She's coming back!

• 79 results
#51 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG...I hope this isn't fake...I love Jubes
#52 Posted by Alexander Arkady (250 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOHOO!! Bought damn time Jubilee got some airtime. She was awesome back in the day

#53 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I think several mutants will be getting there powers back. This is cause Mags is returning and was working with the High Evolutionary to give all the depowered mutants their powers back. I believe she will receive her powers back.

#54 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

WHOOO!!! I love Jubilee, Personally hated her time as Wondra but if she's comiing back with her Full Power I may just wet myself

#55 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD I HOPE SO
#56 Posted by forsake (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofx said:

"  ok! i just want to say - i've been a fan of jubilee since first seeing her in the 90's animated series.  she became my favorite character (i know, it seems lame that a 30 year old man's favorite character would be jubilee, but that's what it is - i think i have a soft spot for misunderstood underdogs).  a few years later (in the comics), she goes on to generation x and is written REALLY WELL and illustrated EVEN BETTER - Bachalo is my favorite Jubilee artist.  THEN, genX went through their artist and writer changes and things started going downhill BADLY. after gen-x ended, jubilee only made a few random appearances before she was DEPOWERED!  i wish i knew what made the artists decide which mutants got to keep their powers... i mean - do we NEED 3 wolverine analogues (x-23, daken)?? do we NEED another rock guy (onyx)? do we NEED another diamond character (bling!) do we NEED some mutants to have more than 1 power?  NO!  sure, jubilee can be compared to dazzler and/or boom-boom, but she really IS different.  there is a significant difference between their powers and how they work.so, after being depowered, i had hopes for her as one of the new warriors.  and mostly, i didn't have a big problem with the book.  and i like how they changed her into a seemingly older person with a more layered personality.  BUT, now if they take her backwards (like they KINDA did with her clothing on the cover of nation x #2), i am gonna be PISSED.jubilee has got to be one of THE MOST misused/misdrawn characters in comics history.think about it: she's chinese-american, yet is rarely actually drawn looking like that.  she used to be a world class, olympian level gymnast.  AND she fought with wolverine against the Hand - a bunch of killer ninjas!  also, while yes, her "fireworks" can blind people - they can also cause major damage (remember in the phalanx covenant when emma helped synch use jubilee's powers to cause an ENORMOUS phalanx-spattering explosion).  yet, besides her VERY early days or genX early days, can you think of time where jubilee was written to utilize her various skills (gymnastics, fighting ninjas, blowing S--- UP!) to max effect?  No.  she was frequently written as a dumb girl with an attitude who was afraid to use her powers and needed to be rescued or shut up.  LAME.can you think of another character to get their own solo series where their powers are represented completely WRONG???  in that solo series, she only ever used her powers to blind people, but never for destruction - that is F'ED UP! i DID see her hand glowing on the cover of nation x #2... so i really really really really REALLY REALLY hope that she gets her powers back... but ONLY if they do them right.i'm excited!  these stories look awesome!  blink is back - that's awesome too!  LONG LIVE CHRIS CLAREMONT'S JUBILEE!! "

I agree  completely
#57 Posted by MeganWayne (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Could it just be that Jubilee is getting re-powered later then the other important mutants. Like Magneto,Polaris she could get her powers back a little bit later then the others

#58 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio

If she does wear the same costume that she wore for so long then she might just be another Julie Power xP

#59 Posted by MeganWayne (70 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: I am pretty sure there was a Jubilee before a Julie power. It's like the crown is coming back to the original but I may be mistaken
#60 Posted by Charmix (11838 posts) - - Show Bio
@MeganWayne said:
" @Charmix: I am pretty sure there was a Jubilee before a Julie power. It's like the crown is coming back to the original but I may be mistaken "
:) Same here. But if they do bring her back at least give her a costume change.
#61 Posted by ~Mystery~ (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Cover

#62 Posted by vicsrealms (85 posts) - - Show Bio

The brain is Martha Johansson, not No-girl.  No-Girl was a joke some of the students were playing on Xorn (Magento) during the New X-Men comic series.  She was a heavy telepath who had her brain removed from her body by the U-Men.

I think it will be nice to see Jubilee back.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a reunion with Sofia and the rest of the Young X-Men as I wonder what a lot of the former New Warriors are up to now.

#63 Posted by fesak (6981 posts) - - Show Bio
@vicsrealms said:
" The brain is Martha Johansson, not No-girl.  No-Girl was a joke some of the students were playing on Xorn (Magento) during the New X-Men comic series.  She was a heavy telepath who had her brain removed from her body by the U-Men.  I think it will be nice to see Jubilee back.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a reunion with Sofia and the rest of the Young X-Men as I wonder what a lot of the former New Warriors are up to now. "
It was stated in Grant Morrisons last arc that Martha was No-Girl.
#64 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Jubilee!   I was soo upset when she was depowered :( I hope they give her powers back! :D

Great artwork aswell.

#65 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

sneak peak from Nation X #2

#66 Posted by Agent Buttons (12411 posts) - - Show Bio
i <3 Jubilee
#67 Posted by TheAmericanDream (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee is finally coming back to a X-comic, AWESOME!!!
#68 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19325 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"sneak peak from Nation X #2

"

YAYNESS TO THE MAX XD, and there's dust and anole
#69 Posted by 244 (504 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jubilee's going to be a permanent X-men member, she should be a regular character for X-men Legacy because I hate to see what Fraction would do to her in 
Uncanny.

#70 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:
" If Jubilee's going to be a permanent X-men member, she should be a regular character for X-men Legacy because I hate to see what Fraction would do to her in  Uncanny. "
Exactly what you said.  
#71 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Jubilee coming back, but for the love of Pete! Lose that worn out 80's mall rat look. Rain coats are hardly in fashion when it's actually raining. I thought she was much cuter with her long hair.

#72 Posted by 244 (504 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt: @FoxxFireArt said:
" I don't mind Jubilee coming back, but for the love of Pete! Lose that worn out 80's mall rat look. Rain coats are hardly in fashion when it's actually raining. I thought she was much cuter with her long hair.
"
Maybe it's just for nostalgia but I hope she's depicted as being mature and that was the most dramatic character development I ever read of.
#73 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19325 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
"i <3 Jubilee "

me too, and I love rachel maddow
#74 Edited by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" @Gambler said:

" Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos. "
So which is Gambit? Flasher or Emo? ;) "
is'nt he a bit of both?

@CATMANEXE said:
" sneak peak from Nation X #2

"

she looks good, hope she carried her "new" personality with her
#75 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19325 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see some real power action...like her exploding some buildings and stuff with her fireworks, even better yet, giving people mild strokes...that would be awsome
#76 Posted by panda21595 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah! I wonder how she was repowered, but i'm surprised she went back to how she looked before. But still yay Jubilee is back 
!!!
#77 Posted by coslopis (54 posts) - - Show Bio

In some of Jubilee's pics she were her old costume and has a light aura coming from her hand??????  
Does she have her powers back???? please reply

#78 Posted by oldgum (323 posts) - - Show Bio
@coslopis:  
At Least not before the end of The Curse of Mutants 
#79 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm it would be good to see her again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.