Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2015 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

about juggernaut

rayn1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rayn1984

How come a lot of people always criticize juggernaut's capabilities and always underestimate him?

rayn1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rayn1984

i see, but the potential of trion juggs is understandably omnipotent interms of strength and durability, right? I guess his dumbness and his lack of fighting skill are the greatest weakness he has.

novakidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By novakidx
    @rayn1984 said:
    " How come a lot of people always criticize juggernaut's capabilities and always underestimate him? "
    well from what I read,I was kinda mad that he wasen't even a mutant and he was so overpowered
    did they retcon any of that? cause I only read his debut
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @novakidx:
    Nope, to be honest i think he's much better of not being a mutant and instead being magicly empowerd by a God who had to be banished to another realm...that sounds way better then just being a mutant.
    Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vendel
    @rayn1984 said:
    " How come a lot of people always criticize juggernaut's capabilities and always underestimate him? "
    Because you even get writers who don't know how to properly portray him.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator

Its because many don't understand him. They think all bad guys need to have complicated motivations and if you ain't trying to take over the world, by building giant lasers or making an army, your redeemable. Sometimes, they might project their won thinking on to him. As in if they had his powers, they wouldn't sit around in a bar or steal from banks. So therefore its unrealistic of Juggernaut to do that. Or they think that if you throw him into a mountain or trip him up, or push him down, that you have physically injured him.  

Bad writing hasn't helped either, like that time with Superman? At least the writer owned up to knowing nothing about Juggernaut. Other writers try and make him 'interesting' by making him generic? Sometimes simplicity can be more complicated than complicated. Oh, I think the enemy of the X-Men hurts a little too. I have seen people say, "he can't be that tough, he's that guy the X-Men beat" riight.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By HellionVulcan

I thinks its more because if he was written to his power level no one could touch him ,he'd be unbeatable so hes written poorly so he loses for plot only reasons other wise guys like hulk thor would be dead by now & he'd be the top guy on earth .

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Knowsbleed33
    @rayn1984 said:
    Mostly because they've been in dozens of arguments involving him and they can't ever come up with good arguments against him so they develop a grudge.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By CATPANEXE

i say the number one is inconsistent writing, one which favors the Juggernaut version of the Unstable Molecules play nowadays being:
    Cyttorak apparently shuts off or limits Cains power limits and power set, like, whenever...
    On a side note I still stand by my long time thought that Juggernaut needs to be removed from Marvels planet Earth and either put in the
    position of a space faring cosmic character, or dimensional travel so his power base can be kept as strong as it should be and he can
    flourish with it without the writers having to find ways for him to fit into a weaker and frail world compared to him.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe
    @novakidx: Lots of Xmen villains aren't mutants, like Mr. Sinister he used to be a regular guy, and The Brood, D'ken, Deathbird are aliens, The Reavers were cyborgs, The Sentinels are robots, they have tons of human enemies
    Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Knowsbleed33
    @CATPANEXE said:
    "On a side note I still stand by my long time thought that Juggernaut needs to be removed from Marvels planet Earth and either put in the position of a space faring cosmic character, or dimensional travel so his power base can be kept as strong as it should be and he can flourish with it without the writers having to find ways for him to fit into a weaker and frail world compared to him. "
    The last time this happened he was depowered.
    Reality13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Reality13

I think that the uniqueness of the Juggernaut's power is not fully understood. That is why there is some confusion. Cyttorak is not fully understood and recognized. I approve of this viewpoint.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.