post Deleted.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Knowsbleed33 says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    Only through BFR can Supes beat Juggernaut. Other than that he doesn't have the tools. "

No.

BlackPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BlackPool

That's a great losing reply.

Very direct.

Lord Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lord Doom

BlackPool says:

"That's a great losing reply. Very direct."

Yea because simply saying the word no is wrong...when not being asked a yes or no question... douche bag

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Knowsbleed33

Vance Astro says:

"Knowsbleed33 says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    Only through BFR can Supes beat Juggernaut. Other than that he doesn't have the tools. "
    No."

How else?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Knowsbleed33 says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    No."

How else?

"

Nobody f#ckin cares anymore...stop bringing up this old ass thread to ride Juggernaut.Nobody Cares.If you had asked me 3 days ago when I posted then I would have answered.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vendel

Vance Astro says:

"Knowsbleed33 says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Knowsbleed33 says:
    No."

How else?

"

Nobody f#ckin cares anymore...stop bringing up this old ass thread to ride Juggernaut.Nobody Cares.If you had asked me 3 days ago when I posted then I would have answered."

Typical Vance response.

Post Edited:2008-04-11 06:02:52

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By !Drake!

I dont think niether Hulk or Jugs could beat each other they will always stand toe to toe. Here are non cosmic who can take out jugs Superman or Cable at full power

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hadrelius

!Drake! says:

"I dont think niether Hulk or Jugs could beat each other they will always stand toe to toe. Here are non cosmic who can take out jugs Superman or Cable at full power "

I don't know about the Superman or Cable idea, but I do agree that the Hulk and Juggernaut can't win against each other. Even though the Hulk would become stronger, I don' think he could become strong enough that he coud prevail over the enchantment that's over the Juggernaut. And the Hulk's strength and healing would become so great that the Juggernaut's blows wouldn't matter.

meta knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By meta knight

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Satyrquaze

DEADPOOL says:

"... But at the same time, heroes tend to hold back, so Stan Lee wanted to create someone that would allow a character to really let loose and show off how much power they really have without fear of killing him."

So, Stan Lee wanted a BIG character that heroes look good showing off what they can do against him?

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xeron

Juggy hasn't been unstoppable for 2 decades, the end

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xeron says:

"Juggy hasn't been unstoppable for 2 decades, the end"

?????????????????

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha says:

"!Drake! says:
    "I dont think niether Hulk or Jugs could beat each other they will always stand toe to toe. Here are non cosmic who can take out jugs Superman or Cable at full power "

I don't know about the Superman or Cable idea, but I do agree that the Hulk and Juggernaut can't win against each other. Even though the Hulk would become stronger, I don' think he could become strong enough that he coud prevail over the enchantment that's over the Juggernaut. And the Hulk's strength and healing would become so great that the Juggernaut's blows wouldn't matter. "

no, the hulk would eventually get tired and stop. Juggernaut has infinite stamina and would just keep going as if he just started.

sheild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sheild

theyve said the same for the hulks strength to ....

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hadrelius

the human Juggernaut says:

"Alpha says:
    "!Drake! says:
    I don't know about the Superman or Cable idea, but I do agree that the Hulk and Juggernaut can't win against each other. Even though the Hulk would become stronger, I don' think he could become strong enough that he coud prevail over the enchantment that's over the Juggernaut. And the Hulk's strength and healing would become so great that the Juggernaut's blows wouldn't matter. "
    no, the hulk would eventually get tired and stop. Juggernaut has infinite stamina and would just keep going as if he just started."

Thats not true. Hulk has potential unlimited strength (based on his rage). He heals almost instant. How would he get tired? That could only happen if he ran out of energy, like he did with the Sentry. And Juggernaut doesn't have the power to make the Hulk drain his fighting him.

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha says:

"the human Juggernaut says:
    "Alpha says:
    "!Drake! says:
    no, the hulk would eventually get tired and stop. Juggernaut has infinite stamina and would just keep going as if he just started."

Thats not true. Hulk has potential unlimited strength (based on his rage). He heals almost instant. How would he get tired? That could only happen if he ran out of energy, like he did with the Sentry. And Juggernaut doesn't have the power to make the Hulk drain his fighting him. "

and once again alpha, you are pwned by marvel.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ego

DEADPOOL says:

"The sheer fact is that Stan Lee created the Juggernaut for very specific reasons; he wanted a character that could not be defeated by force, he wanted a character that required teamwork and/or intelligence to defeat. But at the same time, heroes tend to hold back, so Stan Lee wanted to create someone that would allow a character to really let loose and show off how much power they really have without fear of killing him.That is the heart and soul of the "Juggernaut" character, and people have to remember that each time they think about the Juggernaut. And honestly I typically dislike characters as powerful as Hulk, Superman, etc, and I used to dislike Juggernaut too... until I read what I just told you guys. It gave me an appreciation for the character and made me realize that he has to be that powerful, it was the sole reason why he was created."

This is quite true... Stan Lee created Juggernaut to be unstoppable and unkillable due to that very sole purpose. Juggernaut is basically the punching bag of all the marvel universe, and can take a beat down from anything any where. well except against Onslaught.

Hulk, Gladiator, or even Superman cannot kill Juggernaut... They can only beat him by tossing him to another country or some other place far away.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vendel

Ego says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "The sheer fact is that Stan Lee created the Juggernaut for very specific reasons; he wanted a character that could not be defeated by force, he wanted a character that required teamwork and/or intelligence to defeat. But at the same time, heroes tend to hold back, so Stan Lee wanted to create someone that would allow a character to really let loose and show off how much power they really have without fear of killing him.That is the heart and soul of the "Juggernaut" character, and people have to remember that each time they think about the Juggernaut. And honestly I typically dislike characters as powerful as Hulk, Superman, etc, and I used to dislike Juggernaut too... until I read what I just told you guys. It gave me an appreciation for the character and made me realize that he has to be that powerful, it was the sole reason why he was created."

This is quite true... Stan Lee created Juggernaut to be unstoppable and unkillable due to that very sole purpose. Juggernaut is basically the punching bag of all the marvel universe, and can take a beat down from anything any where. well except against Onslaught.

Hulk, Gladiator, or even Superman cannot kill Juggernaut... They can only beat him by tossing him to another country or some other place far away.

"

Onslaught? The most that can be said for Onslaught is that he got into his mind. Honestly it's the only logical conclusion.

TOMBSTONE999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TOMBSTONE999

In 403 Juggy without his armor beat hulk down. Why do people choose to forget that?

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOMBSTONE999 says:

"In 403 Juggy without his armor beat hulk down. Why do people choose to forget that?"

because hulk fanboys are mostly idiots.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By HellionVulcan
    Knowsbleed33 said:
    "

People don't realize that as long as Cain is protected by Cyttorak he can't be killed. It would have to be a being(s) that are more powerful than Cyttorak himself. I'm sick of the fan boys saying the Hulk can kill him or Superman can kill him. This is simply untrue.

"
    I agree & well said Cain Marko is one of my favorites because he takes on every one & doesn't break a sweat as Thor knows when ever they fight he has to BFR(Battle field removal) Cain to do anything .. .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.