Awesome Toy Picks: Juggernaut and the Justice League

• 68 results
Posted by G-Man (31838 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we stroll down the toy aisle to see what cool action figures are on sale. This week's top pick is massive. It's the Marvel Select release of the Juggernaut.

The Marvel Select figures tend to pay close attention to detail. Juggernaut is no exception. Standing at 9" tall and weighing just about 3 lbs, this figure will tower over the others in your collection. With a price tag of just under $20, you'll want to grab this figure while you still can at the retail price. I got mine through EntertainmentEarth.com but they appear to be temporarily out of stock. Amazon appears to still have it. Happy hunting.

What about articulation? I counted fourteen points. The packaging shows there's a variant without the helmet but he definitely looks cooler with it on. There's no accessories because he's the Juggernaut. He doesn't need any. He does come with a little cardboard backdrop (really little, see one of the pics below) and it has an image on both sides.

== TEASER ==

Check out these other images of Juggernaut in action. Note: the items in his destruction are not included.

Juggernaut isn't just about destruction. Even he can stop once in a while to smell the flowers.

Now it's time to look at some figures from yester-year. These are still available through online sites (even Amazon) and ebay. In 1996, Kenner released a few lines of...Total Justice.

The line was actually called Batman: Total Justice since Batman figures were hot in the 90s. Many DC heroes and villains were include, most with (kind of lame) accessories but the wide variety gave us some figures we hadn't seen before.

You can see they're pretty...muscular. Some have slightly awkward poses. These are more of the display type with little...playability. Check out these other pics to get an idea of how cool they were. I mean, check out Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan (as PARALLAX) and even Connor Hawke and Huntress. Sadly, Batman and Superman were a little weak.

"I'm totally gonna steal your ring!"
Super-mullet included!
"Look Ma, no cavities!"
"Check out my calves!"
"I run so fast I've even developed a massive upper body."
"Tell me I'm in 'The New 52' or I'm gonna shoot that kid over there."
"Sorry Connor but you can buy my book on October 5!"
Staff
#1 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I have that Aquaman figure!!!!!

#2 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

i have a kid flash and Superboy like those. I bought them when it was damn near impossible to find toys for them.

#3 Posted by HellionVulcan (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought a Juggernaut action figure the other dau but this one looks much better ,so i'll have to get it as well as huge Juggernaut fan .

#4 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Aquaman and Huntress. The rest look weird.
#5 Posted by kamionero (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the Aquaman (chewed his foot off... no joke) and the green lantern, and also the Darkseid! The clear gear that came w GL was amazing, and Aquaman I think came w like this cool techno-fish fin looking armor

#6 Edited by TDK_1997 (14660 posts) - - Show Bio

The Juggernaut one is really cool

#7 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Only the Juggernaut and Superman figures were cool.

#8 Posted by lior949 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

lol jugernaut seems so funny

#9 Posted by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

The Total Justice figures were some of my favorite as a kid. The musculature on them is pretty grotesque, and most of them have a real "Bitter Beer Face" when it comes to their expressions, but the removable armor sets were all pretty cool and complimented their power sets in some pretty interesting ways (Kyle Rayner had a shoulder-mounted lantern so he could have as much power at all times, and Superman had weird solar panel-looking things next to his face that absorbed Kryptonite so he could use it offensively as a laser). Sure, it was goofy and doesn't really make sense, but when you're a kid, that's some of the coolest stuff out there.

Plus, as you can tell, the line had a really great selection of characters. They had most of the "Big Seven" Morrison JLA (Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter apparently didn't appear until Kenner made a JLA line that consisted mostly of existing figures that were retooled into variants and different characters), but also some characters that rarely ever get figures, like Connor Hawke, Huntress, Parallax and Black Lightning (all of whom were part of the third wave that was released at the end of the line's lifespan and was thus pretty difficult to find). And the first villain they released was Darkseid. Seriously, starting the show with a show-stopper on that one.

I still have my old Total Justice figures from back in the day; I had Batman, Robin, Superman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Hawkman. They were all really awesome figures. I really wanted that Parallax figure, even though I had no idea who Parallax was at the time. I mean, seriously, look how awesome that cape is!

#10 Posted by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

That Huntress has a lot of sass!

#11 Posted by hammers_of_justice (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Total Justice, the comic was not half bad also.

#12 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

i still remember the second most awesome juggernaut was the one which came with the crystal gem of cyttorak torch. it rocked.

#13 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

jesus christ I wonder how many squats and lunges I will have to do in real life to get quads like those toys. 

#14 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are some really awkward poses for the JLA haha but it's still cool. Batman's cape looks weird tho, and Hal Jordan Parallax's cape is way too long

#15 Posted by BatUniverse (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff!

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

This Marvel Select Juggernaut figure looks great.

It'd be nice to see it side-by-side with the Marvel Legends Juggernaut for comparison, though.

#17 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3722 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut seems to have a headache, judging from his impression.

#18 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO @ Juggernaut smelling the flower. Who knew Juggy had a soft spot?

Oooh, the Justice League 90's era figures, yeah..I love the captions, though. Batman's cape is..different..but the costume design is bland as all heck. Superman was able to stop any bullet with his mullet.

#19 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio
"Tell me I'm in 'The New 52' or I'm gonna shoot that kid over there."

LOL! XD

#20 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but Juggernaut looks an wrongly proportioned constipated retard.

#21 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Not enough muscle on those JL figures.

P.S. - That was sarcasm.

#22 Posted by Digraven (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember!!!! I had that Aquaman, Green Lantern and the Flash

#23 Posted by jewunit (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that Juggernaut figure. The picture of him next to the flower is great. Also, I had that Green Lantern figure. Those figures looked alright, but the lack of poseability was a real bummer for me.

#24 Posted by csl316 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, if I only had somewhere to put him.

#25 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Looking at that Juggernaut is like staring into a mirror!

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57918 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad.
BB

#27 Posted by kennybaese (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure I still have that Kyle Raynor figure somewhere... I need to go through my old boxes.

#28 Posted by danhimself (22454 posts) - - Show Bio

I got this really cool Total Justice box set when I was a kid that had the Justice League and their evil transparent counterparts....I have no idea if they're from storyline or what but they looked cool as heck when I got them

#29 Posted by leejunfan83 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

I needs my articulation

#30 Posted by StriderNo9 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few of the others in that series. I want Juggs next.

#31 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude I had the Flash one

#32 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember actually having the Kyle Rayner one, for some reason. If these things were around today, I'd be all over the Connor Hawke and Huntress ones. Awesome.

#33 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

what's huntress in on the 5th?

#34 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio
@GothamRed said:

what's huntress in on the 5th?

The Huntress mini-series, comes out this Wednesday, by Paul Levitz and Marcus To. Should be a good read.
#35 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the Bodybuilder League! Oh wait, no, just the JL. Ah well, lol. I still like those figures though! Awesome.

#36 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

I need that Juggernaut in my life, G-Man! And I used to have those total justice figures! My favorite was Kyle Rayner! I also liked the Aquaman/Flash ones. I didnt' care for Bats/Supes myself either.

#37 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha@Juggernaut+flowers picture

why aren't they called 'Awesome Action Figure' picks?

#38 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have some of those Total Justice figures, namely Batman (the black costume with silver armor and shoulder-mounted missile launcher), Superman, Flash, Aquaman, Kyle Rayner, Black Lightning, Hawkman, and Huntress. I still have a few of their accessories (here's hoping I can find the rest of them), and I had an extra Kyle Rayner autographed by Ron Marz this year. Strangely, I never got Darkseid and Despero when they were out. I also had the Total Justice coloring book as well.
#39 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool

#40 Posted by longbowhunter (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda looks like Wally is playing air guitar.
#41 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut it's cool and big. The JLA toy line is awesome But you need the best figure, Hawkman.

#42 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
I like the Justice League figures. Reminds me of the 90's :)
#43 Posted by craigbo180 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Juggernaut figure looks really cool. I'm not a big figures guy but Juggernaut definitely looks really awesome.

#44 Posted by Dynamo8 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Jug.

#45 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I should lessen my sugar intake.  For a split second, it looked like the smiling Parallax Hal Jordan's head moved.

#46 Posted by whacknasty (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Juggy's placement in those scenes, lol. I think he may even be bigger than my old Cy-Gor...*gasp* O.O

#47 Posted by The Impersonator (5234 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Total Justice line when it came out. I think I still have the Aquaman, Kyle, and Connor kicking around somewhere.

#49 Posted by sparty-dbq (789 posts) - - Show Bio

I had all those Total Justice figures when I was a kid. Don't recall Connor or Huntress being part of them though. And you need to show them with all those attachments or whatever they were. Flash's was really cool.

And as for the Juggernaut figure, here, just take my wallet. JUST TAKE IT!

#50 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator: What he said

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.