Follow

Joseph Kony

Character » Joseph Kony appears in 2 issues.

Real-life leader of the L.R.A.

Kony 2012, please watch.

• 180 results
    Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: Because when and if we do get him everyone will just go "YAY! We got him!...back to facebook" and they'll go back to not caring because this campaign does a lot to shine a light on only one of Africa's many many many problems while ignoring all the others. Hunger is the cornerstone of the African Crisis. Without hunger the warlords have no leverage, the single mothers have no reason to sell their bodies to AIDS infected men, ect.

I can agree that most people will forget about Africa after Kony is gone. But being apart of the Minority who hasn't forgotten Africa or the nations sufferings should be what counts. Do one great thing today... That's what we should live by. If we let people tell us that it's pointless then we prove them wrong. This is me. Proving you wrong.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Mr. Mercury

@Vance Astro said:

@King Saturn said:

why has it taken so long to come together to go after this guy ?
    People don't care as much about Africa as they pretend to.

And it's sad this Kony 2012 campaign is just something high school/college kids are gonna post on their facebook status and switch out mirror pics for a KONY 2012 av to appear "globally aware".

Where were you for the past TWO decades?

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@Mr. Mercury said:

@Vance Astro said:

@King Saturn said:

why has it taken so long to come together to go after this guy ?
    People don't care as much about Africa as they pretend to.

And it's sad this Kony 2012 campaign is just something high school/college kids are gonna post on their facebook status and switch out mirror pics for a KONY 2012 av to appear "globally aware".

Where were you for the past TWO decades?

In their mother's wombs...

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By moywar700

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@DoomDoomDoom:

I'm also a big gay cynic, in case you hadn't realized.

I knew there was a reason I followed you, lol.

one point for cynicism.

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
    TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

@Kiara_Sullivan: Because when and if we do get him everyone will just go "YAY! We got him!...back to facebook" and they'll go back to not caring because this campaign does a lot to shine a light on only one of Africa's many many many problems while ignoring all the others. Hunger is the cornerstone of the African Crisis. Without hunger the warlords have no leverage, the single mothers have no reason to sell their bodies to AIDS infected men, ect.

I can agree that most people will forget about Africa after Kony is gone. But being apart of the Minority who hasn't forgotten Africa or the nations sufferings should be what counts. Do one great thing today... That's what we should live by. If we let people tell us that it's pointless then we prove them wrong. This is me. Proving you wrong.

This is not "one great thing", it is just another way to throw money at Africa and not solve any of it's problems. Kony is not the only warlord Africa has. Killing him will do nothing but open the door for the next warlord.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By PikminMania

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

This is not "one great thing", it is just another way to throw money at Africa and not solve any of it's problems. Kony is not the only warlord Africa has. Killing him will do nothing but open the door for the next warlord.

THANK YOU!! I see Kony 2012 on every Youtube video I watch and it jut annoys the hell out of me at this point. Everyone thinks that putting up a poster of Kony will all of a sudden end all rape and violence in Africa.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

This is the sad and real truth. The culture needs to change. All we americans do is just throw money at a problem and think it's gonna go away. It wont!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lykopis said:

Knowledge is power.

And power corrupts.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By moywar700

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@lykopis said:

Knowledge is power.

And power corrupts.

"with great power comes with great responsibility."

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@moywar700: That applies with a strong sense of morality.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lykopis: Only when power is shared which doesn't really happen in that region. But most of the times, those in power only seek to attain more power. Look at Russia with Putin. They will war for power and the bloody circle will continue cause that's the culture. Change that, and you have the chance to give power to the people, but with corrupt governments.....I fear for those people.

@moywar700 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@lykopis said:

Knowledge is power.

And power corrupts.

I remember the quote now. "With Great Power Comes Great Opportunity."

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lykopis said:

@moywar700 said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@lykopis said:

Knowledge is power.

And power corrupts.

In that case, powerful countries should step up and do something. The international community, not just one country. This is a multi-national effort.

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@moywar700: That applies with a strong sense of morality.

Strings attached? Because one person's morality is another person's bonds. Uganda has to be supported in making these changes under their own directive. As soon as they prove they are capable, other countries in similar situations will rise up (at least, that's the hope). It's an investment in these countries futures - countries that potentially can become strong allies, both economically and on the world stage. There is a broader picture here.

1. I agree. But it must be more than donations from people and countries. Donations will change nothing. It's people's way of saying they helped when in reality it doesn't do enough. But if Syria/Liberia has taught of anything, even when they denounce leaders, they will fight to remain.

2. Yes, but the Uganda government is HIGHLY corrupt. They will use the vacuum of power to put someone who pulls face for the international community then goes back to the old ways. Removing one man will not change anything. These stories have played out time and time again and will do so in Military states. We live in Democratic countries, but we don't see the true horror of Military/Warlord lead states. They don't think about unity. They think about survival. The Governments of these nations are no different. They beat their people down to the point that once they join the military then repeat the process of beating down the population if only to not go back down to peasant level. The ideologies we hold sacred don't always apply to regions like this. My point is: This won't break the cycle. Awareness is good, but action is the only thing that will matter.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By _Zombie_

People should read this before or after watching Kony 2012:

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/03/07/guest_post_joseph_kony_is_not_in_uganda_and_other_complicated_things

Now, I am all for solving these problems. Do not get me wrong on this point. I'm just saying that..

• Kony hasn't been in Uganda for around 6 years. Him and the LRA operate in remote parts of the DRC, South Sudan, and the Central African Republic(paraphrasing/quoting the article here)
    • He does not have "30,000 mindless child soldiers". This is how many he's abducted over the years. He is down to at most 1000, at the least a couple hundred.

Quite honestly, the only way we're going to 'stop him', and others like him, is to kill them and keep killing them until they stop. Awareness is good and all.. but you can't take down a warlord based on awareness. It takes brute force, as I highly doubt someone like Kony is going to listen to a charity campaign and stop doing what he's been doing for.. what, 20 years?

Ugandan military isn't such a good idea either. Last time I checked, their record wasn't exactly clean.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_Assassin_

Bet half the people who've watched this video had to google Uganda to find out anything about it...

Sorry to burst your bubble people, but giving money isn't gonna get rid of Kony, and a lot of those kids are doped up on drugs and brainwashed, their more likely to shoot you than come running to you for help.

Only way your gonna get rid of him is for the people there to stand up to them, not by protesting either, that'll just piss him off and he'll have his soldiers (children included) open fire on them. They'll need guns not strong words and a video on Youtube.

Worlds a sh*thole. A bunch of people clicking buttons on there computers to give money to a cause, no matter how noble the cause, isn't going to make it better.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lykopis: Yes, but the group wants to give money to Uganda military to take Kony down. They are hardly any better than Kony. Hard to make the lesser of two evils choice when both are just as evil. Even if you try to hunt him down like we did Osama, if he dies....You may cause riots, perhaps Civil War as they will gather people using that Foreign powers are trying to force their will on their people. This is an EXTREMELY delicate matter.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By _Zombie_

@lykopis said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/03/07/guest_post_joseph_kony_is_not_in_uganda_and_other_complicated_things

Now, I am all for solving these problems. Do not get me wrong on this point. I'm just saying that..

• Kony hasn't been in Uganda for around 6 years. Him and the LRA operate in remote parts of the DRC, South Sudan, and the Central African Republic(paraphrasing/quoting the article here)
    • He does not have "30,000 mindless child soldiers". This is how many he's abducted over the years. He is down to at most 1000, at the least a couple hundred.

Quite honestly, the only way we're going to 'stop him', and others like him, is to kill them and keep killing them until they stop. Awareness is good and all.. but you can't take down a warlord based on awareness. It takes brute force, as I highly doubt someone like Kony is going to listen to a charity campaign and stop doing what he's been doing for.. what, 20 years?

Ugandan military isn't such a good idea either. Last time I checked, their record wasn't exactly clean.

I agree with most of your points - and I was aware off all of them, except in the year 2011 - there has been an upswing of kidnappings again, indicating that Kony has become strong once more since he's gone into hiding and is planning a resurgence. That is why time is of the essence, this monster needs to be stopped before he becomes as strong as before. Imagine the message sent to other groups like his if he does?

And isn't 30,000 ruined lives of children horrid on its own? Because he is down to 1000, doesn't negate the crimes against his earlier victims.

Most military in third world countries don't have clean records, but with the world watching, their tactics certainly change for the better.

Addressing the bolded part: I never said that. I was just stating facts. I am in no way denying the deplorability of his actions. Just that I wish this video would be more accurate on the facts of what's going on.

And maybe they would clean up their act, but when the rest of the world moves on, who's to say they won't just go back to whatever they want to do?

I'm also somewhat against more military involvement in any country. At least us directly. Yeah, train the Ugandan military, but keep it at that. Don't deploy troops just to find him and take him out. If we do that, we could get into a whole international mess we don't need to get into. Thing is about pointing out the fact that he's not in Uganda.. would it be wise to train the Ugandan military to go after him? I myself would say no, but that's not a bad thing. We should train them to keep an eye out and be ready to take him down if they find out he does return to Uganda. Maybe have one nation in the UN give their military training to Uganda, then have others handle the places he's suspected to be operating in. That way, each country can handle it if the situation arises or if Kony and the LRA are found in their country.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By _Zombie_

@Mikepool said:

Bet half the people who've watched this video had to google Uganda to find out anything about it...

Sorry to burst your bubble people, but giving money isn't gonna get rid of Kony, and a lot of those kids are doped up on drugs and brainwashed, their more likely to shoot you than come running to you for help.

Only way your gonna get rid of him is for the people there to stand up to them, not by protesting either, that'll just piss him off and he'll have his soldiers (children included) open fire on them. They'll need guns not strong words and a video on Youtube.

Worlds a sh*thole. A bunch of people clicking buttons on there computers to give money to a cause, no matter how noble the cause, isn't going to make it better.

I agree with this. Awareness and all that is good and whatnot, but it's not practical compared to just plain taking the guy out. Unfortunately, doing so is a delicate matter in and of itself.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By _Zombie_

@lykopis said:

@ZombieBigfoot: Agreed. Your solution sounds very feasible to me. Hopefully its one our countries will consider.

I won't deny being a cynic, so I doubt it. Most of them are too busy screwing themselves over to help fix this situation.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Assassin_

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Mikepool said:

I agree with this. Awareness and all that is good and whatnot, but it's not practical compared to just plain taking the guy out. Unfortunately, doing so is a delicate matter in and of itself.

We could take out Kony whenever we please, but we can't just send Special Operations into to kill everyone we don't like... we'll we could but we won't.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lykopis said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@lykopis: Yes, but the group wants to give money to Uganda military to take Kony down. They are hardly any better than Kony. Hard to make the lesser of two evils choice when both are just as evil. Even if you try to hunt him down like we did Osama, if he dies....You may cause riots, perhaps Civil War as they will gather people using that Foreign powers are trying to force their will on their people. This is an EXTREMELY delicate matter.

True. But - this group SPECIFICALLY stated they have not purchased weapons for the Ugandan military - and furthermore - its to help support the 100 American advisors already sent to train the military is seeking out this rebel leader. We can't say definitively that they (the military - the government) will not be better than Koney, especially with the world watching. That's the thing. It's awareness and SUSTAINED interest that will make a profound impact.

There will be no riots - this is an initiative that has the Ugandan people at the forefront. Its crucial. This isn't like hunting down Obama - the only people sympathetic to Kony is other groups with the same ambitions as him. And we should target them all next.

That's taking this group at their word which multiple sites have said isn't worth much as they have been under some form of investigation more than once. Hell, they donate less than 40% of the money they receive to go to the people from donates: That is a major red flag right there. Making the world aware is all good and should be applauded, but the accusations that this group is facing brings this whole thing into question. I am a skeptic so I have to question why were they under investigation, Why have they apparently repeatedly mislead information on Kony, and why DON'T they donate more. We both agree action must be taken, but we will have to agree to disagree on who should be involved and how to go about this. But I do appreciate the debate. You have justified your points soundly. Now we will have to watch events play out.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By _Zombie_

@Mikepool said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Mikepool said:

We could take out Kony whenever we please, but we can't just send Special Operations into to kill everyone we don't like... we'll we could but we won't.

We could, and risk people finding out the U.S. got directly involved in someone else's s**t again, thus making the world's view of us even worse. Isn't really worth it, tbh.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lykopis: Indeed. It's just another sad event to come to light while there is fighting in Afghanistan and Syria, and nuclear tensions with Iran. One can only hope and work for a better tomorrow than what we have today.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_Assassin_

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Mikepool said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Mikepool said:

We could, and risk people finding out the U.S. got directly involved in someone else's s**t again, thus making the world's view of us even worse. Isn't really worth it, tbh.

True true... I have always wanted to visit Africa though... but I'm not to fond of the idea of having to possibly shoot kids... or Malaria...

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SkybornLord
    @Kiara_Sullivan said:

. Anyone remember the comic company I wanted to start a few years back? Comics for Poverty? A non profit organization that was meant to help those in need? No it didn't work out. But if I remember correctly my main goal was for children and families in Africa and nations of the like.

I'd totally sponsor you. We should do it. I mean, I don't have money right now, but I will, and when I do, I'd sponsor you.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _Zombie_

@lykopis said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@lykopis said:

@ZombieBigfoot: Agreed. Your solution sounds very feasible to me. Hopefully its one our countries will consider.

I won't deny being a cynic, so I doubt it. Most of them are too busy screwing themselves over to help fix this situation.

I won't deny being an idealist, so I have to hope. I can't argue with your second sentence ---- at least, not how things stand now. But my plan is to change that too - at least in my country in the future.

Making any significant change in the U.S. right now is like hitting one's head against a brick wall, so it'll take awhile before anything changes here.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Raiiyn

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Just because he may not be in Uganda does mean he is not an Ugandan problem. The terrors hes committed is still an Ugandan issue.

The amount of children he has now is irrelevant. The video states he HAS abducted OVER 30,000 children. It never states he still has them all. Truth be told, most are now dead thanks to him.

It is not about him listening to the campaign, it's about the World Powers listening to this campaign and keeping the awareness level up so that they don't get to back down and pretend its not happening. It's about making a difference. We are a WORLD COMMUNITY. EVERYONE deserves the right to feel safe, have a home, have bread on their table and the opportunity to do and be all that they can.

The Ugandan military is obviously not good enough for the job. That's the reason for this campaign. To get them the technological equipment they need and the advisors that Barrack Obama has sent over to help them be ALL THAT THEY CAN so that THEY can make a difference in THEIR country.

@Mikepool said:

The money helps. Its thought process' like yours that prevent everyone from doing something good. Clicking a button and donating money helps the Ugandan military gets the equipment you say they need.

@lykopis said:

Knowledge is power.

Yes, knowledge is power. And knowledge of world affairs and knowing that you ARE capable of making a difference is key to setting the wrongs of this world right.

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

It's a beginning. 'Throwing Money' at Africa for this problem is a way to raise awareness. To let the world inhabitants know that this is not okay. We CANNOT allow this to continue happening.

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

Right I finally watched the entire video. And all I can say is wow.

I see a lot of people saying "Oh if we stop him there will be someone to take up where he left off." That isn't the point. If we stop this one we can stop the next, the one who comes after them, and the ones that come after them. The point here is that we as an international community have the power to stop the atrocities put before us. And yet we sit back and do nothing. Sure we have a movement every once in awhile but its nothing compared to the level of action that IC is calling for.

I myself am signing up right now. I support this campaign whole heartedly. WE as a people can and should stand together. Set aside our own difference and support this common purpose. Most will ignore this but as someone who has watched my nieces and nephews grow up, and would never want this for them, I can't just sit back and ignore it. I refuse. Kony must be stopped. As well as anyone else who follows.

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

Here's the thing. Invisible Children may have a reputation of being shady with their finances. But what other group is offering this much media to a cause? Or even rallying together people internationally? (The ASPCA and For The Children Infomercials don't count) Even if a small portion of my donation goes to paying someone to produce videos and the like, then I deem it a very beneficial donation. Not to me but to those children who are in the end getting this help.

I'm seeing a lot of criticism here. People saying "Oh so we care about Africa now?" We've always cared about Africa. Always wanted to help the poverty ridden. Just because you may have forgotten doesn't mean the rest of us have. Anyone remember the comic company I wanted to start a few years back? Comics for Poverty? A non profit organization that was meant to help those in need? No it didn't work out. But if I remember correctly my main goal was for children and families in Africa and nations of the like.

If you can sit back and criticize what IC is doing, then you are not helping at all. You are looking for excuses to not help and live in your own world where you don't have to worry about these things. You don't have to donate but you could spread the word. If you share this with one person and they share it with two people then you are in effect spreading the word. And at the end of the day that's all that is being asked.

This is why we need the awareness. We need more people like you Kiara in this world.

Spread the word, Make him Famous. <- Get attention, people will see, will learn about the problems we face. It's high past we stop ignoring the problems of the world. We are humans, we are all the same. There is no reason for anyone to have less rights then anyone else.

@dreadmaster said:

I sympathize with these kids and really sorry to hear that happens to them, but America cannot waste anymore of it's resources bringing another war to Uganda's front. We can barely protect ourselves. Pretty inconvenient time for America to start caring about other people besides themselves.

Right because America has so many issues. The entire population is starving and Hollywood has stopped making movies that the mindless droids can no longer watch.. right. Comparing the fact that the USA has hit a rough patch is the EXACT same as children dying from lack of medical advances, non-drinkable water and NO access to food. Yea, I forgot ... The USA is a third world country now.

@t1774ny said:

These children deserve to live as children and not be treated like soldiers or like prostitutes. These people in Africa are people and they never should have been invisible.

World News: Some celebrity is dead, yeah so? That's just one life compared to thousands that need more attention because they are suffering more than anyone could imagine.

If you can't give money the least you can give is your time, attention and a click of a mouse to spread the word!

So very true.

@PikminMania said:

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

@TheNooseIsLoose said:

THANK YOU!! I see Kony 2012 on every Youtube video I watch and it jut annoys the hell out of me at this point. Everyone thinks that putting up a poster of Kony will all of a sudden end all rape and violence in Africa.

Its not about the end. It's about a beginning. The beginning of finally taking the much needed steps to end the strife of third world countries in general. Every little step brings us closer to our goal. The goal of having all humans safe, happy, fed and with a roof over their heads without the fear of being taken away from it.

@lykopis said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

True. But - this group SPECIFICALLY stated they have not purchased weapons for the Ugandan military - and furthermore - its to help support the 100 American advisors already sent to train the military is seeking out this rebel leader. We can't say definitively that they (the military - the government) will not be better than Koney, especially with the world watching. That's the thing. It's awareness and SUSTAINED interest that will make a profound impact.

There will be no riots - this is an initiative that has the Ugandan people at the forefront. Its crucial. This isn't like hunting down Obama - the only people sympathetic to Kony is other groups with the same ambitions as him. And we should target them all next.

Exactly. This is a domino effect. You start with one and watch the rest fall.

@lykopis said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: It's actually only 30% they spend on Uganda - another 30% is on media/film/marketing costs and **ahem** the remaining funds (in part), contain 85k a year salaries to the brothers that run it. So yeah - not altogether emptying their pockets for their cause....

They were cleared of wrong doing in the last investigation, but only because this information was provided and released. We all need to stay informed, and do what we can. For me, my focus is on government involvement. I am very active where I am, and that's where most of energies are expended on.

I really enjoyed this - and I have learned quite at bit, thank you. :)

Thanks for the breakdown. So yea, maybe some staff has an 85k salary... but living costs are expensive and while yea, they make enough to live comfortably, by no means are they making substantial amounts of money while doing nothing. I for one agree with an earlier statement that said earlier. If putting a few extra dollars into the pockets of people who are trying to make a difference and are actively pursuing leads to something greater, then I am all for it.

This discussion has been great! It's so good to see everyone's points of views and I heartened by the fact that so many people, while they may not agree with the means, still agree something must be done. So sorry for the long post but it seemed to have taken me a while to join in on the discussion!

Peace & Love<3

Raiiyn

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Raiiyn: The Ugandan Military? Two words, Entebbe Raid.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Raiiyn

@Mikepool: Would you care to elaborate? The Ugandan actions after this event were terrible yes, and in no way do I condone them. I wonder though, does you bringing it up mean that you would have the children pay for the mistakes of the fathers? We should turn a blind eye to the atrocities in Uganda based on the fact that the government contains evil people? Yes. Let the children suffer. Of course, that is the answer. Blame an entire populace for the actions of their government over 40 years ago.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Raiiyn: No I don't recall saying that. Being the military myself I'm saying I wouldn't trust the Ugandan Military to guard a pile of lion sh*t, let alone effectively combat the LRA.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Raiiyn

@Mikepool: Thanks for the clarification. I was seriously worried there for a second. And I understand your thought process on military, but its about teaching them and helping them become better, is it not? My godfather is a bomb tech and he spends most of his time in third world countries and the stories he brings home and the pictures and the people I meet through him via skype breaks my heart. He's part of the Canadian effort to bring about a better place for those less fortunate and I say we should encourage Uganda and other countries like them to better themselves, learn from past mistakes and use this opportunity to bring about a better life for their populace.

The USA has deployed help to Uganda in hopes of advising them how to handle the LRA. This entire project is meant to keep that support active so that your worries no longer have a foundation. As well, encourage other world powers to do the same. I would hope that since you are so worried over their military, having US troops there to help guide them would provide you with solace.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Raiiyn: My solution

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kony: Yes I train child soldiers, what Uganda do about it?

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Raiiyn

@Mikepool: LMAAAOOOOO

Not even going to lie, I somewhat like your solution.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kony - Putting the "infant" back in infantry

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Raiiyn:

No Caption Provided
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...to catch them is my real test, to train them is my caaauuuse Konymon!

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kony Montana says "say hello to my little friends!"

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Raiiyn
    No Caption Provided

@Mikepool:

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Raiiyn: And he would have gotten away with it... If it wasn't for those meddling kids

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Raiiyn so y'all need to hide yo kids!

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The_Assassin_

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Cause they kidnappin' er'body up in here!

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Raiiyn

@Mikepool: @The Man of Yesteryear:

No Caption Provided

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Raiiyn
    No Caption Provided

@Mikepool said:

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Cause they kidnappin' er'body up in here!

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Raiiyn: @The Man of Yesteryear:

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what's kony's favorite artist? Stoulja Boy!

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@SkybornLord said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

. Anyone remember the comic company I wanted to start a few years back? Comics for Poverty? A non profit organization that was meant to help those in need? No it didn't work out. But if I remember correctly my main goal was for children and families in Africa and nations of the like.

I'd totally sponsor you. We should do it. I mean, I don't have money right now, but I will, and when I do, I'd sponsor you.

lol Thanks but I think someones already doing it. Can't remember if it's MArvel or DC. (Leaning towards DC)

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@TheNooseIsLoose: @PikminMania: @TheGreyOutcastX:

Donations aren't what I am trying to inspire here. Action is what I am trying to get. I agree that we waste way to much money. I am donating yes. But I think everyone should at least share the video and their thoughts on the situation. What better way to spread the word and "Make him Famous" then that? After all we should allow everyone else to form their own opinions on these things.

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SkybornLord
    @Kiara_Sullivan: But they're still profit. We'd be non. People would respect u-you, more.
    Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

@SkybornLord: I dunno. It fell through the last time and I had a lot of support for it. I'd love to do it again but I'm not sure how many would stand behind me after the last failed attempt. Plus Nobody doesn't come around anymore. It was partially his idea as well.

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
    TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

@Kiara_Sullivan: If you want action, than be active. Don't just be another one of these armchair preachers spreading around the 'make him famous' stuff. Write your Representatives, write the President, write anyone you think can actually help Africa and tell your friends to do the same. Hell, tones of people on this site are writers, if your one of them use that skill for good. Research the problem and write an article, then try and get anyone that will print it to do that. Donate to organizations like the Heifer project that actually teach people how to help themselves, instead of just throwing money at them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.