Grant Morrison & Mark Millar Send Judge Dredd After the Almighty

Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

We all know Judge Dredd is the law. Did you know that Grant Morrison and Mark Millar worked on a Dredd story together with acclaimed artist Mick Austin? With the Karl Urban film due later this year, it's the perfect time to catch up on Judge Dredd. Morrison and Millar sent the famous lawman on a mission to find GOD.

JUDGE DREDD: CRUSADE is a new collection for the U.S. and Canada that has never been reprinted before. To make this even cooler, it will feature a brand new cover from comic book legend Brian Bolland (seen here).

After a scientist returns from a 15-year deep space mission and claims to have a message from God, judges from all of the world's Mega-Cities race to claim the secret for themselves. Of course Judge Dredd will be one of the judges sent.

There is also a back-up story The Frankenstein Division by Mark Millar and Carlos Ezquerra dealing with the sinister judges of East Meg creating the ultimate judge from the remains of their best. The creature will soon go on a rampage headed for Mega-City and the man responsible for the death of many of its "doners," Judge Dredd.

JUDGE DREDD: CRUSADE is on sale February 14, 2012.

Staff
#1 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wanting to read this for a while but couldn't find a copy.  Thanks for the news.

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

WANT

#3 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn it! MUST HAVE!

#5 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Just in time for Valentine's Day!!

Staff
#6 Posted by kennybaese (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

I will read the ever living hell out of this.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#8 Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

@walkingcarpet: And I'm gonna review the hell out of it!

Staff
#9 Posted by Agent_Prince (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I have this story in the original 2000ad print. It's ok, and was a decent break from the usual progressive nature of the Dredd universe. Morrison/Millar Dredd stories were all like this, and worth a read. Glad the US can finally try it for themselves.

#10 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ok, but I wish they would select stories for US reprinting based on their quality rather than for which star names worked on it.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33447 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent_Prince said:
I have this story in the original 2000ad print. It's ok, and was a decent break from the usual progressive nature of the Dredd universe. Morrison/Millar Dredd stories were all like this, and worth a read. Glad the US can finally try it for themselves.
same, I got mega exited there because I thought it was a new Morrison story.
#12 Posted by kennybaese (1117 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man And I will comment the hell out of that review.
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chane said:

It's ok, but I wish they would select stories for US reprinting based on their quality rather than for which star names worked on it.

well, aren't they collecting all the Judge Dredd stories in The Complete Case Files? I mean, it's going to be a while before they are up-to-date but I think they're trying to collect most of it

#14 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

You know as far as Mark Millar Dredd work this wasn't his normal crap, mainly because it seems like Grant Morrison said, "Write something where a scientist brings a message from God" and then Mark proceeded to smash his face into a keyboard to write it like normal.

#15 Posted by TheShame (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Great to see some love for ol man joe

#16 Posted by Ultimate_MiracleMan (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Millar & Grant Morrison. Now your talking!

#17 Posted by shiftplusone (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon

You know as far as Mark Millar Dredd work this wasn't his normal crap, mainly because it seems like Grant Morrison said, "Write something where a scientist brings a message from God" and then Mark proceeded to smash his face into a keyboard to write it like normal.

So as someone who doesn't typically like mark's work I shouldn't have any big issues with this?
#18 Posted by Deadcool (6811 posts) - - Show Bio

But Mark Millar and Grant Morrison hate each other...

Well, at least I know that Grant Morrisn hate averithing that Millar has done...

#19 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiftplusone said:

@damswedon

So as someone who doesn't typically like mark's work I shouldn't have any big issues with this?

Today's Mark Millar is miles better than 90's Millar. Now it seems like he randomly hits keys on a keyboard with his elbows. Maybe in another fifteen years he will start using his hands.

#20 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see... Grant Morrison is my favorite writer but Mark Millar licks goats.

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

BB

#22 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

BB

Nice.

#23 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: For the US releases (Simon & Schuster releases, as opposed to the UK rebellion ones) last time I checked vol 4 came out in December 11 and vol 5 is scheduled for June 12. At that rate, it'll be awhile before the US catches up with Case File releases, if ever.

Whereas in the UK we have Case Files vol 19 scheduled for May...

#24 Edited by Sammo21 (695 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! I will have to see if my local shop can get this for me.

Wow, super cheap on Amazon...will definitely go this route if my shop can't get it in:

http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Crusade-Grant-Morrison/dp/1907992677/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326119034&sr=8-1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.