Kony 2012, please watch.

• 182 results
#1 Edited by Daywing (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't see this anywhere on the vine, so I'm spreading the word. Please help this great cause. 

#2 Posted by Daywing (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not showing up on my browser, so I'll try again and here's the link just in case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Kony is such an a*s...

#4 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam Childers will kill him dead

#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@0blivion_: importance , but it would be great if he is impotent. Then again maybe that is his justification for doing all that jazz, which has a good phycological backing. Hrmmm....

#6 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@0blivion_: Impotent meant the inability to reproduce if I recall correctly, and yes it is an important issue but results will be gotten faster if somebody paid a man or woman to bury bullets inside his brain.

Sh!t happens man

#7 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerx: I am confused... Ah you seeing lot's of bad stuff happens, what makes this more important? That's the vibe I am getting?

#8 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to post this but it allready is posted.

#9 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: just saying that we should work on whatever we can work on so it does not get any worse, procrastination is the seed of death

#10 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this all over Facebook today. I'm watching the video off and on so I haven't grasped what it is about just yet.

@Nerx: Stop while you are ahead hun.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

I've seen this all over Facebook today. I'm watching the video off and on so I haven't grasped what it is about just yet.

It's about the 50 millionth regime in Africa to use child soldiers and how they must be stopped.

Standard stuff, really. The only difference is that it's paying attention to the internet generation, so it's spreading like a virus.

#12 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Thanks for the summary Ivy :P

#13 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: okay dear

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Kiara_Sullivan said:

It's about the 50 millionth regime in Africa to use child soldiers and how they must be stopped.

Standard stuff, really. The only difference is that it's paying attention to the internet generation, so it's spreading like a virus.

Well - its more concise than that - this Kony individual tops the world's list for most crimes committed against humanity. He creates child soldiers (as does many other regimes, I know) except he is the most prolific (thirty thousand and counting). If we start at the top - be successful, then maybe the message will be conveyed to other such monsters that the world is looking - is caring? It's a great virus to spread.

Unless the world is armed and about to execute the monster, I doubt they'd care.

#15 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: @lykopis:

Rather than rallying for a slow movement that money should create a bounty to give an incentive for people to kill him

#16 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

Right I finally watched the entire video. And all I can say is wow.

I see a lot of people saying "Oh if we stop him there will be someone to take up where he left off." That isn't the point. If we stop this one we can stop the next, the one who comes after them, and the ones that come after them. The point here is that we as an international community have the power to stop the atrocities put before us. And yet we sit back and do nothing. Sure we have a movement every once in awhile but its nothing compared to the level of action that IC is calling for.

I myself am signing up right now. I support this campaign whole heartedly. WE as a people can and should stand together. Set aside our own difference and support this common purpose. Most will ignore this but as someone who has watched my nieces and nephews grow up, and would never want this for them, I can't just sit back and ignore it. I refuse. Kony must be stopped. As well as anyone else who follows.

#17 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a good time....

#19 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
why has it taken so long to come together to go after this guy ? 
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
People don't care as much about Africa as they pretend to.
#21 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

STOP. AT. NOTHING.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@King Saturn said:
People don't care as much about Africa as they pretend to.
yep
#23 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4214 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the tears! -shakes fist-

#24 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

bump :)

#26 Posted by Daywing (4443 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by t1774ny (19 posts) - - Show Bio

These children deserve to live as children and not be treated like soldiers or like prostitutes. These people in Africa are people and they never should have been invisible.

World News: Some celebrity is dead, yeah so? That's just one life compared to thousands that need more attention because they are suffering more than anyone could imagine.

If you can't give money the least you can give is your time, attention and a click of a mouse to spread the word!

#28 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this just another video to help save Africa, the only difference is the video has gone viral. I've never help africa before though I've have been charitable before. It leave me a feeling of wonder that people suddenly starting to care about Africa.

#29 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the thing. Invisible Children may have a reputation of being shady with their finances. But what other group is offering this much media to a cause? Or even rallying together people internationally? (The ASPCA and For The Children Infomercials don't count) Even if a small portion of my donation goes to paying someone to produce videos and the like, then I deem it a very beneficial donation. Not to me but to those children who are in the end getting this help.

I'm seeing a lot of criticism here. People saying "Oh so we care about Africa now?" We've always cared about Africa. Always wanted to help the poverty ridden. Just because you may have forgotten doesn't mean the rest of us have. Anyone remember the comic company I wanted to start a few years back? Comics for Poverty? A non profit organization that was meant to help those in need? No it didn't work out. But if I remember correctly my main goal was for children and families in Africa and nations of the like.

If you can sit back and criticize what IC is doing, then you are not helping at all. You are looking for excuses to not help and live in your own world where you don't have to worry about these things. You don't have to donate but you could spread the word. If you share this with one person and they share it with two people then you are in effect spreading the word. And at the end of the day that's all that is being asked.

Spread the word, Make him Famous.

#30 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan:Here Henry sums up quite well why people are reluctant to help Africa in any way.

And moreover this would only be a very temporary solution. You get rid of Kony and he will just be replaced by another Warlord. What we really need to stop is Hunger. You end hunger and you end many of the worlds problems, not just one.

#31 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30074 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheNooseIsLoose: This is just one step. If we can get this to work then why can we not do the same for hunger campaigns?

#32 Posted by TheNooseIsLoose (1900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kiara_Sullivan: Because when and if we do get him everyone will just go "YAY! We got him!...back to facebook" and they'll go back to not caring because this campaign does a lot to shine a light on only one of Africa's many many many problems while ignoring all the others. Hunger is the cornerstone of the African Crisis. Without hunger the warlords have no leverage, the single mothers have no reason to sell their bodies to AIDS infected men, ect.

#33 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think Unknown Soldier got it right...put a bullet in his head right here and now and be done with it.

#34 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, just kill the guy.
BB

#35 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7596 posts) - - Show Bio

Just get someone to kill him, and be done with it.

#36 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

I honestly think Unknown Soldier got it right...put a bullet in his head right here and now and be done with it.

@Billy Batson said:

Ah, just kill the guy.
BB

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Just get someone to kill him, and be done with it.

this probably won't work... because someone would take his place... and whoever did would probably be even worse because they would be trying to fight harder for the cause and their lost leader. 
#37 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn:

Kill the next one?
BB

#38 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@King Saturn:

Kill the next one?
BB

exactly

kill someone violently enough and other people will be too afraid to put themselves in his position

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@King Saturn:

Kill the next one?
BB

exactly

kill someone violently enough and other people will be too afraid to put themselves in his position

Knife to the eye!
BB

#40 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@King Saturn:

Kill the next one?
BB

@aztek_the_lost said:

@Billy Batson said:

@King Saturn:

Kill the next one?
BB

exactly

you would have to kill several of them to get the point across... 
#41 Edited by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I sympathize with these kids and really sorry to hear that happens to them, but America cannot waste anymore of it's resources bringing another war to Uganda's front. We can barely protect ourselves. Pretty inconvenient time for America to start caring about other people besides themselves.

#42 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4214 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: interesting article -taps chin-

#44 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom: Indeed.

*Blows bubbles out of fake pipe*

#45 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadmaster said:

I sympathize with these kids and really sorry to hear that happens to them, but America cannot waste anymore of it's resources bringing another war to Uganda's front. We can barely protect ourselves. Pretty inconvenient time for America to start caring about other people besides themselves.

exactly!!! our country is falling apart around us and everyone wants us to jump into another war??? how about we concentrate on fixing our own country and give the whole "world's police" thing a rest

#46 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4214 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: "The three young founders are enjoying $85,000+ per year salaries, plus expenses paid and other perks, at the very least."

that's bonkers...

I do like how the article basically states if you had an emotional reaction to this video it's only because you don't know the whole truth. lol. The video made me cry but that's because I'm a big gay softy.

#47 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom: I'm a big gay softy too, the video just kinda bores me. =P

I'm also a big gay cynic, in case you hadn't realized.

#48 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4214 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@DoomDoomDoom:

I knew there was a reason I followed you, lol.

#49 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@DoomDoomDoom:

I knew there was a reason I followed you, lol.

Aw, thanks. =P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.