Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 490 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

Joss Whedon's next show: Dollhouse

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm lookin' forward to this. I'm a Eliza Dushku fan. I hope Fox got permission from the Foo Fighters for this since they didn't for the first "Wolverine and the X-Men" cartoon trailer.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Wasnt she on another failed show? True Calling i think it was...i fear this may suffer the same fate...Though i did love Eliza in Bring it on. lol

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

pixelized says:

"Wasnt she on another failed show? True Calling i think it was...i fear this may suffer the same fate...Though i did love Eliza in Bring it on. lol"

I really liked Tru Calling. Especially when they brought in Jason Priestly (of all people) as the bad guy. I think Fox dropped the ball on that one. It was bad scheduling. It was on Thursday night against whatever #1 Sitcom NBC was running. Think it was getting interrupted by baseball too. Why Whedon keeps going back to Fox is beyond me. Look at how they bailed on Firefly.

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By lady_redhead

OMFG THAT LOOKS COOOOLLLL

YAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYA

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pixelized

Idk...i dont think there is a market for supernatural shows like there once was...this one was only green lighted for 7 episiodes if thats any indication....

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pixelized

Sorry Eliza Dushku and Joss Whedon fans!

Looks like you might have to wait a bit longer to see their latest collaboration, Dollhouse, on Fox.

Refresher, Dollhouse stars Eliza Dushku as a secret agent of sorts. The agency she works for imprints memories and personalities into its agents, who are then hired out. Though most agents are blissfully unaware of their situation, Eliza's character comes to realize she's a secret agent. The show's totally a hybrid of Alias and Bourne Identity!

Anyway, Whedon, the genius behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, doesn't think the current Dollhouse scripts are good enough, so he's shut down production for now, so he can do some re-writes.

Production is due to start up again in late September, as long as Joss is happy with the scripts!

The good news is that the drama is a midseason entry.

If Dollhouse picks up production again at the end of the month, they'll still be ahead of schedule.

Compliments of Perezhilton

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I saw this mentioned earlier in the week.  Wasn't sure how news-worthy it was.  As stated, the show is a mid-season one so there's still time to get their act together.  It's not a good sign in my opinion.  Look at the delays on Astonishing X-Men and Runaways.  Not sure what's going on.  I'm sadly starting to lose faith.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Is there still interest in Dollhouse?  Friday nights?  Uh oh...

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By NiteFly

It's a Whedon project.  I'll give it a shot.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized

Why did Kristin D mention Firefly in Whedon's credits? I'm sure Ben Affleck doesn't jump out with Gili as his main acting credit.

Anyway, it's in a friday time slot which is instant bad news and Whedon nor Dushku won me over in their interviews. Idk, unless i hear good things about it, i'll watch reruns of Gossip Girl.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

At least they showed Nathan Fillion.  Fridays didn't work for Firefly.  Just pure stupidity to put a genre-type show like that on a Friday night.  Maybe they expect everyone to Tivo/DVR it.  Joss has been letting me down a little lately.  I'm not saying he isn't brilliant.  I am an Eliza fan.  I just don't know about this.  They did seem a little flat in the interview.  You'd think they'd be doing all they could to pump it up.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Darkchild

Its got Dushku and Joss as writer...ill watch it

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By NiteFly
    pixelized said:
    "Why did Kristin D mention Firefly in Whedon's credits? I'm sure Ben Affleck doesn't jump out with Gili as his main acting credit."
    Wow, totally not even in the same ballpark.  Gigli could not be considered successful by any reasonable metric.  Let's face it, that was an embarrassment.  Fox certainly did everything they could to make sure the show did not work, that's for sure, however despite cancellation the show and uneven critical reception Firefly still managed to become a cult hit with it's extremely loyal fanbase opening it up to continue in both comic book form as well as being picked up on bigscreen.  Past that the show won numerous awards and has had strong DVD sales since being released.
    Gigli is largely considered one of the worst movies ever to be made.  I think that the comparison is a bit unfair.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck

The DVD sales are what made the movie happen.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Methos

just out of curiosity, is anyone else out there watching Dollhouse?

i'm just watching episode 4 and i frickin' love it...

it's pure science, no demons, no mythology, futuristic settings... it's all pure reality... and i'm hooked...

the show is amazing and the cast do a really good job of playing different roles each episode with twists on their character between the blank slate points...

i'll probably be doing a full review of this in the next few days, but so far i'd highly reccomend this show to anyone :D

M

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Methos said:
    "just out of curiosity, is anyone else out there watching Dollhouse?

i'm just watching episode 4 and i frickin' love it...

it's pure science, no demons, no mythology, futuristic settings... it's all pure reality... and i'm hooked...

the show is amazing and the cast do a really good job of playing different roles each episode with twists on their character between the blank slate points...

i'll probably be doing a full review of this in the next few days, but so far i'd highly reccomend this show to anyone :D

M
    "
    its not on TV here yet.. but im hanging
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Methos

it's really good...

very twisted stuff, but it really makes you think

M

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not even sure we are going to get it on tv. -_-

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#19  Edited By Kurrent
    .Mistress Redhead. said:
    "Im not even sure we are going to get it on tv. -_-
    "
    hulu.com has it, I'm pretty sure
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurrent said:
    ".Mistress Redhead. said:
    "Im not even sure we are going to get it on tv. -_-
    "
    hulu.com has it, I'm pretty sure
    "
    But that means stealing it... naught Kurrent XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.