It's....So Sad.....

#1 Posted by The Lobster (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so sad seeing how well Dredd 3D is doing in the box office. 

Making 19 million out of a 40 million dollar budget....it makes me want to cry. Specially since the movie was SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! It received nothing but critical praise. Yet people went to go see Resident Evil (total steaming crap) or House on the End of the Street (Total crap) instead. I haven't been this disappointed in humanity since Scott Pilgrim lost to Vampire Sucks

At least it'll achieve cult status. Maybe it'll be a smash on DVD and Blu-ray.....I know I'll be purchasing a copy.

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : Best way to help the movie is to have your friends go see it too. It was placed at a bad time, people have comic fatigue at the moment.

#3 Posted by The Lobster (1509 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@The Lobster : Best way to help the movie is to have your friends go see it too. It was placed at a bad time, people have comic fatigue at the moment.

I took my girlfriend with me to go see it. She loved it more than I did apparently (she wanted to go see the next showing). 

I've told all my friends about it. They all say the same thing. "Dredd! Really? It's good? It looked so terrible." either that or "I really don't have the money or time, I'm saving to go see Pitch Perfect and Perks of Being a Wallflower."
#4 Edited by shol (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched it in between classes today. It was great fun! I didn't have too many expectations considering whenever I think of Judge Dredd I instantly remember that (terrible) Stallone flick, but I was pleasantly surprised by this film. I, for one, can't wait for the DVD to be released so I can watch it all over again. Hope to also see Urban and Thirlby kicking ass again as Dredd and Anderson in a sequel or something. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.