Follow

Judge Dredd

Character » Judge Dredd appears in 3986 issues.

In the dystopian post-apocalyptic future of the 22nd century, crime runs rampant in Mega-City One. Here the people are policed by the Judges, elite cops prepared to do whatever it takes to keep the peace, even if it means sentencing criminals to death on the spot. And the most feared of all the Judges is Judge Dredd.

IDW Series...any good?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Basically title. Anyone reading it? Recommend it?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@fallschirmjager: I read the first TPB when it was on sale through Comixology a while back. It was entertaining but not good enough to me that made me want to read the rest of the series. I really don't even remember the specifics of what happened so I guess it didn't leave much of an impression.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: Hmm...thanks.

Looking to expand my indie pull list is all. I've really enjoyed IDW's Godzilla series - the fights have been spectacular. (lets be honest, Godzilla isn't exactly a medium to expect great story telling lol)

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

@fallschirmjager: Have you been reading TMNT? It's been great.

IDW is also releasing a new GI Joe that looks cool. I think there is an article on the front page about it.

Brubaker and Phillips just released a new book called the fade out that is only 1 issue in that seems interesting so far.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@fallschirmjager: Man, I rate it. It's a good read. Met Wagner at a con. Says even he rates it.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: late reply sorry. I lost interest in TMNT, but I enjoy their Transformers a lot.

@hit_monkey I might check it out. I've got other stuff in the mean time though now haha

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I think its mediocre, most of the people on the 2000AD forums think its mediocre, outside of that though people seem to like it.

Its like a silly Monty Python version of Judge Dredd filled with random stuff, we're all more used to violent gritty Dredd these days.

I think sales are teetering at danger levels now, its selling like 5,000 to 6,000 a month these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.