"El Fuego Your Fridays" With Dollhouse & Terminator

Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio
Friday nights will be rocking with the "Dames Of Deception" on Fox.  "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" (with Eliza Dushku) are making plans to spend Friday nights at your house. 

I liked the first season of Terminator.  I am a little behind (thankfully my DVR is helping out).  I do like Eliza Dushku.  I haven't been 100% sold on the premise of "Dollhouse."  I am willing to give it a chance because of Dushku and because Joss Whedon is responsible. 

What concerns me is the fact that both shows are on Friday nights.  It brings to mind, shows like "Firefly" or even "Dark Angel" that ended up dying on Fridays at Fox.  This little trailer does make things look interesting.  Bravo to whoever wrote it.  Not your standard [boring] Fox promo.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by AnnetteKS (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I am worried that Dollhouse will be similar to My Own Worst Enemy. Something along the lines of her subconscious fighting with the active personality. I want to watch it, I just can't imagine how many storylines they can come up with. Then again I am not a writer, I am a watcher. I have stuck by Fringe and that show is odd...

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is kickass show! Glad it is back. Only issue I have with this line up. Battlestar Galactica comes on at 10:00 pm est and conflits with one of these shows.

#2 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking MY OWN WORST ENEMY too.  I like Christian Slater but I didn't even check out one episode.  The shows are also competing with Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Clone Wars and also Nick Toons' Wolverine and the X-Men.  Sure they may not be the exact same audience but there could be some carry over that will have to choose.

Staff Online
#3 Posted by AnnetteKS (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Doh! I forgot about Wolverine and the X-men. I watched 3 or 4 episodes of My Own Worst Enemy and in my opinion it just kept getting worse as it went. Good pilot but down hill from there. Keep figures cross the same doesn't happen with Dollhouse.

#4 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

You just brought up what I was going to say. lol I already have to decide between Batman & Wolverine (which sucks) now they put Dollhouse on thee same night. Honestly with the track record Joss seems to have on tv lately I'm going to stick with Batman. It's such a crappy time slot, why couldn't it be on Wednesdays?

#5 Posted by AnnetteKS (34 posts) - - Show Bio

AMERICAN IDOL takes over the TV on FOX on WEDNESDAYS.

#6 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Tuesdays when Buffy and Angel were on?

Staff Online
#7 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

American Idol sucks. 
I think so, Tuesday would be good to.

#8 Posted by AnnetteKS (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks or not FOX would never give up that slot for anything else. Idols rating are too massive...

#9 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

I like music and all but I can't devote the time to watching American Idol anymore.  I gave up on Fringe so I have nothing to watch on Tuesdays.  HEAR THAT FOX?

Staff Online
#10 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

I always meant to watch Fringe but always got distracted by something else, usually warcraft, guess i didn;t miss much.

#11 Posted by G-Man (30617 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone watch "Dollhouse"?  I haven't yet (it's dvr'd).  All I'm seeing is the the ratings weren't so great (and that Terminator's has dropped).  Is this really a surprise?  Terminator's ratings have been rising but look what happens when you move the show to Fridays.  The real indicator for "Dollhouse" will be next week's ratings.  Usually shows' ratings dropped after the pilot episode.  If they do go down, things won't look good (and Eliza better hope she can get the Black Widow gig).

Staff Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.