ironhawk22's Journey into Mystery #646 - Stronger Than Monsters, Part 1 of 5 review

A New Journey

Journey Into Mystery #622 Journey Into Mystery #623 For past reviews

Plot

When one Journey ends, another begins. Lady Sif begins a quest for power.

Art

The art is very pretty. It kind of looks like Sara Pichelli's art. The faces and designs are all distinct.

Story & Script

The book keeps it's fun and adventurous feel even though the lead is now Sif and we have a new creative team. I never really knew a whole lot about Sif, and you don't really need to going into this. All you need to know is she's strong, capable, and has dated Thor.

The issue is very fun. Reading this I felt like this was kind of like a better version of Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Willow - Wonderland #1. It's a very fun read, with a little bit of humor sprinkled in. Her interaction with the dragon is very fun to read. At times however the dialogue can be a bit hard to understand fully, but it doesn't affect the story too much.

Overall

I'm very excited for this new era of Journey Into Mystery. If you're one of those people always asking for Marvel to put out new female led books read this. I can assure you, you'll like it. A very entertaining read.