Her Powers/ Eyes?

#1 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid question, but what's up with her having blue eyes if she is Chinese (according to CV)? Mutation? Contacts? Genetics? Inconsistant writers/colorists? Also, what really makes her different from Dazzler power-wise. Don't they both have the same potential? 

#2 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really...Jubes powers are derived psioncially as plasmatic energy. From bright light to explosion (think of it as non burning fire, but just as destructive)

Dazz's powers are derived from sound transmututation. She turns sound into light. Various forms of light, such as lasers, light screens, etc. Her powers are different from Jubes's because of first the origin, and what they can do.

However they both have equally destructive force, according to CV, and (just poor writing for years on Jubes's side)

#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler could destroy a sentinel with no problem :D

#4 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: If you are referring to Ultimate Dazzler..then yes, but she was knocked out afterward
#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slight: LOL, well don't forget that Dazzler could also burn someones face off :]
#6 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Don't forget that Jubes could give you a stroke with her powers burned face over paralyzed body...
#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slight: -____- You win for now.
#8 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: I am supreme once again
#9 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee fires plasma energy.
Dazzler shoots sound that has been converted into light.

and about her eyes, I think it's the colourists. They do the same to M

#10 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Inconsistency STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
and about her eyes, I think it's the colourists. They do the same to M"

I know! I hate that! I really like M too! Both need to be put on the main team!
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was mentioned somewhere (early on) that it was part of her mutation.  But it's been so long since I've read the old stuff, I might be wrong...

But yeah, colorists would be the main blame ;)

#13 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Question- I know you said you weren't sure, but how would eye color change be part of her mutation as in from brown to blue and back.
#14 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slight: It's called a Secondary Mutation :P lmao
#15 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Yes...I know this...most of the X-Men have them LOL...but I've never seen anything like that for Jubes...I think that it just might be inconsistency
#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slight: Wait, are her eyes blue now? If so, then i'm kinda wrong about the secondary mutation :P
#17 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Hold on...Let me check...I have Curse of the Mutants...Nope her eyes are brown...
#18 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
and about her eyes, I think it's the colourists. They do the same to M"
I know! I hate that! I really like M too! Both need to be put on the main team! "
Definately! but I love M in X-Factor, she's the best part.
#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slight: Then it is a secondary mutation! ^_^ 

@Cherry Bomb: She really is!
#20 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: But...there has never been any confirmation on that...We know Storm has her eyes change, and what not, Emma has her diamond form, and Beast has his blue fur and feline features, all of which have been confirmed time and again as secondary mutations...And all of which benefit them in one way or the other...A simple eye color change, without use, and confirmation = inconsistency in art and writing.
#21 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

It is genetically possible for an Asian person to be born with blue eyes.

#22 Posted by nightingaledies (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in her debut, her eyes were blue. And colorists just kept changing the colors of her eyes. Blue to brown and even sometimes green. /sigh

I liked the idea that her power made her eyes blue. She lost her powers--her eyes changed to brown. Symbolizing how she is different from firecracker of the x-men.  But that's not true--it is just colorists not really caring.

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: its actually geneticly possible for 2 white parents to give birth to a black baby but it is incredibly rare
#24 Edited by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though her eye color changes are most likely due to inconsistancy, in my head, I like the idea of her just wearing colored contacts as an accessory. She is always trendy anyway. She also is/was an actress, so maybe she just likes to switch up her look sometimes. lol 

#25 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated those things...

They tried to use purple ones on Callisto and they just looked brown

#26 Posted by Intensity (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee's eyes were originally listed as Hazel colored in the Handbook of the Marvel Universe in 1989, which is when she first appeared. Over the years, they have been either brown/hazel or blue... even Marvel.com listed them as either one or the other.  
It generally depended on the artist... but in a Q & A segment from a Generation X comic, someone asked what color Jubilee's eyes were. The response was that her eyes were brownish, but "a girl can always expiriment with blue contacts." 

As far as powers- 

Jubilee:  
Has been described as- 
Generation of pure light-energy plasmoids 
Pyrokinesis 
Energy Manipulation 

Basically, Jubilation Lee generates hot and bright plasma that can be formed in orbs, globs, streamers, sparks, and beams. She controls the shape, size, color, and intensity of each blast or sparkle... and mentally controls where they travel. She can also just toss them in a direction, causing them to explode on impact. The power that she emits varies from being able to blind/stun/dazzle enemies, illuminate dark places, burn/scald/melt/or explode solid objects- including enemies. Her powers are more violent when she is scared or really ticked off. She has the capability of causing strokes (which she has never done,) blowing up large buildings (she has done several times,) and knocking people unconscious (which she has done... but never to the point of killing someone. She was close, but gave CPR to a man she knocked out.)
#27 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slight:
LOL They totally F'ed up Callisto in the movie (but she did look good).
#28 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always the fault of the writers... I mean look at Pixie, where are the pink dots on her face and her rainbow colored wings are usually mis-drawn! What about the black streaks in her hair?...

#29 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I know some people who's eye colour changes under certain conditions, it's got something to do with how the light bounces of the eye, then in the Marvel Universe, there are characters who can flare their eyes... either that or the artists aren't paying attention.
#30 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:
"It's always the fault of the writers... I mean look at Pixie, where are the pink dots on her face and her rainbow colored wings are usually mis-drawn! What about the black streaks in her hair?... "

Very true, but I really don't give a f**k about Pixie. lol She is overexposed and overrated and she ain't even been around that long. wish they would give the other newbies a chance to shine! (glad to see Loa, Anole, and Indra are being used in Legacy) 
#31 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: ...Um Just giving an example of a character whose been constantly mis-drawn...! No harsh words, she's the first one that popped into my head.
#32 Posted by xmenfallen (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

jubilee is more on plasma blast like explosions its l.ike fireworks

dazzler is more on light energy like cyclops optic blast

#33 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

i've heard several folks joke about blue being the cheapest ink color. it's silly, but also kinda strange that if a character has a physical mutation, they're usually colored blue....most costumes have blue pieces and if it's black, blue is used as the hi-lite....and then we have the eyes, no matter what race, ending up blue :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.