Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3018 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

How old is she now

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By daredevil21134

I haven't read X-men for awhile but she looks older in New Worriars
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PumpkinBomb

She was introduced in 1989 (21 years ago) at the age of thirteen. Marvel's sliding timescale began approximately 50 years ago and had given us 15 years of in-comic time. Assuming time passes at an approximately equal rate (3.3 years per Marvel year) , she's nineteen by now. 

I'm sure somebody can confirm or deny this with scans, though.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daredevil21134
    @PumpkinBomb:
    thanks
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @PumpkinBomb said:
    " She was introduced in 1989 (21 years ago) at the age of thirteen. Marvel's sliding timescale began approximately 50 years ago and had given us 15 years of in-comic time. Assuming time passes at an approximately equal rate (3.3 years per Marvel year) , she's nineteen by now.  I'm sure somebody can confirm or deny this with scans, though. "
    I'm inclined to agree with this; she looks to be around 19, the way she's drawn in the current X-Men series
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024
    @PumpkinBomb:  If that's true then that would mean that Spider-Man is 30  O_o
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @Gambit1024: 
    29 or 30. It makes a little more sense when you consider that Harry Osborn has an approximately-six-year-old son.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024
    @PumpkinBomb: True, lol. This is crazy. So that makes a good number of superheroes to be in their late 30's to mid 40's
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Jotham
    @PumpkinBomb said:
    " She was introduced in 1989 (21 years ago) at the age of thirteen. Marvel's sliding timescale began approximately 50 years ago and had given us 15 years of in-comic time. Assuming time passes at an approximately equal rate (3.3 years per Marvel year) , she's nineteen by now.  I'm sure somebody can confirm or deny this with scans, though. "
    Dang, that's pretty exact. Does everything in Marvel follow that timeline?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Jotham said:
    " @PumpkinBomb said:
    Dang, that's pretty exact. Does everything in Marvel follow that timeline? "
    Sadly no.  Some of the Power Pack kids have grown old enough to go to college, leaving home & get jobs... while Franklin Richards is still a prepubescent. 

But I'd agree with the idea of Jubilee being roughly 19.  That seems to match the age of the older New Mutants who have recently been depicted as 21 year old beer swilling air-heads.
    Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Intensity

I would agree that Jubilee is at least 19 years old, especially due to the experiences she has gone through and the jobs she has had. 

Field Leader of New Warriors 
    Helped run an ex-mutant clinic 
    Worked for an online political campaign 
    Lived by herself without any adult supervision or support 
    Went to Polaris' bachelorette party while staying at the X-Mansion 
    Can drive a car without an adult accompanying her 
    Suggested having a keg party as a Generation X alumni reunion 
    Was an actress, again, without any adult consent 

However... the people in charge over at Marvel Comics mandated to Kathryn Immonen (who is writing the Wolverine and Jubilee miniseries this January,) that Jubilee is only 17 years old. 
    Yep... Jubilee is officially 17, according to Marvel. Sigh.  In Generation X #68 or something close to that, Jubilee stated herself that she was 16 years old... that was around ten years ago.

BUT... I guess we should be happy that Jubilee has been getting a TON of spotlight over the past months, and is set to have a ton more next year already. Marjorie Liu is also planning to use her in an upcoming X-23 arc. 
    And... look at it this way. Jubilee was selected as the field leader to the New Warriors at only 17 years of age. (although I think Kevin Grevioux had her as older in his mind.) This says a lot for her character. Night Thrasher selected her as the leader, clearly being one of the youngest members of the team.
    The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Myth

Summery from the Wolverine & Jubilee Mini Series to come in January says she is 17:  

STRAIGHT OUT OF THE PAGES OF X-MEN AND RIGHT INTO THE JUGULAR! Jubilee is about as far away from the ideal X-Man as it is possible for a 17-year-old minty fresh vampire to be. While the X-Men try to find a way to give her as normal a life as is inhumanly feasible, her decidedly abnormal vampire cravings will not be denied. Between that and her newfound powers, she’s winning the fights but not the popularity contests among most of the other X-Kids. Most...but not all. And just when Jubilee starts to think that there is no place for her anywhere, a group of vampire women make her an offer she can't refuse. It seems like the perfect solution...unless Wolverine has anything to say about it!

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

She always seemed to fall in Tim Drake's age group with me since they had that fling in the cross over so I place her at like 18

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Primmaster64

Same age as tim Drake

Richv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Richv1

17 is right that what i thought of right away. Marvel's aging process can be screwed up and hard to follow but it is a comic book and not real life. 

Richard Vasseur 
    www.jazmaonline.com
    Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Harlekin

It's been proven that her age is 17 but I alway go with 52 months in are time equals about 1 year in DC/Marvel time unless said otherwise. She should be 18.

nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nikbackm
    @Harlekin said:

" It's been proven that her age is 17 but I alway go with 52 months in are time equals about 1 year in DC/Marvel time unless said otherwise. She should be 18. "

There is no direct mapping between Marvel Timeand our real world time. Well, except the fan-wanking variant, but no official one. 

Tom Brevoort did say something about this subject a few times though.   

(The timeline starts with FF#1 and ends with the "present" day)

That timeline does expand over time, but very, very slowly. In the 1980s, it was generally considered a 7 year span, then it became 10 years by the start of the 1990s, and now it's up to 13 years. But there does come a point where you have to hold the line, or else have all of your primary characters suddenly get older than is optimal. TomBrevoort  responded   4 months ago

This, as well might be useful to keep in mind:

"You said Franklin is 8 years old, but in the Power Pack series, he is only 6 years younger than Julie Power and she is now 17. How is it possible? He should be at least 10 or 11. "
    It's possible because this is all fiction, and so time doesn't necessarily pass consistently across all titles and characters. It's more like a soap opera, when a baby can go off-screen for a few weeks and then come back as 5 years old. (And let's not even think about Kitty Pryde, who celebrated her 18th birthday, then lost two years and was 16, then slowly got older again.) TomBrevoort  responded   4 months ago

As for Jubilee, we now know for certain that she's 17. Until another writer says something else :)
    tyciol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I skimmed through her debut in issue 244 and didn't see any mention of her age, what was the first issue to mention she was thirteen? Perhaps that was decided on later?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.