LBCC '09: Joshua Hale Fialkov Interview

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Vine talks to the creator of 'TUMOR'

There is certainly a good reason why Joshua Fialkov was nominated for a Harvey Award for ' Elk's Run,' he is an incredibly talented writer. I had the opportunity to talk to him about his latest project for Archaia, 'TUMOR,' a widely successful comic that is being released on the Amazon Kindle and has managed to beat 'Watchmen' as the highest selling graphic novel on Amazon. Fialkov is influenced by film noir and his book is dark, brooding, gritty and thought provoking; containing all the elements that make for a fantastic story. The book is expected to go to print next year, but if you do not have a Kindle and want to read it before then, you can do so on Josh's website for FREE. I hope that you take advantage and read the story, and can appreciate it as much as I have. Check out some of the panels from the first issue below.

Oh, and if you have ever wanted to see me screw up in an interview, watch this to the end. We left it in because frankly, it was pretty funny. Have a laugh at my expense!
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I wondered what you were referring to on Twitter!  I love the noir style, but the etchy-sketchy, square jawed style reminds me of Frank Miller (who's work I don't like).  Anyway, if I see it I'll pick it up & have a look... 

And I can't help but be distracted by that GIANT Fraggle Rock poster :D  I would have been tempted to nick it ;)  

#2 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This is such a well written book. The dialogue is incredible.

#3 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"I wondered what you were referring to on Twitter!  I love the noir style, but the etchy-sketchy, square jawed style reminds me of Frank Miller (who's work I don't like).  Anyway, if I see it I'll pick it up & have a look...  And I can't help but be distracted by that GIANT Fraggle Rock poster :D  I would have been tempted to nick it ;)   "

yeah, but can you name the fraggles?
#4 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it when they show a diagram of the brain short-circuiting

#5 Edited by G-Man (30606 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I wanted to grab it too.  I can't wait until it comes out!

@goldenkey:
Are you talking the main ones?  Gobo, Mokey, Red, Wembly and Boober. 
Staff
#6 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: l"oh my gosh your fired" lol.
He seems like a nice guy and I personally love noir so I will read this when it comes up on his site. Kind of with I had kindle lol.
#7 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:

" @Babs: l"oh my gosh your fired" lol. He seems like a nice guy and I personally love noir so I will read this when it comes up on his site. Kind of with I had kindle lol. "

i posted the link...you can read it; it's already on his site. 
#8 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: 
I just read chapter one it was great. I usually read the text, I should do that before I comment next time lol.
#9 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read them all now. His confusion reminds me of how I feel when I'm off my meds lol. Luckily I don't get violent.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.