Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 490 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

Which one of Joss Whedon's TV Show's is the best?

• 60 results
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By joshmightbe

Firefly was my Fav, followed by Angel then Buffy, I could care less about Dollhouse

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Mercy_

Firefly, without a single doubt.

@k4tzm4n said:

And for second, hate me all you want but I actually enjoyed Dollhouse a little more than Buffy.

O___o reallyyyyyyyyyyyy?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@The Dark Huntress: I don't hate Buffy or anything, but I found myself enjoying Dollhouse more than I expected.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By TheCrowbar

Season 5 of Angel when he took over the LA branch of Wolfram and Hart.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Firefly, better than all the rest put together

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Buffy...sorry to all the Firefly fans, but the show just bored me, i couldn't even finish it

jazzblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jazzblade

firefly!!!

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#58  Edited By MatKrenz

Angel, since it's the only one I have watched but im sure it's going to be my favorite when im going to watch the other shows.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

This is the order I like Joss Whedon shows in

1. Angel

2. Buffy

3. Firefly

4. Dollhouse ( But I never really liked Dollhouse to much)

TheBidoofus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too difficult. I gotta rank it by season.

Angel s5

Pure gold. Why We Fight, Smile Time, and Hole in the World are 3 gem episodes in a row. All three are in my top 10 episodes. On top of that, we have every episode in this season at at least an 85/100. Plus we have the best series finale

Buffy s3

Slightly less pure gold. Eliza Dushku's Faith, one of the best characters, first appears here. We also have a terrific big bad in the Mayor. Every episode hit at least 83/100 and great gems like Band Candy shown.

Buffy s2

Slightly less less-pure gold.

Whilst having one of the worst episodes in Go Fish, this season was still fantastic. Holding episodes like Innocence, I Only Have Eyes For You, and Graduation Day pt. 2 the second season of Buffy is what shifted it from mediocre filler show to the top 5 best TV shows ever. Also, the grossly underused Oz first appears.

Firefly s1

Firefly is great but no match for Angel s5 or Buffy s3 and 2. Housing episodes like Janestown and the Train Job, Firefly remains forever in my heart.

Buffy s6

I have recently become a hardcore BtVS s6 defender. In my first run through, I avoided OMWF because it was a musical episode so I figured it was going to be irrelevant and tupid and boy was I wrong. Who the hell pitched OMWF and how the hell did they not get fired instantly? "Hey guys, I got an idea! What if Xander wants everyone's problems to be solved so he summons a demon that makes people burst spontaneously into song, makong it a musical, but this backfires as people die from it. Oh, also we'll have everyone sing their feelings so we can further express Buffy's dissatisfaction with life and her being in hell cause she was pulled out of heaven, Anya can further express her bunny fear, Tara will sing a devestating and heart crushing metaphoric song that isnt metaphoric, Giles will decide to leave and sing so via song, Spike will sing about loving Buffy, and some epic battle seen music." OMWF is one of my favorite episodes ever.Plus this is a season where the big bad is life! Although I didnt like the subplot of Bargaining 1&2. Tara's death gets me everytime. And the Xander/Willow moment when Dark Willow is trying to end the world was heartwarming.

Angel s1

Pretty good. City of was a pretty good episode 1. Then you have I Will Remember You, Hero, Five by Five/Sanctuary, and To Shanshu in the LA. I loved those episodes. Not in the 'Why We Fight, Smile Time, Hole in the World' way, but still love nonetheless. There were some clunkers though.

Angel s2

Contains some of the best episodes. S2 has Are You Now or Have You Ever Been, my favorite episode (or tied with the Angel s5 trilogy), and Guise will be Guise. The intro to Fred was great and the Pylia trilogy was a pretty good ending story ark.

Angel s3

Now, despite the clunky-like endong, s3 was fantastic. With episodes like Waiting in the Wings, Lullably, and Sleep Tight, s3 comes out great. Grown-up Connor is Dawn but far worse which is why it is so disliked.

Buffy s5

Once again, a good season. This season entailed a good big bad in Glory, a God from what amounts to a type of hell. This season entailed The Body, an episode often named as the best. The finale was also great. The biggest flaw in this was the introduction to Dawn, a boring, lame-ass sister to Buffy who is only ever decent during the memory wipe in Tabula Rasa (another great SEASON SIX episode).

Buffy s1/s7

Buffy s1 and s7 get a tie IMO. They both sugfer from major flaws that aren't things like introducong a nuissance of a character. The saving graces are 2 episodes for both seasons. Season 1 has Angel and Prophecy Girl, and season 7 has Conversations With Dead People and Chosen. I suppose season 1 is better as season 1 has 2/12 good episodes compared to seven's 2/22.

Buffy s4/Angel s4

Now this one is difficult. They both are majority bad episodes and both have really shiny gem within the shit. BtVS s4 has Restless and Hush, two episodes widely regarded as among the best, and Angel s4 has Orpheus and the Jasmine story line.

I excluded Dollhouse because i watched it a while ago and it's really random non-detailed memories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.