Follow

Joss Whedon

Person » Joss Whedon is credited in 489 issues.

Writer, director, and television showrunner known for trademark strong female leads and a high fatality rate among his most popular characters. Also known for his writing and directorial roles on the first two Avengers films, he is responsible for the creation of various fictional realities known collectively as The Whedonverse.

Dollhouse Season 1 Comic-Con Exclusive Pre-Order

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    What's the verdict on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse?  Did you like it?  Did you watch it?  The show is coming back for a second season.  In an amazing move, the first season will be available this month.  Usually they come out just as the next season is starting.  What makes this different is a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive is being offered.  A regular version will be available on Blu-ray and DVD afterwards on July 28. 

The exclusive set will be limited to only 5000 sets (2500 Blu-ray and 2500 DVDs) and can only be picked up at Comic-Con.

This is a first-come, first-served offer and the pre-order begins Monday, July 6 at 10 a.m. PST at FoxStore.com.  There may be a limited amount available for on-site purchase at the Fox booth (#1429) at Comic-Con.  Once you pre-order, the set can be picked up beginning Wednesday, Jully 22 (preview night).

What's the show about?

From Joss Whedon, the creative mastermind behind “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel,” comes the provocative “Dollhouse,” a sexy, suspenseful thriller starring the stunningly talented Eliza Dushku. As an “Active,” the mysterious Echo (Dushku) serves as an unwitting agent of Dollhouse, an illegal underground organization that provides its elite clientele with programmable human beings. Actives receive personality imprints, allowing them to temporarily become anyone or anything—the perfect burglar, lover, spy, or assassin. Now, with the FBI and her own shadowy past closing in, Echo must face a rogue Active who will stop at nothing to bring Dollhouse down—forever.

And here's some words from Joss, himself about this purchase and why you should order it.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

It started off a little rough then started picking up steam towards the end (which is probably why it managed to get a second season).  I don't think you can fairly compare it to Firefly.  I loved that show.  It was a different genre and had a great cast.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Joe Venom

I think its good but not great , to me the most interesting scenes of the show are the ones that do not focus as much on Dushku's character, like when they speak of the rogue super doll name Alpha (played by Firefly's Alan Tudyk) that's when the show truly shines. By the time they showed this the season was over and I wanted more, and they way things where going I thought the show might get canceled, hopefully DvD/Blu-ray sell well and they will air season 2, that or a comic for season 2.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jefprice

I'm pretty surprised about it having a season 2. I know some pretty die hard JH fans and none of them liked this show. I never really got around to watching it, Firefly was good, but I didn't care for Buffy, and Angel I thought was more compelling, Astonishing X-Men was off to a great start but he lost me with some his trade mark bizarre plot points such as Kitty getting trapped in a flying bullet. LAME. "Hey heres an idea lets take one of the most compelling X-Men females in the books and do something that not even my most loyal fans will like, we'll just do it cause we hate the reader." Lol I think he needs to go back to the first few seasons of Buffy, and then lok at Firefly and remember why he has any fans, before he self destructs.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By LastSon1027
    @G-Man: Right on, Firefly was Fantastic! I still wish they would have kept that on the air but then again now we have Castle which is also awesome.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Media_Master

never watched this show

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AngelFrost

I thought the first few episodes were very good,
    and the whole plot is very original.

But after that, the series did start to drag on.
    Would have been a better miniseries though, as I think they'll run out of ideas very soon.

I'm only about 5 episodes in, because I'm in the UK,
    and we get things very late ¬¬

thatoneguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By thatoneguy

The OP mentions a second season. I didn't know this ended up getting uncancelled. As it was, they didn't play the final episode from season one. 

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

This show has potential , the first season was pretty good but i'm sure will get better. Also it looks like Alan Tudyk joined the "tradition" of Firefly actors becoming villains on other Joss Whedon shows

Toastalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Toastalchemist

I saw the 1st episode of dollhouse and it sucked.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

man I want to go to Comic-Con!!!!  not for this but for this

DC is going to be offering a very limited item this July at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con. For the first time, fans will be able to collect Hal Jordan not only as a Green Lantern, but as a member of the Red, Orange, Blue and Yellow Corps as well. Interested? We thought you might be. Read on for the details, including which colors will be available on which days.

The most important details are these: you can only get these items during the San Diego Comic-Con and supplies are extremely limited. Fans will be able to line up at the Graphitti Designs booth (#2315) for these rare collectibles starting on Wednesday, July 22. But here's the catch - you'll have to visit the booth each and every day for the latest color. Each customer can only buy 2 of each figure.

Here's the breakdown of availability:

Wednesday (Preview Night) - July 22 - 6:00 pm Hal Jordan: Green Lantern - 3,000 pieces available

Thursday, July 23 - 10:00 am
    Hal Jordan: Yellow Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Friday, July 24 - 10:00 am
    Hal Jordan: Blue Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Saturday, July 25 - 10:00 am
    Hal Jordan: Orange Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Sunday, July 26 - 10:00 am
    Hal Jordan: Red Lantern - 1,500 pieces available

Each figure comes with its own lantern and a wearable power ring customized to each Corps. Each figure is available starting its respective day, and will continue to be on sale until it is sold out. As of press time, pricing information was unavailable. Each figure comes in its own four-color box. Be sure to check out the photos in this article for a better glimpse of each Hal Jordan figure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.