'Dredd' Featurette

#1 Posted by Chaos Burn (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

betraayy the larrrgh

#2 Edited by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how well this will do in the box office.

ps. They should do a 3 minute expert on dredd and his city.

#3 Edited by Inverno (13242 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read Dredd comics before, but I always thought Mega City One resembled Coruscant...

#4 Posted by kennybaese (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@PortlandsBatman said:

I wonder how well this will do in the box office.

I bet it does fairly well in the UK, but it doesn't do great here. It'll get my dollars though.

#5 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Well once again i lose all my hope.

I fear no one will make a better movie than the one with stallone. I know they have a very low budget but seriously, it feels like a bad scifi tv show. No lawmaster (look like a normal bike), no megacity one (here it is south africa with building), no giant mopad, no holoads, no freak (only normal gang), they should have rename this because this is not judge dredd.

#6 Posted by Foofaraw (1 posts) - - Show Bio

How did they chose a Judge Dredd with no chin? I have seen stronger chin lines on slugs.

#7 Posted by TheShame (477 posts) - - Show Bio

@Foofaraw said:

How did they chose a Judge Dredd with no chin? I have seen stronger chin lines on slugs.

Lol, dude you must have some monstrous slugs where you live!

#8 Posted by oldstevens (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest I'm actually really looking forward to this being released in the UK. Hopefully it will do well enough and then expand out into more of the mythos of Dredd, mega city one etc.

#9 Posted by Kairan1979 (16775 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied: I think they wanted to make Nolan-esque Judge Dredd.

#10 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

#11 Posted by FenrikGrey (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Great char..waiting for a great movie =P

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33602 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd is BAMF 

that is all

#13 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know why but Karl Urban looked like Matt LeBlanc in this video ...?

#14 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Dredd is BAMF that is all

this

:

#15 Posted by headshangheavy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like this will appeal to the fans of films like The Expendables and not so much to comic readers. I don't suppose that the makers of Dredd will be too fussed about that though.

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Simply awesome. Interesting to see Maw Maw with how she got those scars now, all bloody there. Seventeen days till its time to watch :) Got me a free pass, thank God!

#17 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Looks pretty awesome!

But what I personally still don't like is the very hard to describe, soap opera, commercial, auto motion, camcorder effect all the modern "HD" movies tend to have these days. I know that most people don't recognize the difference but I miss the feel and the atmosphere of the old movies.

Nevertheless, awesome featurette!

#18 Edited by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually going to attend a screening at 9am in santa monica today. I'll let you guys know if it's cool or not.

EDIT: GO WATCH IT!!! AWESOME MOVIE!!!

#19 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

amazing movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.