Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 490 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse' Canceled!

• 62 results
    eenuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By eenuck

Thats too bad, I like the show. That bites.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Tyler Starke

I'm pissed because I was looking forward to Summer Glau (From Firefly and Sarah Connor 
    chronicles) to appear in upcoming episodes of Dollhouse :(

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By crazywolf

I was expecting this so not too disapointed but not satisfied with the result.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By SevanGrim

stoopid fox! i hate them! no one should ever pitch an idea to them again. it seems the only shows their willing to keep are those stupid reality contests and the Simpsons. 

they keep doing this to me! Get Real was one of my favorite tv shows ever! you know what they did? they put it on a crap night at 9, and then cancelled it with 2 episodes left! the show had EVERYBODY in it! Anne Hathaway. Christina Milian, Jesse Eisenberg (Adventureland, Zombie land), Eric Christian Olsen,Taryn Manning, Mila Kunis, Tom Arnold. All in that show! And all of the names you imediatly recognize off of that list? almost all of them where pretty much boosted up by this show. and almost 10 years later, Fox STILL wont give us a DVD. Comon! just give it to us for free online!

and what about Boston Public? Popular? Greg the Bunny? The Tick? the Ben Stiller Show? family Guy and Futurama? Titus?
     these dips keep screwing over great shows by under advertising them, putting them in crapy slots, and planting sports over them without airing them later. Why the Hell wouldnt they plan to re-air the show? cuz their the devil! they love the idea of dangling a 5 corse meal in front of a starving man and then tossing it on a slanted roof where the man can watch it fester and die!
     No one ever pitch any ideas to them ever! let them wait until a show has done really well on another network and then buy it for an insane amount of money.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By DH69

great...everytime fox cancels one of their crappy shows the simpsons simply absorb its lifeforce and get another year of life. oh well hopefully the cleveland show wont be far behind

Magick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Magick

I admit the episodes so far weren't all that, but did any one see the extra episode on the DVD? It was awesome. Much more Weadon style. And from the episodes in season two thus far, I think he really was trying to take it in that direction. It's a shame. I really would have liked to have seen what he would have turned it into.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Tyler Starke: The entire season will air, Fox has promised this regaurdless of ratings hence the two episodes a night in december. So you will get a chance to see summer do something awesome.
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

Okay..... So Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles gets cancelled, and Dollhouse is given a second chance..... Now it's cancelled as well, and what are we on? Like the fifth episode? I'm getting tired of this. It's why I don't watch a lot of tv anymore. All my favorite shows get cancelled, and I'm getting tired of being pulled in, and then cut off.  
    Joss, if this message can get to you, please.... STOP! GOING! TO! FOX! "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". 
    Everyone can complain all they want about the pacing, but Buffy didn't pick up until the second season. And even back then, it still had to move to another network just to stay on. Joss' show's always seem to get cancelled, which sucks.

fanbla72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By fanbla72

i watched the show... despite the shoddy acting. it was a bit of a guilty pleasure... but it had enough unique and quirky aspects to it to warrant my time.

Dushku couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag. terrible, terrible acting.  its good to be the producer.

Tudyk's cameo as Alpha was awesome.

2 seasons.. maybe too soon? 3 seasons and i would have been satisfied. 

would've like to have seen the dolls treated like red shirts (that survived multiple shows, instead of 5 minutes in) and churned through them as the seasons went along i think it would've improved it.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BatDance
    @MrCipher said:

"    Does anyone have any insight into all of this craziness? "

Family Guy (although they did wake up and reverse this one)
    The Tick
    Firefly   
    Keen Eddie 
    Lone Gunman
    Terminator TSCC (got 1 full season)
    Brimestone
    The Inside
    Profit
    Drive  

but to be fair to Fox, I did try to watch Dollhouse and IMO it sucked. It was one of the few times Fox did the right thing
    Lydian Sel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lydian Sel

Man Whedon can't get a break these days can he? Remember when everybody loved him in the 90's? Come to think of it I stopped watching Buffy when Oz left & never got into Angel, Firefly, or any of his other projects. Maybe if he made a Buffy reboot where all the vampires were sparkly models he'd have more success.

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By extrememage

i liked the first season 
    i thot it was really good 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.