Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 490 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

The Best Moments in Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men Run!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

During the recent years of X-Men comics, I have recently stumbled upon Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" and I have to tell you that Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" was easily one of the best storylines of the current X-Men series ever created!  So in honor of Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men," I like to share my favorite moments that made this run fantastic and why they were my favorites:   

1. Colossus' Return 

Easily one of the greatest scenes to ever surface upon any X-Men comics, every X-Men fan knew that Colossus gave up his life during the Legacy Virus arc to save all of mutantkind from the Legacy virus and this scene where he makes his return and runs through a shocked Kitty Pryde is truly emotional and brilliant at the same time! 

2. Kitty Pryde gets tough! 

In one of the most memorable scenes ever printed, Kitty Pryde turns into a tough heroine in a scene that is a clear throwback of the classic scene in the Dark Phoenix Saga that involves Wolverine being stuck in the sewers and saying the exact same thing that vows the classic "I'm going to get you!" line! 

3. Colossus's Joke 

This is one of those reasons why I love Peter so much!! It's a brief little scene, but it's a scene that practically every X-Men fan who has ever read Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run remembered very well!  

4. Kitty and Colossus finally kiss! 

Everyone knows about Colossus' and Kitty's famous relationship, so this scene was basically one of the best kiss scenes I have ever seen from this couple and has been my favorite scene ever since! 

5. Cyclops unleashes his true power! 

Who would have thought that calm leader Cyclops would go all out as he puts his master plan in action to stop the destruction of earth?  When he used his eye laser beams to full blast, this scene truly defined the awesomeness of Cyclops! 

6. Kitty Pryde stopping the bullet 

Kitty Pryde sacrificing her life to save Earth from a giant bullet was one of the greatest accomplishes on Kitty's character and truly made her into one of the greatest X-Men superheroes to ever surface the X-Men universe! 

7.     The Famous Fastball Special! 

Fans of X-Men will definitely remember the classic "fastball special" between Colossus and Wolverine, so John Cassaday's illustration of this famous move easily made it to my top list as it is so well done! 

8. Wolverine Loves Beer! 

Another brief little scene that has a brilliant joke: Wolverine thinking about beer while he is fighting a huge monster!  This scene always cracked me up and has always been an instant favorite of mine for years! 

9. Kitty Fighting Emma 

This truly shows how awesome Kitty can be when she's fighting will full force! Kitty taking down Emma is one of the greatest fight scenes to ever come out of this run! 

10. Colossus taking down Ord 

Colossus's popular line "I AM MADE OF RAGE!!!" line is pure classic and him taking down Ord is one of the greatest fight scenes ever along with Kitty taking down Emma! 

Yeah, it's mainly moments with Kitty and Colossus, but this is mainly Kitty and Colossus's story so that's to be expected. Anyway, this is a list of my favorite scenes from Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" and these scenes will surely not be forgotten! 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Wolverines "you bite I'll heal"... "I pop, you won't" line was pretty badass

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @cattlebattle

Oh yeah! I loved that scene too!
    jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jcbart

I always loved the "You're no match... FOR THE WHITE QUEEN" .. "Yeahbutwhat" lines. Actually, I loved the whole script; Joss is a literary magician.  
    Oh and the one page spread of Scott holding the smoking gun, depowered, "I don't have any claws".

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp
    @Rabbitearsblog: You left out the "Get OFF my Lawn"... :(. Though I don't remember that other Cyclops scene. Alright now to actually read it (LOL! 'm sorry :P)
    Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Or35ti

This is such an awesome list. Whedon's run was so cool and funny, i hope he starts writing again sooner or later.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By IrishX
    @Rabbitearsblog: Excellent.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ReVamp
    @Or35ti said:
    This is such an awesome list. Whedon's run was so cool and funny, i hope he starts writing again sooner or later.
    Sooner than Later would be good.
    Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Or35ti
    @ReVamp said:
    @Or35ti said:
    Sooner than Later would be good.
    Definitely! but it looks like he's going to remain a little busy now for a while with the Avengers
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @IrishX:  Thanks!!! 

@Or35ti: 
    Thanks!!! And I really hope that Joss Whedon comes back to X-Men soon! I'll probably check out the Avengers since Joss Whedon is writing it!
    roarshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By roarshock

I loved the scene showing the old Paul Smith scene of "Professor Xavier is a jerk!".  Also, this series really made Kitty Pryde just about my favorite X-man.  I loved her scene where she told Emma Frost that she defined evil by thinking of Emma and also when Wolverine told her he would take her at his back in a fight any day saying "you been in it plenty".  Great series.  Many reat moments. 
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @roarshock
    I loved the whole "Professor Xavier is a jerk" page too! Great flashback to a great era of X-Men comics!
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

To me, my X-Men. Let's finish this. 

roarshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By roarshock
    @Rabbitearsblog
    True, that is my favorite era of comics.  Uncanny X-men with Paul Smith on pencils was simply stunning.  The Wolverine and Rogue story in Japan, the first New Mutants story when the X-men return from fighting the Brood, the Morelocks capturing Angel, Rogue joining the team...  All excellent stories. 
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @roarshock
    Yeah! They were all great stories and I wish that the current X-Men titles were like that!
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Bump.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Soulstealer

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

To me, my X-Men. Let's finish this.

Cyke with the To, me my X-men made me cheer the first time I read the comic. A lot of people were looking at me weird because it was in the break room at work.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mercy_
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Oh yeah! This moment made me cry. I wish we saw more moments like this between Kitty and Emma.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Mercy_

@Rabbitearsblog: I have multiple cry moments during Whedon's run. Another notable one is when Piotr returns and asks if he's finally dead.

And for your viewing pleasure, another awesome Emma/Kitty moment.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I have multiple cry moments during Whedon's run. Another notable one is when Piotr returns and asks if he's finally dead.

And for your viewing pleasure, another awesome Emma/Kitty moment.

Oh yeah! I really loved the moment where Piotr is hugging and asking her if he is dead. I should have put that moment up on the list...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.