Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3021 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Off My Mind: Can The X-Men Save Jubilee?

• 122 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Since her debut in 1989, Jubilee has always been one of the most beloved X-Men characters. She started out having a nice life in Beverly Hills until her parents were murdered. Running away from the orphanage she was sent to, she decided to live in the local mall. Later she followed the X-Men through a portal (created by the mutant Gateway) and ended up in the Australian outback, where the X-Men were hiding out. Immediately she showed signs of being a survivor by having to face Nanny and avoiding the Reavers attack. Helping save Wolverine, who was being tortured by the Reavers, Jubilee turned into his unofficial sidekick and they developed a father-daughter relationship. 

Jubilee became a member of the X-Men and to the surprise of readers, lost her powers during the events of M-Day when Scarlet Witch reduced the number of mutants to 198. It looked like Jubilee's X-Men days were over until she was targeted by a vampire suicide bomber. Jubilee became infected and found herself compelled to go to Xarus, the son of Dracula. Giving in to his persuasive ways, Jubilee became a full-fledged vampire.  

The Curse of the Mutants story is over in the pages of X-Men but what will be Jubilee's fate? Is there any way the X-Men can save her from the life of a vampire? 
     == TEASER == 
    No Caption Provided
    In X-Men #6, Blade the vampire hunter says there is one way to save her...with a wooden stake. He said that there is no cure or rehabilitation. She is a vampire and will be one for the rest of her immortal life. 

No Caption Provided
    There may not be a cure of those that are turned into vampires but Jubilee wasn't the typical vampire victim. Her first step in becoming a vampire was from a bio-engineered virus contained in the suicide bomber vampire. Because it was engineered, there's the possibility that the solution could be found there. Unfortunately it won't be so simple as Xarus did complete her transformation with an actual bite. Dr. Nemesis has been working on a cure and we can't forget what happened to Wolverine. Despite having a healing factor, he was turned into a vampire himself but through clever planning by Cyclops, Wolverine was treated beforehand and they were able to turn off the vampire virus after he became a vampire. 

Jubilee may be in a different situation than Wolverine but again, some progress has been made. There's also the fact that Jubilee was a mutant. She may have lost her abilities thanks to Scarlet Witch using her hex powers to reduce the number of mutants on Earth but it's likely that the mutant gene is still hidden somewhere inside. The fact that she had her genetic make up altered by Scarlet Witch's magic, could allow for the possibility that Jubilee's curse can be reversed. 

Jubilee getting a complete cure would be too easy and a cop out. Most likely the X-Men will find a way to reduce her hunger and she'll be able to operate alongside the X-Men once again (this will most likely be the main focus of the upcoming Wolverine and Jubilee miniseries). She'll still have remnants of the vampire curse but that will help to make her a more dark and brooding character. Jubilee was always a spunky character but she has grown up over the years. She can't go from being a vampire to the normal cheerful kid we once knew. People like darker characters and seeing the innocent Jubilee struggle with dark urges will add some complexity to her character. There is hope for Jubilee. She won't have to stay locked up in the X-Men's basement forever. She just won't be the same as she was before. 
    No Caption Provided
    What's your theory on the fate of Jubilee? Do you think she'll stay a vampire or be completely cured someday?
    KHyde215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KHyde215

It would be interesting if she kept remnants of her vampire abilities that would but on more of an even level with wolverine

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hawk

Who the hell lets this shit happen.........I mean seriously this is what Marvel writers come up with? As a 20 year X-men fan, this could be one of the worst things I've ever seen written and I saw all the Space Travel crap that put out in the 80's. 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think she should stay a vampire. If Wolverine is immune to vampires she could just feed off him forever. So long as she doesn't go feeding on regular people it could work. Get some of those nanites they use on the Thunderbolts to control her impulses and feed her from donated blood.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

She's to far gone

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Emerald Dragonfly

Who cares? She is not important and not interesting. 
    And I haven't seen a good MARVEL story for years (except recent "The Patriot").  
    I even stopped to read MARVEL a month ago. I'm tired of that farce.

xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By xscarletkittie

They could always do something similar to what happened with Spitfire. Have her keep the vampiric abilities but reduce/get rid of any sort of weaknesses related to it. It could be done through a similar blood transfusion process or some kind of engineered cure like that thing that turned off the vampire virus in Wolverine.

Seems like the best choice. Definitely a little more interesting (if she is written correctly thereafter) than killing her off or completely curing her so she can be a powerless mutant again.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By IrishX

Never been a fan of Jubilee but making her a dark character would certainly make her more interesting.

HarlequinKiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By HarlequinKiss

I'm tired of vampires and zombies. Also tired of ninjas and pirates. Let's just have someone become kappa for once. Have super-heroes gone bad sucking peoples' intestines out from where the sun doesn't shine. You know... drama!

Oh god, please don't let it be Deadpool.

Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jubilantlad

Jubilee is my all-time favourite character, so hopefully they don't screw her up.

gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gordocomics

of course she will change back...nobody in comics is anything (dead, sick, vampire...d, etc) forever.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By maxicere

I hope NO !! We've a young sexy mutant like X-23, don't need a silly girl like Jubilee

Havok80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Havok80

Uhh who cares... I didn't miss her at all! Send her back to where ever she was hiding ! Or Stake her A**!

Woodclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Woodclaw

Honestly I think that making Jubes a vampire is one of the worst ideas in the recent handling of the X-Men. I mean, her basic characterization was to be a positive, easy-going girl who kept Logan on the right side of mental sanity. Unless the current creative team come out with a masterwork solution, I think that making her a vampire will simply screw the character to a new level of boredom (given that Generation X already did so)

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By EdwardWindsor

wait till  they get my main man Elixir on the job he will sort her out

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Mercury

They screwed Jubilee's character up and this is there way of fixing it, I don't know. Marvel is terrible nowadays. I started off with Marvel then went DC because I was always scratching my head at the comics after I read them.  

Don't hate Jubilee, hate her terrible writers!

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

where is X-Man, Elektra etc those summer teasers were phony...

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alaric

Keep her in the basement with all the other crap characters.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mutant God

Kill the vampire
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

#19  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Whoa, when did Jubilee turned into a vampire?? Last I heard, she didn't have any powers. I'm still catching up with my X-men, but WTH did Marvel do to her??

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

sounds like if they can do anything she will keep her abilities but get rid of the hunger. I'm curious (correct me if im wrong since i havent read that arc) if she will be able to go out in to the sun again. 

She will be more like Blade i think
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I dont mind it, im a huge x-men fan and they werre the first comics i got into. I think if she stays this way, its gonna be sort of her way of getting "powers back" maybe to go and fight on the team again.
    umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#22  Edited By umbrafeline

i like jubilee as a vampire, shes more sexier than she was before :-P the writers could pull off a morbius-like situation where he feeds off the plasma of bad guys
    Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thecheckeredman

Does her skin sparkle in the daylight? 

If so just put her and us out of our misery.  I'm surprised MARVEL hasn't had a Twilight/X-Men crossover yet.

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HumanTorch101

I want Jubilee to die because she is one of the worst characters ever.  Even if she has had good storylines in the comics, that does not forgive the abomination that she was in the 90s animated series.  Hopefully, the writers will rectify the mistakes made in the 90s and get rid of her.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sparty-dbq

I don't really give a rat's ass what they do with Jubilee.  I've never really cared for her.  All I've ever really known her as is the annoying girl from the cartoon.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By TypingKira
    @Hawk: I think that's a little bit of an unfair statement. . . nothing is worse than space travel. But anyway, lots of people LOVE vampire stories and I think this was a good way to bring in different kinds of readers. Not everyone wants to read about the usual stuff and it'll be over quickly. Just let this pass and have fun with the Fear event when it comes. 
    Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thecheckeredman
    @sparty-dbq said:
    " I don't really give a rat's ass what they do with Jubilee.  I've never really cared for her.  All I've ever really known her as is the annoying girl from the cartoon. "
    Yeah, since when has Jubilee been beloved?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By InnerVenom123

Why is blade white there????

antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By antiterra

Save her, don't save her... just do something with her. Back when she had her powers, she was good for little except "who sucks the most, Dazzler or Jubilee?" discussions. In New Warriors, I just wanted to smack her. She was mildly interesting when she started moving closer to the X-Men again (around Nation X), but now, the vampire twist smacks more of lazy stunt writing than a brilliant, long-term plan for the character.

We had one of the most powerful mutants doing nothing but throw fireworks around. We now have a Twilight reject. Yay.

The writers should look at Dani Moonstar for a shining example of how to deal with a depowered mutant. From M-day to her deal with Hela, she was a consistently interesting character even without powers.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @thecheckeredman said:
    "Does her skin sparkle in the daylight?  If so just put her and us out of our misery.  I'm surprised MARVEL hasn't had a Twilight/X-Men crossover yet. "

This.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @IrishX said:
    " Never been a fan of Jubilee but making her a dark character would certainly make her more interesting. "
    Yea I liked her in TAS but how long could they have kept her young and spunky, I'm ready for a darker jubilee 
    It'll help her relationship with wolverine grow since he can help her through her darker impulses 
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuddyBulson

I think Jubes is finally being written how she should have been, she is supposed to be darker then Pixie at times. Her parents got killed, and she even got the face the man who did it. Yet she did nothing. Id like her to meet him again now she is on the dark side.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By leokearon

It is sad to think this is the fist bit of development Jubs has got in years
    jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jubilee042

bring her back she is one of my fav iI WANT HER BACK

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jubilee042

bring her back she is one of my fav iI WANT HER BACK

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By difficlus
    @jubilee042 said:

" bring her back she is one of my fav iI WANT HER BACK "

second that... 

@Mutant God said:
    " Kill the vampire "
    @Alaric said:
    " Keep her in the basement with all the other crap characters. "
    come on guys...
    coslopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By coslopis

pAuse!!!!!!! she lost her powers 
    Then in some random update comics she has her powers still 
    And now shes a vamp. 

Im so confused about one of my favorite x-men :

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By J1ml33

joe quasada how can you sleep at night ( why let this happen ) she was my favorite too you know .
    not even grant morrison would even do a thing like this . damn you mainstream marvel writers 
    for ruining perfectly well rounded and interesting classic characters . this almost makes me want to put a wooden stake in my own heart too bad you writers already did that for me ..
    it was better when Grant Morrison was writing New X-Men (things evolved ,mutants got better ,the world was brighter and weirder and I love every second of it and now you ruined it you bastards ) 
    damn you all to hell ! ( if only I could put a cures on them :the x-men writing and editorial staff !) 
    we have too many vampires running around as it is we do not need any more ! (stop the horror marvel ,stop it now and make it like the way things were )I know the 90s was the best time but damn it it was a great time to read marvel comics now its just depressing and un inspiring  to 
    no one but the fan boys and not the true fans and admirers of the concept . until thing work out 
    I will try to make mine marvel without all the bull s#@! , and ask yourself this when does art become meaningless and the almighty sales revenue become king ...? who watches the watchmen ?

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CellphoneGirl

It'd be stupid of Marvel to kill her off, so they'll probably find someway to help her.

manofsteel42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By manofsteel42

I never had the Hots for Jubs but now that she looks like this

Shes pretty Freakin Hot! I say let her stay a hot vamp...or we can all be amatures and kill her ;'-(

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

#41  Edited By MrMazz

Marvel will find some way to save her your dont bring her back and change her to just kill her off. If anything that would make her interesting 

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#42  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @manofsteel42: Here's a full body shot for you to enjoy. 

No Caption Provided
    spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By spiderguylll
    @Mutant God said:
    " Kill the vampire "
    Keeping her around is asking for more vampire
    Avatar image for top_flight_security
    Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Jubilantlad said:
    "

Jubilee is my all-time favourite character, so hopefully they don't screw her up.

"
    I think the writers already screwed her up when they took her powers after M-Day. I guess since she is a fan favorite (I've always liked her character) they feel like they have to do something for her to keep her around. She'll probably keep her vampire powers for awhile. Then she'll become another Wolverine-esk clone. 
    Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

O sweet another grimdark character, guess they booted X-23 to replace her with new Jubilee

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spiderguylll

as long as Cyclops is okay they should stake the girl

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Sojourn_
    @Mr. Mercury said:
    " They screwed Jubilee's character up and this is there way of fixing it, I don't know. Marvel is terrible nowadays. I started off with Marvel then went DC because I was always scratching my head at the comics after I read them.    Don't hate Jubilee, hate her terrible writers! "
    Truth... I think Jubilee would be sooo much better off, getting a decent writer, with her own mini-series...
    Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#48  Edited By The Impersonator

There is a word called change. Fans should at least accept changes around the characters. That's how they grow and learn. It happens in reality and it also happens in stories. They can't expect the same thing again. I don't have a problem with Jubliee being turned into a vampire. She is not a mutant anymore unless there is some way to bring her power back. Terrigen Mists can give Jubliee's powers back. Just like Quicksilver's superspeed in Son Of M mini. Plus, Jubliee was the one who saved and fought alongside the X-Men. Now it's time for them to save her. 

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#49  Edited By Omertalvendetta

Some people cannot accept change.... I personally think this is the best thing that could've ever happened to Jubilee.  At least she's getting some exposure.  She could literally have been written off completely since she was depowered.  All I'm saying is, it's like liking a favorite band.  If you really, really like the character (or band), you follow them to the end, no matter how atrocious what they've done to them gets.  

Avatar image for comicbikerscott
    comicbikerscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By comicbikerscott

i love jubs she was my first comic crush i'm still a big fan of the x-men

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.