Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3019 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Jubilee with the x-men again.... Please.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I don't see why she joins the x-men or at least move back in with them. Like Prodigy doesn't even have powers anymore right? and all those Russian Prostitutes that Colossus found and rescued are living there right?

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By John_Feaster

For that matter, why hasn't she -depowered or not - shown up to help durring the whole Utopia situation? She still has her strength-enhancing equipment she used as Wondra.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pixelized

isn't she Missing in action at the moment anyway?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

I thought she walked away from the New Warriors peacefully... or has she appeared in something else since??

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

I'd actually love to see Jubilation bumping into Daken sometime, and those two hook-up. Wouldn't Daddy be pissed to see his surrogate Daughter involved with his evil Son?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

That's just wrong.  Nobody who likes a character would want them to be involved with Daken.  He uses people, no matter whether they're man or woman.  To him sex is a weapon to manipulate people.

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Don't get me wrong, I love Jubilee. I think it would be interesting, since she's obviously got feelings for Wolverine (like a Father), to see her maybe try to redeem Daken like a lot of women do to "bad boys". Whether it works or not, hey, I bet it would make a great story!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

Jubilee is a strong character and has been in the line of danger too many times for a girl of her age.  Why would someone who has fought off the Phalanx, Bastion and been crucified by the Church of Humanity be attracted to "Bad Boy" types...?

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost

I agree with you guys

Jubilee and Daken  (:

also, GIVE JUBILEE HER POWERS BACK! DAMN MARVEL.

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dex

Blah Jubilee can stay gone I think they should get shadowcat off that bullet in space

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SUNMAN
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Jubilee is a strong character and has been in the line of danger too many times for a girl of her age.  Why would someone who has fought off the Phalanx, Bastion and been crucified by the Church of Humanity be attracted to "Bad Boy" types...? "
    he could manipulate her with his pheromones just like he did with Bullseye or the thing
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

No.  Just no.  She's better off in comic limbo or even being killed off than being dragged into some trite plot with Daken.  He's the son of Wolverine, so how do they make him different?  They give him a claw that comes out of his inner wrist, and pheromones?  Lame.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @AngelFrost:
    I actually thought that Jubilee looks a lot cuter in her Wondra outfit. She suffered from being the stereotypical mall rat girl, but those really went out of fashion in the mid '90s. I like how they just got rid of the short hair and have her hair style more of an Asian feel. They seemed to want to mature her character, but keep the same look. How many people do you know keep the same fashion from high school to adult hood?
    Maybe once the whole Decimation  event is eventually reversed they will have enough reason to re-imagine her character.

I always felt though that her powers were a bit too similar to Dazzler. You'd think Jubilee should be stronger. Just a lack of imagination when it comes to her powers.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I think Marvel should have Wiccan give all the mutants their powers back, since he has his mother's powers..

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    No Caption Provided
    I like this incarnation of Jubilee.
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

I think Daken is a BIT more different than Wolverine than just a different claw and his pheromone powers, but it's cool if you don't like the character. I understand. A LOT of people don't. I just think, you know, out of I'm sure the thousands of ideas currently in the pot for Jubilee's much-anticipated return, pairing her with a currently-topical, if not popular character who she has logical ties to probably isn't the worst one around.

That's all I'm saying. Bad idea, good idea, it's an idea...

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngelFrost
    @FoxxFireArt:  Yeah, I love her new look and she definately looks more asian.

and I think her powers are very unique, everyone loves fireworks and she kicked ass with her powers and she loved using them. Dazzler could do lots more things with her powers but apart from the colours, they're powers are completely different.

I'd compare Dazzler and Dagger if anything,  with the light projection and their entire look.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Cezar_TheScribe said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    I like this incarnation of Jubilee. "
    House of M, when she was best friends with Dust & they were both air-headed mallrats?  It didn't really push Jubilee's character and was sadly the last time she got to use her powers :(

I always saw the similarity between Boom Boom & Jubilee.  Similar powers & personalities.  Which rubbed Boom Boom up the wrong way during the X-Tinction Agenda, since she was powerless & Jubes was left to defend her & Rictor.

No Caption Provided

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Hehheh...looking at that panel, watching Jubilee flirt with Rictor as he rolls his eyes...that just becomes so much more of a story now, doesn't it?

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    @xerox-kitty: "
    House of M, when she was best friends with Dust & they were both air-headed mallrats?  It didn't really push Jubilee's character and was sadly the last time she got to use her powers :("

I like her look.  They can give her a better attitude and her powers back. ;)
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I wonder if that would happen to Dust though..

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @AngelFrost:
    I thought it was an improvement, because they finally got rid of her valley girl appearance. No one last that anymore.
    SFX87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SFX87

i love Jubilee i think she should get her powers back

No Caption Provided

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John_Feaster

They let Dani Moonstar back without her powers, and Jubilee's got hightech devices now from her time with the New Warriors (as Wondra) so she should have been included in the Utopia series. With luck, she'll show up soon. But...she deserves to have her powers back. How is it that someone as lame as Boom Boom gets to keep hers, and Jubes gets the shaft?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    They let Dani Moonstar back without her powers, and Jubilee's got hightech devices now from her time with the New Warriors (as Wondra) so she should have been included in the Utopia series. With luck, she'll show up soon. But...she deserves to have her powers back. How is it that someone as lame as Boom Boom gets to keep hers, and Jubes gets the shaft? "
    Jubilee will show up again because she's a popular character.  

And Boom-Boom... "lame"?  Oh no you didn't...!!
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John_Feaster
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @John_Feaster said:
    "    They let Dani Moonstar back without her powers, and Jubilee's got hightech devices now from her time with the New Warriors (as Wondra) so she should have been included in the Utopia series. With luck, she'll show up soon. But...she deserves to have her powers back. How is it that someone as lame as Boom Boom gets to keep hers, and Jubes gets the shaft? "

"

Sorry if Boom Boom is a favorite of yours, but I miss Jubilee more. I will say that it's mostly frustration with the whole M-Day event...and the fact that I was kinda hoping that San Francisco would turn out to be a safe place for the mutants...and basic disgust with how stupid the whole Dark Reign thing is working out. Honestly, a different gang of OBVIOUS supervillains is going to replace each Iniative team? Are the people of the Marvel Univers supposed to be THAT stupid that they aren't rioting in the streets over this?  

Sigh...it's just so...disapointing.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Ryonslaught

Man jubilee was ok back in the 90's and in gen-x but after chuck austin's run on x-men she just got....boring......frankly losing her powers for me was a breath of fresh air and i hope she turns up as wondra with that attitude to assist or re join the x-men. Her new Mo would be an interesting mix with the rest of her "old" temmates 

on another note why not have a limited series or ongoing called "generation x" or "generation m" and take the surviving gen x members and have a team book? Jubille is now Wondra, husk still has her powers, m is hapily with x-factor (and should remain there simply beause hse's being beautifully written), Chamber is now decibel (with unspecified new apocalypse powers) and his tech powers.......throw in Blackwing, Tempest maybe Hellion, prodigy (form new x-men) and Marrow (cause i love her and every team needs a b!tch.....hmmm even the M twins and it could breath new life into her and everybody else.....
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xerox_kitty

Calling a new limited series Generation M would insinuate that it's connected to Sally Floyd's story in the original Generation M.  And to be honest, I'm not sure a bunch of depowered mutants would be right for a new Generation X title.  Besides, Decibel & Wondra were recently seen in the short-lived New Warriors. 

As for Hellion, it's been announced that he will feature in Rogue's training team in X-Men: Legacy. 
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ryonslaught

I know all that Xerox.........but after NW ended all those characters are back in limbo not to mention NW started out good but crashed and burned in the middle....it was tragic to read and look at actually.......Hellion has not been interesting since kyle and yost stopped wrting him, fraction has turned him into an idiot and yeah Gen-M as a name would not just "insinuate it's connected to Sally Floyd's story in the original"    same name sure but that's what those characters that are depowered are the "Generation-M of Mutants" besides do we need to go on? NW the last series had nothing to do with the originals......not even 1 original member showed up! sure you thought of the original series and characters but it was just a depwered mutant book....which was a complete 180 from what NW is really about........anyway....whatever......
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xerox_kitty

If it didn't work in an on-going series, then Marvel aren't going to throw more money at that combination of characters.   

You don't have to be so defensive.  The name Generation M has lots of implications.  Sally Floyd's articles about depowered mutants, her own baby daughter, and the ramifications of House of M.  The M in House of M and Son of M didn't stand for Mutant, it stood for Magneto.   

And what have the original New Warriors got to do with it?  They didn't appear in the start of that series because Marvel didn't want them in it.  They appeared later due to popular demand.   

If you want Jubilee back, that's fine.  But you'll just have to wait.  She's so popular that she will return.  Although it's unlikely that it would be in a New Warriors version II volume II with characters who are already slated to appear in other on-going titles.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ryonslaught

lol 
    true ................and sorry if i came off defensive.....
    jakei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jakei
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @John_Feaster said:

"

YOU GO GIRL ! Lol.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @jakeeboi13: LOL! 

Well, Jubilee fans should rejoice.  Not only is she in the next issue of Nation X, but she'll be in the X-23 one-shot too :)
    Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Mr. Mercury

I wonder what they are going to do with her in the upcoming series.

nicknicholby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nicknicholby

trolling the jubilee posts i see

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mr. Mercury
    @nicknicholby: wow. you took our disagreement to heart. not trolling just posting on the jubilee thread.
    nicknicholby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nicknicholby

nope just looking at the threads

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mr. Mercury
    @nicknicholby: but since I'm on her thread on trolling? I can say your stalking but I don't give a F@ck....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.