Follow

Judge Dredd

Character » Judge Dredd appears in 3972 issues.

In the dystopian post-apocalyptic future of the 22nd century, crime runs rampant in Mega-City One. Here the people are policed by the Judges, elite cops prepared to do whatever it takes to keep the peace, even if it means sentencing criminals to death on the spot. And the most feared of all the Judges is Judge Dredd.

Why people liked his new movie?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I mean it was The Raid, without all the things that made The Raid amazing.

I mean both are pretty damn generic, but the Raid had better action scenes with less budget, better characters and lets face it, the Raid made money, think that Dredd dont.

Is well known that Dredd 3D start producction first, but is also wel known that the guys that did Dredd 3D re writte and re shoot the movie after The Raid came out, they say they only re shoot the last scene, but they re shot during 4 months, not only that, is pretty damn obvious this is a very generic plot and lets face it, both of this films take thing from Taken, that shows how huge that movie was, i mean Taken 1 and 2 almost made 1 billion dollars, what show that without CGI, without any other movies and only with his Badassness, Liam Neeson is all the Avengers in one man.

I know many Dredd 3D fans, say The Raid is a rip off of the script from Dredd 3D, but lest be honest, Dredd 3D and The Raid had a generic action movie plot, i mean the freacking basic plot is Die Hard.

I mean, i remmeber at least 3 low budget action movies that i saw in the past 5 years that had the same plot.

I mean Universal Soldier 3 follows the same plot too and is also a better film thanks for the action scenes.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gravitypress

It may not have been original but it was fun and went together smoothly. Is there anything truly original anymore or just different takes on tried and true formulas? How many times do we see this in comics? In just 1 month of comics you will probably see the same plot 10+ times with all the titles from all publishers. Even then some will be classified as good and some bad.

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i saw the movie and liked it very very much. though i know dredd since my childhood, i've never read any of the books. now i wan't to start, but i don't know where. so, can anybody give me a good jump on point for any dredd series, or at least good story arcs i can collect?

thanks......

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By arnoldoaad

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I mean both are pretty damn generic, but the Raid had better action scenes with less budget, better characters and lets face it, the Raid made money, think that Dredd dont.

both were made at the same time but the Raid came first cause Dredd had a longer post-production, however just because the Raid exists doesnt mean that Dredd is a bad movie on its own

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SoA

never saw the raid so seeing dredd was just a fun action movie . no love story or past drama just a cop and a rookie taking out some bad guys .

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@arnoldoaad said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

both were made at the same time but the Raid came first cause Dredd had a longer post-production, however just because the Raid exists doesnt mean that Dredd is a bad movie on its own

No it just means Hollywood run out of ideas and is making Die Hard every 5 minutes, even when Die Hard wasnt even the original movie that came with that plot.

Assault on Precinct 13 came out on 74 or 76, it has the same plot, bunch of guy get inside of a building and then get attack by the bad guys, the worst part was that there is a remake made in 2005, then they start with the Dreed script in like 2006.

@SoA said:

never saw the raid so seeing dredd was just a fun action movie . no love story or past drama just a cop and a rookie taking out some bad guys .

Watch the Raid, has better action, but is a Martial Arts movie, sot hat explains the better action scenes.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Why can't we just enjoy both?   

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I enjoyed both. Also if you think about it both movies are ripoffs of Bruce Lee's Game of Death.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.