Jubilee is cured?

#1 Posted by Teerack (5876 posts) - - Show Bio

In the cover of X-Men 1 (The book should be named X-Woman imo) You can clearly see her using her powers.

That shouldn't be possible if she's still a Vampire, so maybe the Phoenix cured her when it restarted the x-gene?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna know how?

#3 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope so

#4 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

That would rock so much...

#5 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like her powers are back based on that cover. And I disagree about calling the book X-Women. They are all X-Men. If we were to follow that line of thinking, then X-Men should be called X-People.

#6 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic cover o-o

#7 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Looks like her powers are back based on that cover. And I disagree about calling the book X-Women. They are all X-Men. If we were to follow that line of thinking, then X-Men should be called X-People.

Brian Wood agrees with you.

#8 Posted by Teerack (5876 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I don't see the problem honestly. I mean when it comes to female Cops or Firefrighters we don't call them Firemen or Policemen we call them Firewomen and Polincewomen. I mean you're right the most politically correct way would be X-People but being politically correct is just catering to stupid people.

#9 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

@lykopis said:

I now love Brian Wood.

@Teerack said:

@lykopis: I don't see the problem honestly. I mean when it comes to female Cops or Firefrighters we don't call them Firemen or Policemen we call them Firewomen and Polincewomen. I mean you're right the most politically correct way would be X-People but being politically correct is just catering to stupid people.

Actually, we call them Firefighters and Police Officers in my country.

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

@lykopis said:

I Love this guy.

#11 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: @Blood1991: I've been doing some reading and research on him and stuff...and even if I'm not overly familiar with his writing, based on a couple quotes alone I have faith.

He has a tumblr btw.

“There’s too much cheesecake out there that is sold, or at least marketed, as a “strong female” character or book when its anything but, and it just reinforces the worst opinions of the most sexist fans, and we gain no new ground. We probably lose ground. I’m not approaching this new X-Men as a “female book”, but I’m writing it as a high action X-Men comic, and with some luck that will nullify some of these poisonous critics who go looking for something to feel angry/uncomfortable/threatened by.”

Aaaand these are his responses on CBR as to why the book isn't called X-Women.

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (57969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall:

Let's just say he really knows how to write females by looking at his previous work.
To quote the guy:

“I approach the page with the belief that as people, we all have universal reactions on a basic level to things and that’s where the truth lies, where primal human emotions can be found. With that as a foundation, you can tweak the details according to character and gender and personality. So what you get here, if done well, is a very relatable character that should transcend gender lines and have mass appeal. When you approach the page with the thought, ‘Okay, so what should this woman do now,’ you start off from a place of stereotype and bad writing, and there’s no fixing it because that is now your foundation. It’s not complicated, but it does require the writer to see the characters as people first and sex later.”

BB

#13 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I'm a little ashamed to say I haven't read much of his past work, if any.

And just posted that interview ;) On that interview and his responses to people saying this book should be called X-Women, I'm sold on him.

#14 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: @Ellie_Knightfall: @Billy Batson:

Officially in love now. Seriously. Brian Wood has sky-rocketed in my eyes -- really expecting big things from him, I absolutely adore his approach. It's a no brainer and yet, there he is, having to explain it to fans.

Bravo, Mr. Wood.

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (57969 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall:

If you want to know how he writes women before reading his X-Men, you should read his Local (which I've recommended to you before). Excellent book.

@lykopis:

The same applies to you too :p
BB

#16 Posted by Teerack (5876 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: So.... you didn't realize he wrote women good until he explained it? :P

I wonder if Jubilee could possibly be a mutant and vampire now. I mean it could have something to do with the forgiven teaching her all their vampire tricks. I really hope not.

#17 Posted by Intensity (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee is actually still a vampire, according to Brian Wood. An editor at Marvel gave him a suggestion on how to write her... not as Vampire Jubilee, but Jubilee with a set of vampire-like powers. He wants her to still be the same Jubilee we know and love... and the vampire abilities are an addition to that, not a hindrance. He also said that Marvel mandated every main character in the book- so it is their idea to currently have her as the main character, as well as a vampire still.

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall: The guy is fantastic, and I do follow him on Tumblr and Twitter ^_^

#19 Posted by Joygirl (19522 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

This.

Also I hope she somehow has her powers and is a vampire at the same time.

#20 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

How I missed this book I don't know. Local is right up my alley. Thanks for the tip!

@Teerack said:

@lykopis: So.... you didn't realize he wrote women good until he explained it? :P

lol --- k, I deserved that. ;)

@Intensity said:

Jubilee is actually still a vampire, according to Brian Wood. An editor at Marvel gave him a suggestion on how to write her... not as Vampire Jubilee, but Jubilee with a set of vampire-like powers. He wants her to still be the same Jubilee we know and love... and the vampire abilities are an addition to that, not a hindrance. He also said that Marvel mandated every main character in the book- so it is their idea to currently have her as the main character, as well as a vampire still.

That's good news! I would have been fine with Jubilee reverting back to just her original power-set but getting to retain her vampire-abilities should be interesting. Thanks for the info.

@Joygirl said:

I hope she somehow has her powers and is a vampire at the same time.

Looks like she will be. I like that idea.

#21 Posted by Joygirl (19522 posts) - - Show Bio

So far it sounds like this title is going to fulfill all of my hopes and dreams.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think her powers are back. I think that's just creative liberty. I think she's still a Vampire.

#23 Posted by Ms. Omega (4450 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Billy Batson:

How I missed this book I don't know. Local is right up my alley. Thanks for the tip!

@Teerack said:

lol --- k, I deserved that. ;)

@Intensity said:

That's good news! I would have been fine with Jubilee reverting back to just her original power-set but getting to retain her vampire-abilities should be interesting. Thanks for the info.

@Joygirl said:

I hope she somehow has her powers and is a vampire at the same time.

Looks like she will be. I like that idea.

I kinda like Jubilee as a vampire.

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (57969 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

You better read it soon and then thank me :p
And convince DH to read it as well after that <___<
BB

#25 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people are so stupid, in what alternate reality do comic book covers tell you exactly what happens in the story (this being a variant cover, no less) ? Like someone posted above, it's creative liberty, and if you'd read any of BW's interviews, you'd know that she is still a Vampire. Just that he's not letting that define who she is, "think of her as a Mutant but with Vampire powers", he said.

#26 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting very interesting.

#27 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

YEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

#28 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing them give her all her powers back at once. So:

• Olympic-level gymnast
  • Mutant "fireworks" powers
  • Wolverine-trained ninja skills
  • "Wondra" tech-based powers
  • Vampire powers

There's no reason why Jubilee shouldn't be a super badass at this point.

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully she'll kill herself using her powers.

#30 Edited by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

And take you down with her, Dick.

#31 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

@John Valentine said:

Don't get upset now.

#32 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Shotgun said:

@John Valentine said:

Don't get upset now.

Too late (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.