Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2015 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

About Juggernaut's indestructibility

Archangel33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would like to know if there is any kind of official statement about the supposed Juggernaut's total invulnerability (Handbooks or Comics). I also would like to know where is stated that the Juggernaut's defeat to War Hulk (enhanced by Celestials) involved mysticism. I never read anything about that. Finally, there are other instances where Juggernaut was defeated/harmed, like against Onslaught. Also, recently Spider-Man found Juggernaut unconscious after been beaten. Thanks!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By w0nd

idk which one to respond to lol you made two threads, but yes he was found beated unconcious by captain universe by spider-man

Official statement of his power:

http://marvel.com/universe/Juggernaut_(Cain_Marko)

and here is the scan about the celestials
    and here is the scan about the celestials

Archangel33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But isn't he supposed to be totally indestructible? How did Captain Universe beat him? And where is stated that the Celestial technology involved mysticism, as many Juggernaut fans say? Finally, the link states that Juggernaut is unstoppable and "extremely resistent", but nothing abou the "total invulnerability" issue. Thanks for the attention and i apologize for so many questions.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Captain Universe had convenient telepathic powers. And in that scan above it clearly states it was the power of the Celestials that allowed Hulk to do what he did there. He never actually managed to harm The Juggernaut in that fight. In fact The Juggernaut has never been shown to be harmed by any purely physical attack. And I mean "The Juggernaut". Not any de/underpowered version some writers like to trot out so they can use his name recognition without actually using the character.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its funny how spider man usually defeat him easily. PIS!!. i watch ultimate spider man season 3 episode 5, spider man defeated him with an electric web. they keep embarrassing juggy. that's not fair. spider man shouldn't even stand a chance at all.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its funny how spider man usually defeat him easily. PIS!!. i watch ultimate spider man season 3 episode 5, spider man defeated him with an electric web. they keep embarrassing juggy. that's not fair. spider man shouldn't even stand a chance at all.

As far as I am aware Spider-Man has never "defeated him easily" in the comics.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vendel: but why do they portray him weak in animated series?. doesnt make sense

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vendel: but why do they portray him weak in animated series?. doesnt make sense

No, it doesn't make sense that you would want to use The Juggernaut and make him less than what he is. Then again this seems to be a reoccurring theme in the comics the past several years as well. Which is why I gave up on marvel some time ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.