Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3019 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Can Jubes be cured of Vampirism?

MrFantastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrFantastic

Jubilee is a vampire.  She had to die to become a vampire, but once dead the "vampire disease" brought her back to undead, unlife.  Currently she is using Wolverine's blood to make her less susceptible to the weaknesses of vampirism, such as exposure to light.  Logan was a vampire, but only because they "turned off" his healing factor. Once the turned his healing factor back on, he ceased to be a vampire.  Since he healing factor can bring him back from the dead and heal disease, one might hypothesis that he ceased being dead and then purged his body of the disease.  Can a big enough dose of Logan's blood bring her back?

jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By jakeeboi17

I'd like to hope so. But then again, I also hope that one day she will be repowered and recognized as one of the world's most potentially powerful mutants!

DrSumtincool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DrSumtincool

I really wish they would retcon the whole House of M and M-Day.  I miss having her with her powers

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MoonstoneEvil
    @MrFantastic said:
    " Jubilee is a vampire.  She had to die to become a vampire, but once dead the "vampire disease" brought her back to undead, unlife.  Currently she is using Wolverine's blood to make her less susceptible to the weaknesses of vampirism, such as exposure to light.  Logan was a vampire, but only because they "turned off" his healing factor. Once the turned his healing factor back on, he ceased to be a vampire.  Since he healing factor can bring him back from the dead and heal disease, one might hypothesis that he ceased being dead and then purged his body of the disease.  Can a big enough dose of Logan's blood bring her back? "
    If a big enough dose could then surely they would have tried that already? I'm not sure tbh. 
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I actually like Jubilee as a vampire and hope they keep this character concept for a while. I also preferred her original powers (who knows if they can bring her abilities back even as a vamp) but I am finding her pretty interesting as a vampire so far in her mini.  

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By The Devil Tiger

In a world where death is a joke most of time, how half death can be serious ? 

YOU CAN BET SHE WILL BE CURED !!!

kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kingoftheworld

If we ignore the story she may be cured. second worst xmen story arc ever. Austen is still number one
    Avatar image for monsterobsessor
    MonsterObsessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By MonsterObsessor
    @MrFantastic: Yes, I like to think of her being cured of vampirism, and I'm waiting for it.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Theworldbreaker

Yes, just ask one of the Skyfathers or cosmic beings...
    zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zerophyte

I'm hoping she isn't cured of vampirism... cause otherwise she'll just go back to being a plain ol boring powerless human.. and will fade out of any storylines again as she has no purpose anywhere.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PYH000
    @zerophyte said:
    " I'm hoping she isn't cured of vampirism... cause otherwise she'll just go back to being a plain ol boring powerless human.. and will fade out of any storylines again as she has no purpose anywhere. "
    Dani Moonstar says hello : ]
    zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zerophyte

Well at least Dani Moonstar has gotten re-powered with her Valkyrie powers from time to time, even if it was only temporary each time. And she uses a wide array of weaponry.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By The_Myth

Yes all she needs is to take a bite out of  Mortigan Goth a.k.a Immortalis.    
    KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KDarkholme

I feel sorry for Jubilee. lost her power's and then get's turned into a vampire. She has had it rough.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By lorex

This talk about curing Jubilee of vampirism, isn't there a mutant capable of changing cells at will to whaterver he wants but has some how been missing since Second Comming.
    Of course I am referring to Elixir, but he is no where to be seen. I mean we know he can regrow limbs but Karma and Hellion have still not been treated so why would Jubilee. 

zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zerophyte
    @lorex said:
    This talk about curing Jubilee of vampirism, isn't there a mutant capable of changing cells at will to whaterver he wants but has some how been missing since Second Comming. Of course I am referring to Elixir, but he is no where to be seen. I mean we know he can regrow limbs but Karma and Hellion have still not been treated so why would Jubilee. 
    As far as I know.. isn't Elixir still in a coma and is still black in color?? And right now he can only cause destruction, and no healing touch?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If Jubilee is going to be a vampire they might as well just kill her off.I love her as Jubilee and loved as Wondra but this Vampire stuff is corny.

zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zerophyte

Her latest mini series that just finished and her appearance in X-23 have been great, and I found her character is starting to build up again, mainly her semi-coping with her current situation. At least it seems shes sane again and knows to control herself and realize it'd be wrong to drain someone of their blood.

I kinda like where her story is going right now, so no.. please don't kill her off just because shes a vampire now, that'd just suck hardcore.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just desensitized to vampire characters because I watched too much True Blood and Vampire Diaries.. lol..

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By thewidowsbite
    @zerophyte said:
    Her latest mini series that just finished and her appearance in X-23 have been great, and I found her character is starting to build up again, mainly her semi-coping with her current situation. At least it seems shes sane again and knows to control herself and realize it'd be wrong to drain someone of their blood.  I kinda like where her story is going right now, so no.. please don't kill her off just because shes a vampire now, that'd just suck hardcore.  EDIT: Maybe I'm just desensitized to vampire characters because I watched too much True Blood and Vampire Diaries.. lol..

If so you're not the only one...
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GREGalicious

I hope a cure can be found. Im BEYOND OVER this whole vampire phase.  
    I loved the old spunky energy-plasmoid slinging JUBILEE but id prefer human (WONDRA) Jubilee over this mess.

LordTerminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordTerminal
    @GREGalicious said:

I loved the old spunky energy-plasmoid slinging JUBILEE but id prefer human (WONDRA) Jubilee over this mess.

Can't we have both? Can't she still remain a vampire but get her old mutant powers back in the process? Think about it: Vampire chick that shoots fireworks. I'd pay for a comic book about that.
    crimeking23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crimeking23

scarlet  witch 
    Mean she return in Avengers The Children's Crusade, she can  bring back former-mutant powers. 

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skaddix

there is no cure in marvel u except reality warping

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By fodigg
    @LordTerminal said:
    @GREGalicious said:

Can't we have both? Can't she still remain a vampire but get her old mutant powers back in the process? Think about it: Vampire chick that shoots fireworks. I'd pay for a comic book about that.
    I wouldn't mind a blade/retro mashup Jubilee.
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By labarith
    @MrFantastic said:
    Jubilee is a vampire.  She had to die to become a vampire, but once dead the "vampire disease" brought her back to undead, unlife.  Currently she is using Wolverine's blood to make her less susceptible to the weaknesses of vampirism, such as exposure to light.  Logan was a vampire, but only because they "turned off" his healing factor. Once the turned his healing factor back on, he ceased to be a vampire.  Since he healing factor can bring him back from the dead and heal disease, one might hypothesis that he ceased being dead and then purged his body of the disease.  Can a big enough dose of Logan's blood bring her back?
    I think they don't know what to do with her, and this was one way to bring her into the fold w/o worrying about repowering the scarlet witch.  Oopsie. 

Can she be cured?  Sure.  Will she?  I suspect we'll have another vampire arc soon enough, and she will be. 

Then again there are like 75 X-men on utopia, so they're in no rush. 

Heck, Vampire Jubilee might be a good add-on to either the X-23 book or Uncanny X-Force.
    zerophyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zerophyte

Jubilee's appearance in X-23 #12 was awesome.. 

At this point, I really don't care if she gets repowered by Scarlet Witch or remains a Vampire. Shes good either way. I do like her fangs and red eyes, in combination with her costume, just looks slick badass.. ^_^

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jhazzroucher

I believe there is a very intelligent superhero who could cure it. or a sorceress at least. But marvel writers won't do it, maybe for now. I want Jubilee and her cool powers back. I hope she'll become more powerful cos she's been hinted an omega level mutant.

i wonder how Storm cured herself.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ideally she would have been cured in the fallout of AvX. The Phoenix resparked the mutant population, and is a force for rebirth and ressurection. It would have been so simple for the Vampirism to be "burnt out of her" and suddenly she can shoot sparkles again.

Vampire Jubes is better than Depowered Jubes, because Vampire Jubes actually gets used in a book. But Fireworks Jubes is way better than Vampire Jubes, because with the Vampire powers has come a whole lot of awful writers who seem to want to turn her into an angsty, emo character. Not all of them have been terrible, but losing the spunky attitude upset me far more than losing the sparkles.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throwing this one out there.

Beast's modified Arkea strain was able to cure Shogo of a toxic poison running through his system and restore him to full health. Similarly, it saved the lives of Feral and, oh, I forget who the other victim of The Future was. Anyways, it has been established now that this modified Arkea strain is capable of some amazing restorative powers.

Why not give it a shot on Jubes? Perhaps it can cure her of her vampire-ness, and restore her fireworks, all in one whack. It's the result of three full story arcs in X-Men vol. 4, where Jubilee is considered a main character; why wouldn't they try it for her as well after it's proven to work?

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throwing this one out there.

Beast's modified Arkea strain was able to cure Shogo of a toxic poison running through his system and restore him to full health. Similarly, it saved the lives of Feral and, oh, I forget who the other victim of The Future was. Anyways, it has been established now that this modified Arkea strain is capable of some amazing restorative powers.

Why not give it a shot on Jubes? Perhaps it can cure her of her vampire-ness, and restore her fireworks, all in one whack. It's the result of three full story arcs in X-Men vol. 4, where Jubilee is considered a main character; why wouldn't they try it for her as well after it's proven to work?

You mean Primal, not Feral. LOL, Feral is currently a ghost. And the other person is Sprite.

Red_Paladin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Elixir could totally cure her Vampirisim and restore her powers, she could even retain some of her vampire abilities due to the way he cured her...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.