Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3018 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Jubilee's Potential

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

Its me again but hey

I think that Jubilee possibly an Omega. Now dont get to shocked, but think about it when you are able to destroy sub-atomic particle you can really do some damage to just about everything in the world.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Slight says:

"Its me again but hey I think that Jubilee possibly an Omega. Now dont get to shocked, but think about it when you are able to destroy sub-atomic particle you can really do some damage to just about everything in the world."
    Don't worry, I'm not shocked. LOL In fact, I actually agree with you to an extent(although I still don't give that much credit to the Omega title, rather the power of the actual mutant). She's basically a living bomb. But, until she gets her powers back, we will never know.
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

According to a Marvel official Wiki site she is an omega level mutant but because of M-Day, she is just an ordinary flatscan.

Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jaadu

yeah i think she never has used her power to her full potential! And she still needs to like get more used to her powers! i swear she could be a very powerful mutant if she really used her full capacity!

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By HellionVulcan

She was an alpha level at best i think until she like iceman explore what she can do .. .come on marvel give her back her powers lol .. .

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jubes was potentially Omega level...she doesn't have powers anymore though so....

Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jaadu
    Vance Astro said:
    "Jubes was potentially Omega level...she doesn't have powers anymore though so...."
    She will get it back EVENTUALLY! if she dosen't i WILLLL be so f---ing maddddddd!

i really hope she comes back to x-men!!!!!!!!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Jaadu said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Jubes was potentially Omega level...she doesn't have powers anymore though so...."
    She will get it back EVENTUALLY! if she dosen't i WILLLL be so f---ing maddddddd!

i really hope she comes back to x-men!!!!!!!!"
    She probably won't but I still like her.
    Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jaadu
    Vance Astro said:
    "Jaadu said:
    "Vance Astro said:

i really hope she comes back to x-men!!!!!!!!"
    She probably won't but I still like her."
    NO me gusta :( tear

i just have to hope i guess..... I dont know i wish she atleast retuned to the mainstream x-men titles,with or without powers!
    Megalictis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Megalictis

Jubilee was not an Omega level mutant, just potentially very, very powerful.  Omega level means able to survive the destruction of ones physical body, like Iceman or Quentin Quire.  Jubilee's stated potential to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level would make her dangerous in a way few mutants could match.  Nuclear weapons "merely" detonate matter at the atomic level - blasting atoms into their constituent sub-atomic particles (e.g. protons, neutrons and electrons) with a vast release of energy.  "sub-atomic" detonation is something that has never occurred in the real world -  blowing-up protons and neutrons into their constituent fundamental particles (quarks and gluons).  Because her power effects matter at the sub-atomic level there should be no substance (except perhaps something mystical) that is immune to her power - there is no difference between the sub-atomic paritcles that make-up oxygen and adamantium for example.  Because her power causes nothing but instanteneous destruction at it's full potential the Marvel universe is very lucky that Jubilee is one of the good guys, and has never tested it's full extent.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11  Edited By Meteorite
    Megalictis said:
    "Jubilee was not an Omega level mutant, just potentially very, very powerful.  Omega level means able to survive the destruction of ones physical body, like Iceman or Quentin Quire.  Jubilee's stated potential to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level would make her dangerous in a way few mutants could match.  Nuclear weapons "merely" detonate matter at the atomic level - blasting atoms into their constituent sub-atomic particles (e.g. protons, neutrons and electrons) with a vast release of energy.  "sub-atomic" detonation is something that has never occurred in the real world -  blowing-up protons and neutrons into their constituent fundamental particles (quarks and gluons).  Because her power effects matter at the sub-atomic level there should be no substance (except perhaps something mystical) that is immune to her power - there is no difference between the sub-atomic paritcles that make-up oxygen and adamantium for example.  Because her power causes nothing but instanteneous destruction at it's full potential the Marvel universe is very lucky that Jubilee is one of the good guys, and has never tested it's full extent."
    Very technical there
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Erik
    Megalictis said:
    "Jubilee was not an Omega level mutant, just potentially very, very powerful.  Omega level means able to survive the destruction of ones physical body, like Iceman or Quentin Quire.  Jubilee's stated potential to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level would make her dangerous in a way few mutants could match.  Nuclear weapons "merely" detonate matter at the atomic level - blasting atoms into their constituent sub-atomic particles (e.g. protons, neutrons and electrons) with a vast release of energy.  "sub-atomic" detonation is something that has never occurred in the real world -  blowing-up protons and neutrons into their constituent fundamental particles (quarks and gluons).  Because her power effects matter at the sub-atomic level there should be no substance (except perhaps something mystical) that is immune to her power - there is no difference between the sub-atomic paritcles that make-up oxygen and adamantium for example.  Because her power causes nothing but instanteneous destruction at it's full potential the Marvel universe is very lucky that Jubilee is one of the good guys, and has never tested it's full extent."
    That is not true. Omega means unlimited potential with ones' powers.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    erik said:
    "Megalictis said:
    That is not true. Omega means unlimited potential with ones' powers."
    Agreed.I don't know where he got that.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized

In generation X, it said her and Synch, were potentially 2 of the most powerful mutants

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    pixelized said:
    "In generation X, it said her and Synch, were potentially 2 of the most powerful mutants"
    Yea..there are alot of potential Omegas.I don't know why they don't just classify them all.
    Avatar image for xxxextinctionxxx
    XXXExtinctionXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XXXExtinctionXXX

I love the fact that it's hidden in Jubilee. Look at what the girl has done with it being hidden. Not to many 14 year olds can take on Sabertooth and literally walk all over him.  Jubilee willingness to hold back is who she is butonce she gets her powers bck she might hunger for more.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By castleking

isnt she hurt or something  would she even b the same?

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    I don't like the new Jubilee. She was about eighteen, then she is brought back and now she looks like she is in her twenties.

Characters don't age that quickly. She should just be reveled as a Skrull and the original can be brought back.

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Suigetsu
    Cezar_TheScribe said:
    "
    I don't like the new Jubilee. She was about eighteen, then she is brought back and now she looks like she is in her twenties.

Characters don't age that quickly. She should just be reveled as a Skrull and the original can be brought back.

"
    I agree! completely!

Send that idea to marvel! I will do the same.
    Dementia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By Dementia5
    Suigetsu said:
    "Cezar_TheScribe said:
    "

"
    I agree! completely!

Send that idea to marvel! I will do the same."
    As sad as it may seem, every character has to grow up at some point, and Marvel realizes this. They matured Kitty Pryde, and they'll do the same to Jubes. It's not all bad, though. I find her new grown-up attitude to be really intriguing.

Point is, she can't stay a kid forever. Plus, if she's repowered, being closer to adulthood may spur an increase in her power level. Hopefully.
    Creshosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Creshosk
    Megalictis said:

I'd like to point out that when it talked about Jubilee's power to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level it did not say "potential".

"If I understand your mutant abilities correctly, Everett... You must see Jubilee through my eyes to access her abilities with your own powers-- --and use her powers in ways she has been affraid to! In short, by detonating the very matter with which these techno-organic beings are composed of on a sub-atomic level!!" ~ Emma Frost, X-Men vol. 2 issue #36.

It wasn't her potential to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level. That was what she could already do. She was just affraid to since blowing up the Mandarin's mansion back in uncanny X-Men #258
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Dementia5 said:
    "Suigetsu said:
    "Cezar_TheScribe said:
    "

"
    I agree! completely!

Send that idea to marvel! I will do the same."
    As sad as it may seem, every character has to grow up at some point, and Marvel realizes this. They matured Kitty Pryde, and they DID the same to Jubes. It's not all bad, though. I find her new grown-up attitude to be really intriguing.

Point is, she can't stay a kid forever. Plus, if she's repowered, being closer to adulthood may spur an increase in her power level. Hopefully."
    Fixed.
    Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Strafe Prower

I wish they would repower her.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Calvin

What about some scans to prove the Omega Theory?

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tevnoba

Remember being classified as an Omega Level Mutant is not about what you do, but what you are capable of.  Jubilee was (until m-day) an Omega Level Mutant.  I don't remember which comic, but a long time ago Professor X was talking with someone about Jubilee and Professor X said she scares him more that Bobby (Iceman), and Xavier has known from the beginning what Bobby's potential was.

Creshosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Creshosk
    Tevnoba said:
    "Remember being classified as an Omega Level Mutant is not about what you do, but what you are capable of.  Jubilee was (until m-day) an Omega Level Mutant.  I don't remember which comic, but a long time ago Professor X was talking with someone about Jubilee and Professor X said she scares him more that Bobby (Iceman), and Xavier has known from the beginning what Bobby's potential was.
    "

Do you remember anything else that was going on in the issue?
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By Zoom

Not everybody gets to be an omega level mutant.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strafe Prower
    Zoom said:
    "Not everybody gets to be an omega level mutant."

Thats why Beast, Wolverine, Kitty Pyrde, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, and many many others aren't.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Strafe Prower said:
    "Zoom said:

Thats why Beast, Wolverine, Kitty Pyrde, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, and many many others aren't."
    No..that's not why they aren't.They aren't because they don't have Omega potential and they aren't written that way.Beast couldn't be Omega if his powers fully evolved and neither could half the people you named.They just don't have the type of powers that could co that far.
    Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strafe Prower
    Vance Astro said:
    "Strafe Prower said:
    "Zoom said:

Thats why Beast, Wolverine, Kitty Pyrde, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Gambit, and many many others aren't."
    No..that's not why they aren't.They aren't because they don't have Omega potential and they aren't written that way.Beast couldn't be Omega if his powers fully evolved and neither could half the people you named.They just don't have the type of powers that could co that far.
    "

You just like to argue don't you? I wasn't really talking to you, and don't want to debate against something i know, i was just making an observation.

By the way, Gambit definately could if he could look at things and make them explode again.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Strafe Prower said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Strafe Prower said:
    "Zoom said:

"

You just like to argue don't you? I wasn't really talking to you, and don't want to debate against something i know, i was just making an observation.

By the way, Gambit definately could if he could look at things and make them explode again. "
    It doesn't matter whether you were talking to me or not.

"Everything posted in the forums is up for discussion and criticism."

-Methos
    Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strafe Prower
    Vance Astro said:
    "Strafe Prower said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Strafe Prower said:
    "Zoom said:

"

By the way, Gambit definately could if he could look at things and make them explode again. "
    It doesn't matter whether you were talking to me or not.

"Everything posted in the forums is up for discussion and criticism."

-Methos
    "

I know that, it's just pointless to jump in to someones convo. I was just making an observation, nothing more, nothing less.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Strafe Prower said:
    I know that, it's just pointless to jump in to someones convo. I was just making an observation, nothing more, nothing less."
    Obviously you still don't get it.If you don't want to respond to what I am saying..next time just say that instead of acting like there is something wrong with me for responding to something you said in a thread.Because we all know responding to things in threads is forbidden (rollseyes).
    blazeablaze08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blazeablaze08

I think Jubilee like all the Marvel characters can be as good as the writers want them to be. Jubilee can be a beast if she got her powers back especially since she matured and got experience as a leader. If the writers want her to get her powers back they'll give them to her. I'm kinda thinking there trying to get rid of some mutants from the Marvel Universe the depowered ones from M-Day in general. I'm scared they're gonna get rid of her from the Universe by killing her off of just letting her fade off .

When Kitty Pryde first came out her powers were so lame phasing through things, then they turned her into a killing machine. They made her powers more offensive than always defensive. She can know  Phase through people explodong them, ripping out peoples hearts, Phase people and objects with her, phase in through air, taught her martial arts(bunch of styles) etc. It's just that the writers seemed to forget about Jubilee when Kitty came back from her adventure by herself. Like Jubilee was a there until Kitty came back. Then when she came back they sent her to Generation X and then when they broke up they rejected her from joining the X Men saying she need to take a "mental break" and from there it went downhill.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By _Sojourn_

you know what, I completly agree...

strongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By strongman
    @Slight:
    well she is strong especially because she can absorb plasma without hurting herself so anyone with plasma abilities like havok would be essentially powerless
    Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr. Mercury
    @blazeablaze08: It is all up to the writers
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@Slight: Does she even come CLOSE to measuring up against other Omega-levels, like Nate Grey or Elixir? No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.