inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
     Jonah Hex marches forward, with a feature length film on the way. This latest issue is much like a few other recent books, it's more of a one-shot than anything. These past few issues have been real strong, and incredibly enjoyable. This newest issue follows the short life of Billy Dynamite, and he's exactly what you think: A kid with some dynamite. 

The Good

This is the best western book currently on the market. It's also one of DC's better books overall. Gray and Palmiotti have a great run on this book.  The best part about this is every story, in its own right, is a one-shot. Occasionally, there is a story arc, but I like these one-issue stories better. The character Billy Dynamite, although he'll only be in this issue, was pretty awesome. I love revenge stories and this one is doubly full of some fantastic Western-style revenge. The art is great in this issue, and it makes the old west come alive. If you've ever wanted to read a western and don't know where to start, try here.

The Bad

Is it too cliche yet to say my least favorite thing about this issue was that it ended? Next to issue 50, this is my favorite issue of the series. Heck, I may like this one better than issue 50.

The Verdict -   5/5

This book has become one of my favorites to read. Usually, it gets a 4 out of 5 with no problem, but I really loved this story. It had everything I wanted in a western: gun fights, outlaws, dynamite, and lots of western hat action too. If you've ever been interested in a western style book, or Jonah Hex, do yourself a favor and pick this issue up.
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Green ankh

I have been iterested in Hex for years.  and yetI had never picked up an issue till a few issues back. And that was due to how good the movie was looking. I have to admit that i really enjoyed the four issues i got. I also love the fact that the stories are self contained. I wasn't sure if i was going to pick this one up but now i will for sure.
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Bobby X

This is my fav series right now so I'm right there with you. I love the one-shotty format of this book  and have always had a soft spot for everything Western. #53 was my fav lately but I have yet to pick this one up so that may change... 

good review
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Bobby X: I have a softspot for tough kids with attitude that can back it up
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

People need to read this BEFORE seeing the movie to see how Jonah Hex is supposed to be.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Benzo

can't wait to pick this up! :D

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123

It was okay. I just picked up this series a few issues back. I want an arc. Maybe these one shots will pull into an arc.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @G-Man said:
    " People need to read this BEFORE seeing the movie to see how Jonah Hex is supposed to be. "
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure the upcoming film will not do the comic justice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.