Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3018 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

What's next for Jubilee?

Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Intensity

Spoilers...

As of X-Men volume 3, issue ………… #27, Jubilee has left the X-Men to train with The Forgiven.

The Forgiven is a group of D-List (at best,) Vampires, led by Raizo Koda. After defeating Lord Deathstrike single-handedly, Jubilee 'opted' to go with the vampire group as opposed to rejoining her fellow X-Men. Victor Gischler, the writer, has been criticized for putting too much focus on vampires in the X-Books (although, Marvel told him to turn Jubes into a vamp.) While it is true Jubilee is a vampire now, Gischler should not have put so much of an emphasis on that aspect of her. Instead, she should have just been another one of the X-Men, albeit a vampire, that helps out with the missions like everyone else. That being said, Marvel 'editorially mandated' her being placed out of the title.

What is next for Jubilee? Will she be in 'vampire limbo' for months or years to come... with only minor appearances and guest shots? Or, by the grace of all things good, will our favorite sass-talking badass x-gal be placed in the hands of a more competent writer/series?

I think that Jubilee would work wonders under Marjorie Liu in Astonishing X-Men. Also, she should be up for grabs in 'Wolverine and the X-Men." Unless, of course, Marvel refuses to let her come around the X-Men anymore for the time being. Should she get her old powers back? Stay a vampire? Become powerless again? Have a miniseries/solo/team-up title? Where would you like to see her show up and how?

I have a sudden urge to contact Marvel in regards to this. :)

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I'm so disappointed that good old Jubes won't be appearing in the adjectiveless X-Men anymore :/

I'm not sure if anyone at Marvel likes Jubilee anymore. She sure seems to have been neglected over the years - first ignored, then depowered, and later turned into a vampire, which I think it's more of a hinderance to her character developement.

Liu seems to like writing her, judging on Jubilee's appearances in X-23, so maybe she'll find her place in Atonishing some time in the future - though I'm not sure how she could be worked into that title since Wolverine's side has the "no kids fighting"-rule. Jubilee is 18 now, and a vampire, so maybe she doesn't count after all?

I'm still waiting for a X-23 & Jubilee buddy team comic. I absolutely loved their interaction in the X-23 series. Also, I've always wished there was an all-girl X-title (similar to Birds of Prey) focusing on a team of female characters. The comic industry needs more female readers, so that wouldn't be too bad an idea commercially, either - though I do think that there are currently way too many X-books on the market. So how about a title with, let's say Jubilee, X-23, Boom-Boom, Dust, and Surge (and maybe Transonic) as SF-based team?

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- This is an example of a character that has been ignored or misused for so long, I'm not sure at this point what you could do to fix her. If Marvel was expecting the Twilight crowd to get into the X-Men because of her vampire phase, they were kidding themselves.

- Sadly she is just another one of the characters that no one seems to know what to do with so they will change her status quo every couple of years until something sticks. A teen X-team with X-23 and others would probably be the best option at this point.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I can't even-i just don't know what to-*sobs*

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jubilee042

I'm really sad over this decision.I really hope she joins the astonishing title otherwise she'll be in limbo for some years.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By FourthDeity

I agree with everyone above me ^ :/

this is pretty upsetting :/

her and x23 have sooo much potential and it sucks to see it go to waste like this

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

I blame twilight.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By evilvegeta74

@x_29: exactly!!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane

You know, with the way Wood was saying he'd like to get another chance at writing Jubilee...dare i say there's hope for her yet ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

You know, with the way Wood was saying he'd like to get another chance at writing Jubilee...dare i say there's hope for her yet ?

It would be a major undertaking to try to do something with her without a major retcon at this point. Kudos to Wood if he wants to tackle it.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

It would be a major undertaking to try to do something with her without a major retcon at this point. Kudos to Wood if he wants to tackle it.

I don't understand. What sort of "major retcon" would that be ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Poor choice of words on my part. I meant to impart that at this point there are many parts of her recent usage that are going to be hard to resolve (being a vampire for starters) and tie up well before being able to really push her in a new direction.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Poor choice of words on my part. I meant to impart that at this point there are many parts of her recent usage that are going to be hard to resolve (being a vampire for starters) and tie up well before being able to really push her in a new direction.

I see what you mean. That's true.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@MyraMyraMyra said:

I'm so disappointed that good old Jubes won't be appearing in the adjectiveless X-Men anymore :/

I'm not sure if anyone at Marvel likes Jubilee anymore. She sure seems to have been neglected over the years - first ignored, then depowered, and later turned into a vampire, which I think it's more of a hinderance to her character developement.

Liu seems to like writing her, judging on Jubilee's appearances in X-23, so maybe she'll find her place in Atonishing some time in the future - though I'm not sure how she could be worked into that title since Wolverine's side has the "no kids fighting"-rule. Jubilee is 18 now, and a vampire, so maybe she doesn't count after all?

I'm still waiting for a X-23 & Jubilee buddy team comic. I absolutely loved their interaction in the X-23 series. Also, I've always wished there was an all-girl X-title (similar to Birds of Prey) focusing on a team of female characters. The comic industry needs more female readers, so that wouldn't be too bad an idea commercially, either - though I do think that there are currently way too many X-books on the market. So how about a title with, let's say Jubilee, X-23, Boom-Boom, Dust, and Surge (and maybe Transonic) as SF-based team?

Jubilee and X-23 would be great, people who complain laura doesn't talk enough or have emotions when she's with Jubilee she comes out of her shell more. Good for both their characters

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

I'm really sad that Jubilee is no longer in adjectiveless x-men. Hope she comes back with Hollow and X-23 as a trio team for a mini series at least.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jubilee should have been able to retain her tech and be Wondra. The Vampire thing is worthless. I almost don't even want to see her in comics anymore. Trying to develop her now that's a Vampire is a slap in the face to her fans. Frankencastle was a better idea than this. 

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oraclefyre

I would rather a non-vampire Jubilee. A depowered Mutant makes more sense in the X-Men than a vampire. It just doesn't...fit.

Linore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linore

I'm so pisssed with marvel after what they did to her. I grew up with this chracter and went and destroyed her completely with this vampire crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.