Is 'Journey into Mystery'...?

#1 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

You know how DC has Detective Comics and Action Comics respectively, and how they are a sub-comic of the specific Batman and Superman titles? Is Journey into Mystery Thor's version of Detective comics? Or is it something else entirely?

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda...

#3 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Currently, JiM is Loki's playground. Much like Lex Luthor was the star of Action Comics for a year under Cornell. In general, JiM has not run concurrently with Thor's on-going with the length AC and DC have for Superman and Batman, respectively. Thor first appeared in the book and his first on-going title originated from it. There is also a JiM volume 2 which I have not read.
#5 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Not necessarily, I don't know if Thor is popular enough these days to support more than one title, but I'd like it if it was.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34991 posts) - - Show Bio

JiM is an awesome book, it's one of the very few Marvel books I actually like and I hope they keep it Lokis book because I am really not a Thor fan at all.

#7 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

As aforementioned, it's basically Loki's chill place, but yeah, you have the gist of it.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it used to be. It was an anthology book with different characters & stories. Thor first appeared there, and was eventually deemed popular enough to take over the title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.