Jonathan Hickman - Indie Works

#1 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Last night I bought "Test Pattern" a collection of five of Hickman's Indie mini-series off of Comixology.

I'd read and enjoyed his Fantastic Four series and the sale (still going on) was so good that I thought it'd be a good gable.

Having now finished Pax Romana (I tore through it last night) I can say that if you're interested in a unique, thoughtful comic, and a departure from many of the tropes we gripe about at times, this is a great buy.

Has anyone else read and enjoyed any Hickman works, weather they be Transhuman, Red Mass for Mars, The Nightly News, etc?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery: Manhattan Projects is AMAZING. You should ABSOLUTELY read it.

#3 Posted by impossibilly (886 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really tempted to get in on the Hickman Test Pattern sale. I've heard only good things.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58069 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightly News was terrific.
BB

#5 Edited by Night Thrasher (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightly News is great! I haven't read Manhattan Projects yet but I'm probably gonna get the trades and wait for the full series to complete and get the whole set off ebay. After reading his Fantastic Four run, Hickman became my favorite writer period!

#6 Edited by The_Tree (7522 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked The Red Wing and The Nightly News. I couldn't get into Transhuman or A Red Mass for Mars, though.

#7 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.