She's coming back!

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee will come back on the Nation X series on January!
 
  NATION X #2 (of 4)
Written by C.B. CEBULSKI, BECKY CLOONAN, TIM FISH & JOHN BARBER
Penciled by BECKY CLOONAN, TIM FISH & MORE
Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
IN THIS ISSUE: Jubilee returns to the X-Men, Gambit has trouble adjusting to life on Utopia, Northstar deals with the distance that island living necessitates and No-Girl has to save all the X-Men from a foe living right under their noses. Part 2 (of 4)
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99  
 


I thought she was de-powered?
Moderator
#2 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

she was depowered

#3 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

she was. never liked her but its good to see the return of juggy's plaything lol. and i guess they gave her powers bak

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it's just a cover... because I'd hate for her to be de-aged into a middle-teen again.  She actually had character development as a New Warrior :p

Moderator
#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Hopefully it's just a cover... because I'd hate for her to be de-aged into a middle-teen again.  She actually had character development as a New Warrior :p "
She's not de-aged.... is she?
 
I mean she doesn't looked de-aged to me!?
Moderator
#6 Posted by maxcarnage (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Jubilee, love gambit, love northstar, but who's the brain?
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's just a cover.  Like how the Marvel Divas covers had Firestar in her original yellow & red outfit, which she hasn't worn for about 20 years... But Weaver has made Jubes look 16 again.  She finally looked like she'd reached her early 20's in New Warriors. 
 
I hope it's just the cover...

Moderator
#8 Edited by maxcarnage (70 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Probably, they got a good thing about making covers that usually have nothing to do with the story. I saw the marvel diva cover, Black cat, Hellcat, Firestar, and who was the other?
#9 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally :]

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxcarnage: Photon 
 
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" Finally :] "
Very true!  There are so many interviews where fans ask if Jubilee is going to return... now she is :)
Moderator
#11 Posted by maxcarnage (70 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Thanks, that was rotting my brain for some reason. Wasn't she captain marvel at one time?
#12 Posted by John Valentine (16304 posts) - - Show Bio

 I hate hate hate hate hate this ridiculous Utopia storyline. Why is every single character linked with the X-Men taking up residence on the island?  
Magneto? A depowered Jubilee? Come on....  
There are way too many characters with most being unable to get anything more than  a quick cameo panel, or at best, a silly little short story. NO.

#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

I just find it crazy how she has been away from a x title for so long..

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16304 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"I just find it crazy how she has been away from a x title for so long.. "

She probably won't be featured after this story. Maybe a pannel (drawn by Land or, slightly better, Dodson) if she's very lucky.
#15 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxcarnage said:
" Love Jubilee, love gambit, love northstar, but who's the brain? "
The brain is No-Girl.
#16 Posted by kimmycat (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxcarnage said:
" Love Jubilee, love gambit, love northstar, but who's the brain? "
Martha Johansson?
 
But I'm happy Jubilee's coming back, even if she may not stay for long.
#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"  I hate hate hate hate hate this ridiculous Utopia storyline. Why is every single character linked with the X-Men taking up residence on the island?  

Magneto? A depowered Jubilee? Come on....  
There are way too many characters with most being unable to get anything more than  a quick cameo panel, or at best, a silly little short story. NO. "

I think I'll just start copying & pasting this everywhere, so I wont have to say it :)  
 
But Nation X is looking like it's following the same formula as the first Dark X-Men mini series, the Manifest Destiny 5-part series, and the Divided We Stand two-parter.  A bunch of one-off short stories revolving around individual characters.  So on the one hand it'll be good to see a story purely about Jubilee... on the other hand, that's all we're gonna get.
Moderator
#18 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @John Valentine said:
"  I hate hate hate hate hate this ridiculous Utopia storyline. Why is every single character linked with the X-Men taking up residence on the island?  

Magneto? A depowered Jubilee? Come on....  
There are way too many characters with most being unable to get anything more than  a quick cameo panel, or at best, a silly little short story. NO. "

I think I'll just start copying & pasting this everywhere, so I wont have to say it :)   But Nation X is looking like it's following the same formula as the first Dark X-Men mini series, the Manifest Destiny 5-part series, and the Divided We Stand two-parter.  A bunch of one-off short stories revolving around individual characters.  So on the one hand it'll be good to see a story purely about Jubilee... on the other hand, that's all we're gonna get. "
Yeah this series seems to be just ro establish all the characters in their place.....
Moderator
#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

She and Monet need a reunion

Moderator
#20 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"I just find it crazy how she has been away from a x title for so long.. "
She probably won't be featured after this story. Maybe a pannel (drawn by Land or, slightly better, Dodson) if she's very lucky. "
God, I love seething, irrational negativity, don't you guys?
 
Seriously, good for Jubes...I hope she continues to move-on away from her 90's Mallrat characterization, since she was one of the sole shining lights in Grevioux's "New Warriors" book. Yikes, that was some terrible comic books. As an aside...
 
...Does Northstar seem to be enjoying standing ass-to-ass with Gambit? Or is Gambit the one enjoying it more? Did they do that on purpose? Hehheh...Someone had to friggin' say it. 
 
Oh, and No-Girl is on the CENTER COVER of a NUMBER ONE issue, alongside Jubilee and Northstar. Good lord, my head may explode yet...
#21 Edited by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @John Valentine said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"I just find it crazy how she has been away from a x title for so long.. "
She probably won't be featured after this story. Maybe a pannel (drawn by Land or, slightly better, Dodson) if she's very lucky. "
God, I love seething, irrational negativity, don't you guys?  Seriously, good for Jubes...I hope she continues to move-on away from her 90's Mallrat characterization, since she was one of the sole shining lights in Grevioux's "New Warriors" book. Yikes, that was some terrible comic books. As an aside...  ...Does Northstar seem to be enjoying standing ass-to-ass with Gambit? Or is Gambit the one enjoying it more? Did they do that on purpose? Hehheh...Someone had to friggin' say it.   Oh, and No-Girl is on the CENTER COVER of a NUMBER ONE issue, alongside Jubilee and Northstar. Good lord, my head may explode yet... "

I think John was refering to how Uncanny X-Men's rotating cast seems to shine a spotlight on Cyclops, with the occasional panel spared for other background characters. 
 
I hope the cover it just to hightlight the four solo stories, so I don't think there's a suggestion between Northstar & Gambit ;) 
 
Oh, and it's issue 2 :)
Moderator
#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@pixelized said:

"She and Monet need a reunion "



Yes please! :D
Moderator
#23 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee is boring,  No-Girl is awesome. That is all.

Moderator
#24 Edited by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:

" Jubilee is boring,  No-Girl is awesome. That is all. "

No-Girl wasn't one of the stars in the 90s X-men series......
Moderator
#25 Edited by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME! 
 
If she's here to stay, she should be on the cast of X-Men Legecy.
#26 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

If Rictor can keep hanging around with X-Factor then why can't Jubilee come back to the X-Men even though they don't have powers. How often did she use her powers really? She's was pretty formidable without them.
 
And yes I like No-Girl too. Martha the brain in the jar is kinda fun.

#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Because X-Factor is a character driven book by someone who understands that heroes don't need powers ;) 
 
I'd be seriously happy if Jubilee came back on a more permanent basis in any title aside from Uncanny... and maybe X-Force (but that's only because horrible things happen to characters in X-Force).
Moderator
#28 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos.

Moderator
#29 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Finally :] "
#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos. "
So which is Gambit? Flasher or Emo? ;)
Moderator
#31 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Gambler said:
" Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos. "
So which is Gambit? Flasher or Emo? ;) "
And hippies.
 
And homeless people. Come to think of it, they also wear cutoff gloves.
 
Gambit=Bob Crachit
#32 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Gambler said:
" Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos. "
So which is Gambit? Flasher or Emo? ;) "
Well, not to air the man's business in the streets and all but, both :P
Moderator
#33 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @Gambler said:
" Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos. "
So which is Gambit? Flasher or Emo? ;) "
Well, not to air the man's business in the streets and all but, both :P "
He flashes you his pink card & then cries about it?  ;p 
 
So trying to get slightly back on topic... what about Jubilee (with her sunflower yellow coat)?? ;)
Moderator
#34 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"Gambit needs a new style already. The only people who wear trenchcoats are flashers and emos. "

O_o Emo's don't wear trenchcoats!! Where do you get this from? xP
#35 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84610 posts) - - Show Bio

Where was Jubilee anyway?

Moderator
#36 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes about time ;)

#37 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed her in those clothes, if you guys notice her right hand is kind of glowing a bit or lighted. I hope she does get her powers back :)

#38 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Breaker envoy of Setron said:
" I missed her in those clothes, if you guys notice her right hand is kind of glowing a bit or lighted. I hope she does get her powers back :) "
the question is HOW?
Moderator
#39 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"Where was Jubilee anyway? "

Maybe that'll be addressed in her story in Nation X??  I'll be sad if she's returned to the X-Men without Jono though.
Moderator
#40 Posted by manofx (10 posts) - - Show Bio

 ok! i just want to say - i've been a fan of jubilee since first seeing her in the 90's animated series.  she became my favorite character (i know, it seems lame that a 30 year old man's favorite character would be jubilee, but that's what it is - i think i have a soft spot for misunderstood underdogs).  a few years later (in the comics), she goes on to generation x and is written REALLY WELL and illustrated EVEN BETTER - Bachalo is my favorite Jubilee artist.  THEN, genX went through their artist and writer changes and things started going downhill BADLY. after gen-x ended, jubilee only made a few random appearances before she was DEPOWERED!  i wish i knew what made the artists decide which mutants got to keep their powers... i mean - do we NEED 3 wolverine analogues (x-23, daken)?? do we NEED another rock guy (onyx)? do we NEED another diamond character (bling!) do we NEED some mutants to have more than 1 power?  NO!  sure, jubilee can be compared to dazzler and/or boom-boom, but she really IS different.  there is a significant difference between their powers and how they work.

so, after being depowered, i had hopes for her as one of the new warriors.  and mostly, i didn't have a big problem with the book.  and i like how they changed her into a seemingly older person with a more layered personality.  

BUT, now if they take her backwards (like they KINDA did with her clothing on the cover of nation x #2), i am gonna be PISSED.

jubilee has got to be one of THE MOST misused/misdrawn characters in comics history.

think about it: she's chinese-american, yet is rarely actually drawn looking like that.  she used to be a world class, olympian level gymnast.  AND she fought with wolverine against the Hand - a bunch of killer ninjas!  also, while yes, her "fireworks" can blind people - they can also cause major damage (remember in the phalanx covenant when emma helped synch use jubilee's powers to cause an ENORMOUS phalanx-spattering explosion).  yet, besides her VERY early days or genX early days, can you think of time where jubilee was written to utilize her various skills (gymnastics, fighting ninjas, blowing S--- UP!) to max effect?  No.  she was frequently written as a dumb girl with an attitude who was afraid to use her powers and needed to be rescued or shut up.  LAME.

can you think of another character to get their own solo series where their powers are represented completely WRONG???  in that solo series, she only ever used her powers to blind people, but never for destruction - that is F'ED UP!

i DID see her hand glowing on the cover of nation x #2... so i really really really really REALLY REALLY hope that she gets her powers back... but ONLY if they do them right.

i'm excited!  these stories look awesome!  blink is back - that's awesome too!  

LONG LIVE CHRIS CLAREMONT'S JUBILEE!!

#41 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I love jubilee to, but if they take her back to uncanny, it won't work. She had been forced to grow up outside the x-men. She is leading the New Warriors, if they bring her back to uncanny, they will make her into that dumb sidekick again, she can be so much more. And about them giving her powers back, I hope they don't. the writers f-ed up with who they depowered and now they gotta deal with it.
#42 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the Scarlet Witch's effect is slowly wearing off...?

#43 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Wiccan ever be able to reverse what Wanda did?? or at least give mutants back their powers?
 
Since he's her son and all...

#44 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"I love jubilee to, but if they take her back to uncanny, it won't work. She had been forced to grow up outside the x-men. She is leading the New Warriors, if they bring her back to uncanny, they will make her into that dumb sidekick again, she can be so much more. And about them giving her powers back, I hope they don't. the writers f-ed up with who they depowered and now they gotta deal with it. "

her team of New Warriors broke up
#45 Posted by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

About time, I loved jubilee, she so cool.It seemsto me x-men writers are returning old females for some reason, psylocke, kitty in x-men forever & now jubilee. it's so wierd. 
#46 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio
@time said:
" About time, I loved jubilee, she so cool.It seemsto me x-men writers are returning old females for some reason, psylocke, kitty in x-men forever & now jubilee. it's so wierd.  "
don't forget Dazzler ^^
#47 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"Would Wiccan ever be able to reverse what Wanda did?? or at least give mutants back their powers? Since he's her son and all... "

That wold make an intreasting story...! 
 
Could he?
Moderator
#48 Posted by jambito_X (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee's hand shinning!!!  :O

#49 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@jambito_X said:
"Jubilee's hand shinning!!!  :O "
She also looks about 13 and is wearing her clothes from nearly 20 years ago... It's just a cover, so it's probably just a pin-up style image representing the four solo stories inside.  I doubt she's gone back to wearing the same clothes from when she first appeared or regained her powers.  At least, if the writers want to receive any sort of credibility then she wont have...
Moderator
#50 Posted by Jubiilee (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"Jubilee will come back on the Nation X series on January! "


  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.