Wondra? Or Jubilee?

• 73 results
#1 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly prefered Jubilee. Which one do ya'll prefer?

#2 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee. Specifically: late 90's, Jim lee , hanging with Wolvie and Psylocke Jubilee.

#3 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, Jubilee. I never liked the Wondra thing.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both.

#5 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

JUBILEE IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope she comes back as just Jubilee some day, with HER POWERS AGAIN!

#6 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Jaadu says:

"JUBILEE IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!! I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope she comes back as just Jubilee some day, with HER POWERS AGAIN! "

Old style Jubilee FTW!

#7 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee too

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Jew-B-Lee

#9 Posted by Graaaaaaa (69 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like the new, more mature and serious attitude she seems to have as Wondra, I do have to admit that I miss the old Jube. She had a HELL of a lot of potential (it was hinted on many occasions that she was basically a walking atomic bomb), but for some reason her powers were never allowed to develop as they should have been.

Ideally, I'd like to see her regain her mutant powers, but at a greatly enhanced level. I'd also like to see her keep her new mature edge, but without losing her trademark joviality completely.

#10 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't give a crap about Jubilee, but give me back Chamber!

#11 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Jubi hands down the one way back in the 90s not the new jubes either way i love the character of Jubilee not Wondra

#12 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah thats true now hes all blue and dumbass powered.

#13 Posted by Bloodaxe (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to follow the whole Wondra thing for a while, just to see where it goes. I have to agree that she seems to be quite a bit more grown up now, and that's good in some ways and sad in others. Still, I gotta say I kinda miss the old J too. It'd be nice to see her get re-powered eventually, but I agree that her powers should be boosted to the level they should have been at by now.

#14 Posted by Gibbon (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee is the one character who got me hooked on comics to begin with back in the '90's. She's got more heart and spunk than anyone in the Marvel universe, and she will always be a favorite of mine. I miss the old Jube too, but Wondra is kinda starting to grow on me.

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter what her codename, or what the title, I'll read whatever she's in. I'd read the phone book if she was listed in it!

#15 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubes!

#16 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

I love good old Jubilation too, but judging from the fact that the New Warriors series seems to be doing well, we may be stuck with Wondra for a while. But since it's really the same person (with totally different powers/codename/uniform/attitude) I guess I can deal. I completely agree that she should return to the mutant fold with elevated powers eventually, tho.

#17 Posted by R.U. Sirius (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Gibbon says:

"Jubilee is the *one* character who got me hooked on comics to begin with back in the '90's. She's got more heart and spunk than anyone in the Marvel universe, and she will always be a favorite of mine. I miss the old Jube too, but Wondra *is* kinda starting to grow on me. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter what her codename, or what the title, I'll read whatever she's in. I'd read the phone book if she was listed in it!"

Yeah, she pretty much got me into Marvel too. Don't get me wrong: Wondra's kinda cool, the whole "new-attitude-Jube" thing is d@mn appealing, and the New Warriors series is really good, but I really hope they bring her back. It's just not the same without her.

#18 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#19 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

jubilee is so better

#20 Posted by Graaaaaaa (69 posts) - - Show Bio

She's come a long way. From this:

To this:

She's grown quite a bit. I think I'd kinda prefer something right in between, basically the old Jube (with a serious power boost), but with the new attitude. That'd rock.

#21 Posted by Bloodaxe (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Graaaaaaa says:

"She's come a long way. From this: To this: She's grown quite a bit. I think I'd kinda prefer something right in between, basically the old Jube (with a serious power boost), but with the new attitude. That'd rock."

That first pic's hilarious. Talk about irony. Wasn't that from the X-Men/Ghost Rider crossover where they fought the brood in New Orleans?

Also, glad to see they changed Wondra's costume. That looks way better than this:

#22 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwwww....cute. Love her to pieces. :)

If memory serves, the first picture is when Jubester saw the Brood for the first time. (I'd wanna be anywhere else too.) The Brood had infected Ghost Rider, and the X-Men were looking for Gambit's wife Belladonna (for reasons I can't remember).

#23 Posted by Chickenman (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodaxe says:

"Graaaaaaa says:
"She's come a long way. From this: To this: She's grown quite a bit. I think I'd kinda prefer something right in between, basically the old Jube (with a serious power boost), but with the new attitude. That'd rock."
That first pic's hilarious. Talk about irony. Wasn't that from the X-Men/Ghost Rider crossover where they fought the brood in New Orleans? Also, glad to see they changed Wondra's costume. That looks *way* better than this: "

I'd take either one. Same cool chick no matter how she's dressed, or what she calls herself.

Do miss her old powers, though.

#24 Posted by Bloodaxe (76 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY CR@P that looks awesome!

I love Jube's new costume. And Jono seems to be giving her some high praise for team leadership.

#26 Posted by Chickenman (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodaxe says:

"Marvel's preview of New Warriors #9 Check out the preview artwork. Paco Medina rocks *hard*. Also gives some interesting hints to the new story arc."

Wow. Definitely gettin' that.

#27 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Jubilee!!!

#28 Posted by Graaaaaaa (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodaxe says:

"Marvel's preview of New Warriors #9 Check out the preview artwork. Paco Medina rocks *hard*. Also gives some interesting hints to the new story arc."

Paco Medina has got to be one of the best artists in the Marvel barn nowadays. MUCH better than John Malin. When he did this series I honestly couldn't tell some of the girls apart.

And yeah, Jubes looks awesome.

#29 Posted by Gibbon (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Graaaaaaa says:

"Bloodaxe says:
Paco Medina has got to be one of the best artists in the Marvel barn nowadays. MUCH better than John Malin. When he did this series I honestly couldn't tell some of the girls apart. And yeah, Jubes looks *awesome*."

How come this isn't listed in the Vine's "New Comics" section if it's being released today?

Or am I jumpin' the gun a bit?

#30 Posted by Graaaaaaa (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Gibbon says:

"How come this isn't listed in the Vine's "New Comics" section if it's being released today? Or am I jumpin' the gun a bit?"

If it's just released today, you're most likely jumping the gun.

#31 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Jubes she was one of the reasons i started even liking X Men in the first place, I would love it if she came back at a pivitol point with her original powers only able to really utilize the ability to detonate atomic and subatomic particles. That would be just awsome.

Jubes FOR EVA

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Okay I'm bringing the debate back. I've been having a problem with her name listed as Wondra. I think at heart, the character is Jubilee. That's how we all know her regardless of what she's calling herself now. The other thing is if we have her listed as Wondra, it makes it confusing if you check out an old issue of Uncanny and see no sign of Jubilee in the credits. It's just like the Winter Soldier page, he's Bucky Barnes regardless. Also in Ultimate X-Men she's going as Jubilee. Anyone else care one way or the other?"

I care and she will always be Jubes to me.

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I know the argument could be made for the other New Warriors but they're not as big of characters as Jubilee. "

what about Vance Astro?=D

#34 Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I'm bringing the debate back. I've been having a problem with her name listed as Wondra. I think at heart, the character is Jubilee. That's how we all know her regardless of what she's calling herself now. The other thing is if we have her listed as Wondra, it makes it confusing if you check out an old issue of Uncanny and see no sign of Jubilee in the credits. It's just like the Winter Soldier page, he's Bucky Barnes regardless. Also in Ultimate X-Men she's going as Jubilee.

Anyone else care one way or the other?

Staff
#35 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

I say leave her as Jubilee. It makes more sense for all the X-men things she's connected to.

#36 Posted by G-Man (30652 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the argument could be made for the other New Warriors but they're not as big of characters as Jubilee.

Staff
#37 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubes is better

#38 Posted by Intensity (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I definately agree. She should be referred to as Jubilee... even in New Warriors, she rarely goes by Wondra. I think its just a codename that was given to conceal her identity, even though her teammates never call her that. Plus, Wondra was never in the X-Men. Trying to search for comics with Jubilee in them can be difficult if she is now listed as Wondra... they should just retcon that name.

#39 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

jubilee hell im naming my daughter after her lol

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Intensity says:

"I definately agree. She should be referred to as Jubilee... even in New Warriors, she rarely goes by Wondra. I think its just a codename that was given to conceal her identity, even though her teammates never call her that. Plus, Wondra was never in the X-Men. Trying to search for comics with Jubilee in them can be difficult if she is now listed as Wondra... they should just retcon that name."

Your right.Everyone in the comics still calls her Jubilee.

#41 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

ju-b specially the oroginal i didnt like the generation x one..

#42 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

okay im sick of Jubilee not in any x-men series :( She needs to get her powers back! I know there has to be someway! lol i'm desperate!

#43 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Ho the F*ck is wondra? And Why the F*ck Jubilee aint in the x-men anymore?
Iliked when she was like Gambits little sister, well thats the impression I got from her from the tv show.

Srsly why do writters go to write the characters that they dont like?

#44 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio
Suigetsu said:
"Ho the F*ck is wondra? And Why the F*ck Jubilee aint in the x-men anymore?
Iliked when she was like Gambits little sister, well thats the impression I got from her from the tv show.

Srsly why do writters go to write the characters that they dont like?"
Wondra is a depowered Jubilee
Jubilee isn't an X-man because she's not a mutant anymore (WHERE THE F#CK HAVE YOU BEEN?)
Jubilee was with Wolverine more in the 90's cartoon.
Wondra is a good character so you last question is not worth answering.
#45 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is her page Jubilee instead of Wondra?

#46 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Nvm

#47 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Where have I been? Away from the woks of the spoiled brat named joe Q >=(
I just cant belive wath I have cheked out on jubilee's section, wath have they done to her?

And how come wolverine was first protective with jubilee and now with kitty pride?  oh well wathever.

Considering that she has only suffered and had looses I guess I havent missed any important. Except that now I know why people hate Joe Q so much.

#48 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee should get her powers back and become the leader of the new warriors, young x-men or one of those cool teams.
With Pimped powers aswell and a new better look , honoring her looks of the 90's.

Pure win that would be.

#49 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Jubilee.

Wondra is ok i guess.
#50 Posted by Baal Zak (355 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should be renamed as Wondra. That's her official name now in Marvel's "normal" continuity. It's the same case as Red Arrow, they grow up or whatever and the old name is gone. Besides, in the New Warriors series she's not very fond of remembering her mutant past :o

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.