Is There a Marvel Superhero who can cure Jubilee?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (16514 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just wondering cos i think Reed is intelligent enough to make Jubilee normal again. Or perhaps Dr Strange's mystical powers can stop it. Or maybe they can seek help from Dracula himself.

Can't Storm teach her how she stopped the curse herself?

Is there a Marvel superhero who can cure her?

#2 Edited by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Marvel scientist and sorcerers have all these ridiculous feats but they can't cure the stuff that seems elementary in comparison.I understand why that is but it doesn't make sense.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's drool cures Vampirism, but Storm's too much of a Goddess to drool.

#4 Posted by fesak (6983 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by SC (13409 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher. Bullets (made of garlic) cure everyone of the sickness that is life (or uhm, living death) 

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
The Punisher. Bullets (made of garlic) cure everyone of the sickness that is life (or uhm, living death) 
Death isn't a very good cure LOL.
#8 Posted by Lance Uppercut (22979 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35166 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (16514 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot. Reality Manipulators can, right? can they make the dead live again?

#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Elixir.

Yes! Is he still in a Coma?

#12 Posted by Kiddevil (7477 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: No, I think he got out of that coma now he has issues using his biological powers to heal people. :P
#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Jubilee has the same type of will-power that Storm has, then Storm can't do nothing.

#14 Posted by Ragnarök (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

Unless Jubilee has the same type of will-power that Storm has, then Storm can't do nothing.

Storm can't help her period...
#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24767 posts) - - Show Bio
this kid can alter realities and create whole universes I don't see why he couldn't cure a vampire
#16 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ragnarök: K.

#17 Posted by Ragnarök (174 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jubes isn't going to get her mutant powers back she should just be a Vampire. 

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58376 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade.
BB

#19 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think Storm was ever fully vampified. Think that Dracula still had to seal the deal and the X-Men, headed by Kitty, saved the day. Jubes was fully turned though. To cure her, Marvel will invent the Manpire, a vampire bitten by a man who has bitten by a vampire but then cured by a remorseful vegan vampire who had figured out a the cure but died before writing it down cos he was too weak with hunger. The Manpire will in turn bite Jubes thus curing her. It will kill him though, much like a bee upon using it's sting will then die. He sacrifices himself for Jubilee because he loves her. It's true. This will happen.

#20 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler: No, Storm was fully vampified and snapped herself out of it.

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm was only exposed to Dracula for a short amount of time. Jubilee has been a vampire for (continuity wise) at least a few months. Storm clearly wouldn't know how to cure herself of being a vampire after so long. It's not a matter of "Oh, you know what I didn't like being a vampire after a few months so I think I'll change myself back now". Storm was changed back to normal because the status quo of Uncanny X-Men wasn't going to be changed based on an annual's storyline. So it was simple PiS that dictated that Storm could change herself back, which in vampire lore has never been seen before or since.

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (16514 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

Storm was only exposed to Dracula for a short amount of time. Jubilee has been a vampire for (continuity wise) at least a few months. Storm clearly wouldn't know how to cure herself of being a vampire after so long. It's not a matter of "Oh, you know what I didn't like being a vampire after a few months so I think I'll change myself back now". Storm was changed back to normal because the status quo of Uncanny X-Men wasn't going to be changed based on an annual's storyline. So it was simple PiS that dictated that Storm could change herself back, which in vampire lore has never been seen before or since.

i see. cos i was thinking because of Storm's will , she can do things possible impossible like when she was turning into a brood, her will stopped it. and when she became a vampire, i thought it was still her indomitable will that stopped it. It is also my first time to know that a living human can be a vampire and will become a fully vampire once the person is truly dead. I'm confused about vampires now.

#23 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

so my guess is that the x-team will address this vampire thing by turning it into a small comic event were jubs leaves and team up with other vamps to do evil deeds or she turns on the x-team without help

#24 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

couldn't they just dump some necrosha stuff on her and than have elixir sort it out?

#25 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Ah, indeed! Just dug out my copy of Night Screams and she was chomped and vampified. My bad memory, I forgot!

#26 Posted by batkevin74 (11221 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch or Dr Doom could fix her but each have their own problems to deal with

Elixir might as could British mutant Alchmey if they worked in tandem as the changed her body chemistry

Or just be a damn vampire, hang out with Blade and do nocturnal stuff until vampires arn't flavour of the month THEN either die or get normal

#27 Posted by KDarkholme (334 posts) - - Show Bio

So she is still a vampire?

#28 Posted by TheReaper111 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

but wouldnt cureing a vampire leave her, you know, dead? they are the un-DEAD right?

#29 Posted by TheReaper111 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

besides acording to the x-23 issues jubes is back to her old personality so why not keep her a vamp?

#30 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- As soon as the Twilight-vampire craze cools off, some character will just happen to find the solution when it is convenient.

- I don't care if you have Hal Jordan level willpower, your not going to resist some kind of mystical change at the genetic level based on will, unless of course the writer wants you to.

#31 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Reality Warping would do it short of that nothing works.

#32 Posted by The Myth (546 posts) - - Show Bio

The blood of Immortalis has healing properties that can cure vampirism!

#33 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
Storm's drool cures Vampirism, but Storm's too much of a Goddess to drool.
Am I the only one who laughed at this?
#34 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

Lawd, poor Jubilee sure has been jerked around a lot hasn't she. Yeah, there's probably a few people that can cure here, but really it's the writers that need to

cure Jubilee.

Sort of OT, but if they're going to have a vampire mutant running around, I would love for them to cross Bloodstorm from Mutant X/Heralds over into 616. I know some people though she was cheesy, and how it might look or work having two Storms running around, but screw it, they did it with AoA characters, theres a few Wolverines and Hulks essentially, on and off Spider-Mans, ect, ect. so I don't see a solid enough reason why not.

#35 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Ah, indeed! Just dug out my copy of Night Screams and she was chomped and vampified. My bad memory, I forgot!

Just read the X-Men annual #6 (1982) where Storm faces off with Dracula again, and this story kind of explains things a bit more re: how Storm didn't become a vamp permanently. Dracula & Storm have a discussion where it is stated that he relinquished his vampiric control over Storm, with the implication that this was due to his admiration of her struggle against it. This was why she never became a vampire permanently. She didn't cleanse/cure herself of vampirism, Dracula simply let her go. In the story, he still shares a mental connection with her as well as a large degree of control, enough to summon her to him and get her to do his bidding. It's also stated that although Dracula allowed Storm to remain human, he planned to raise her from the dead as a vampire when she died. Basically, if he wished, Dracula could have turned her into back a vamp at any time, although it's implied that it would have been an energy draining task to do so due to her spirited nature and strong willpower. Storm didn't snap herself out of being a vampire or cure herself, she just put up enough of a courageous fight that Dracula let her go (perhaps also because she exhausted him too). Ultimately Storm is freed from Dracula's control after a spell is used to destroy him. His subsequent resurrection at some point before the Death of Dracula / Curse of the Mutants events seems not to have re-established this control over Storm, given his interaction with her.

#36 Posted by Ouija (350 posts) - - Show Bio

could scarlet witch? when she goes to fix the other mutants?

#37 Edited by MetallicMercury (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Since vampirism is technically an infection, could Josh Foley (Elixir) heal her? If he can cure the Legacy Virus, I can't see how that can be much more of a stretch.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35166 posts) - - Show Bio

Inject her with Spidermans blood

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
Then she'd be like Spider-Man.....
#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35166 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
Then she'd be like Spider-Man.....
well at least she wouldn't be a Vamp any more 
#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
Yea she would....she would just be Vamp Spider-Woman.
#42 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35166 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@spiderbat87 said:
In Blade #1 Spiderman was bit by a Vampire and just slept the affects off, Blade said the radiation in his blood kills the infection.
#43 Edited by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@spiderbat87 said:
In Blade #1 Spiderman was bit by a Vampire and just slept the affects off, Blade said the radiation in his blood kills the infection.
I wouldn't know. I don't read Blade. He sucks.Thanks for the info though.
#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35166 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@spiderbat87 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@spiderbat87 said:
I wouldn't know. I don't read Blade. He sucks.Thanks for the info though.
Yea it was a pretty poor run tbh (I was going to make a joke about vampires sucking but I thought better of it)
#45 Posted by KEROGA (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......ghost rider?

#46 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: There are tons of ways to cure her, but it wouldn`t make her story as interesting if Dr. Strange just cured her with a spell.

#47 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

I say stick with it.

I hate it when they make a major change to a character and then the next guy who comes along reverts it in a flash and acts like nothing ever happened. If they've changed Jubilee then they better deal with it.

So far I'm okay with how she's been depicted as a vamp, and I think the appeal of the mutant characters (at least, at first) was that their powers were both a blessing and a curse. With vamp powers and the torture of having to restrain her bloodlust, I think Jubilee gains that new dimension.

#48 Posted by kiss_lamia (1231 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lion_Heart22 said:

I say stick with it.

I hate it when they make a major change to a character and then the next guy who comes along reverts it in a flash and acts like nothing ever happened. If they've changed Jubilee then they better deal with it.

So far I'm okay with how she's been depicted as a vamp, and I think the appeal of the mutant characters (at least, at first) was that their powers were both a blessing and a curse. With vamp powers and the torture of having to restrain her bloodlust, I think Jubilee gains that new dimension.

THIS!
#49 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scarlet Witch can cure it like it's a simple fever.

#50 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

With the way her father (Victor Gischler)'s going she wont be reverted back ANY time soon, in fact she may well remain one forever. He's doing a good job with it and X-Men nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.