The Actual JONAH HEX Trailer

• 73 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Seconds before he whips out the gatling guns.

This here is the actual trailer, not the preview to the trailer we ran earlier. So how does it look? Not half bad. Is it ridiculous? Yes. But that’s kind of what I’d want in a Weird Western. I’ll reserve judgment ‘till I actually see the thing.

You can already see some differences from the comics here. Hex gets his signature scars from a cattle-brand in the movie, not over a sacred ritual tomahawk fight, like in the comics. It’s an easy way to tie hi origin to the nemesis Malkovich is playing - - making his revenge quest mighty more personal.  Although, Hex also doesn’t have a bugged-out eye like the comics, either - - which I can understand. You can’t make him TOO ugly if his face is going to splashed all over posters, billboards and t-shirts. I imagine that you’ll see some similar compromise when (or if) the DEADPOOL movie ever gets off the ground. I really doubt you’ll be seeing Ryan Reynolds running around the entire time in a mask, only for his face to look like raw hamburger whenever he takes it off.

The other significant difference I see is that Hex has been given some supernatural powers, here. I don’t recall that being the case in the comics. Sure, a hex is a spell, but I figure he was named thusly because he fought against the supernatural, not because he was actually supernatural himself.

While we’re speaking of what won’t make the transition from the comics, I can say with absolutely certainty that you’ll never see the Autumn Brothers from the RIDERS OF THE WORM AND SUCH mini-series. DC had to go through quite a legal hassle over their inclusion in the comics - - first with the famous Winter Brothers, then with the National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation. I seriously doubt they’d want to go through that again.

Anyway, here’s the trailer for y’all… 
== TEASER == 

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks bad@$$ for a western

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

looks amazing, Megan Fox, Josh Brolin, and John Malkovich are three of my all time favorite actors, and Jonah Hex is one of my favorite comics, so this is pure win.

#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

alot different from teaser , looking cool

#4 Posted by Scoobypuff (127 posts) - - Show Bio

looking foward to it

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Hex, but this is making me want to.

#6 Posted by inferiorego (20588 posts) - - Show Bio

.... I am no longer excited

Staff
#7 Posted by RATZGobbler (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't no favorite o' mine seein' the little miss Fox there, plum too young if you ask me. But I reckon back in them days when them bandits savages were roamin' the west, men'd want 'em girls real young.

#8 Posted by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Miss Fox? WHY MUST YOU TORMENT US WITH YOUR CHEAP COUNTRY ACCENT???!!!!!! AND YOU'RE TOO DAMN YOUNG FOR JOSH BROLIN, WOMAN!!!!!! ICK!!!!!!

#9 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhhhhh...did anyone else get a Constantine feeling from that trailer....that's not a good feeling

#10 Posted by EisforExtinction (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Lance Reddick and John Malkovich are too good for this movie.

#11 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" uhhhhhh...did anyone else get a Constantine feeling from that trailer....that's not a good feeling "
why not, Constantine was a great movie?
#12 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
" uhhhhhh...did anyone else get a Constantine feeling from that trailer....that's not a good feeling "
why not, Constantine was a great movie? "
you're like the only one who thinks that
#13 Posted by inferiorego (20588 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
@inferiorego said:
" .... I am no longer excited "
I'll still see it because I love the comic, but this looks craptastic..... Maybe it will at least be a fun summer action film.
Staff
#14 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: because constantine was the same horrible mess this is shaping up to be. Was it intertaining? Yes. Was it absolutely aweful? Double yes. Did i buy the blu-ray? You know it.
#15 Posted by Green ankh (997 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to this. Even with not being able to stand Fox or John Malkovich    
#16 Posted by KRYPTON (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

If I can say, when did jonah hex become a super powered guy. When did he ever use magic? He's Jonah Hex. Sure he got his face hurt bad, but really when did he get powers?

#17 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
why not, Constantine was a great movie? "
you're like the only one who thinks that "
not true, Aztek and Mistressredhead agree.
#18 Edited by movieartman (777 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd:
shes playing a western hooker age is not a issue
#19 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fire-brand said:
" @Caligula: because constantine was the same horrible mess this is shaping up to be. Was it intertaining? Yes. Was it absolutely aweful? Double yes. Did i buy the blu-ray? You know it. "
but in the end the film should be entertaining and that's all that matters, of course it wasn't accurate to the comics, which was irritating at first, but if you watched you know the movie was good regardless of the fact.
#20 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow they really made Megan Fox look different and sound different but i don't think shes wearing no make-up.

#21 Posted by robokungfu (177 posts) - - Show Bio

This trailer can be summed up as "how many horrible lines and cheese-ball scenes can we cram into one trailer?"

#22 Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting, probably will see.
#23 Posted by ManuelPrez (131 posts) - - Show Bio
@brendon277: she's using make-up but its a more natural tone.
#24 Posted by immortalfireboy (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks terrible.

#25 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" .... I am no longer excited "
You and me both....
#26 Posted by gotjoe11 (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  more of a ghost rider feeling i think... that's not better .
#27 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read Hex, but I love Westerns.  Not too crazy about Fox being in this though 
Still looks fun.
#28 Posted by NightFang (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool.

#29 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  I might have to agree with him. Constantine was watchable to say the least
#30 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO!!!!! I dont think theres much more out there that can top all the ridiculousness in this trailer. Horses w gatling guns, Non-Acting actrresses, and crossbow dynamite!!!  I will still prob see it though either on dvd or if there nothing better to do

#31 Posted by Day Hunter (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this looks really good in my opinion lol. I've not read Hex before but I'm gonna have to change that.

#32 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

looks SICK!!!

#33 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

stupid, and I still see why people just hate meggan fox. 
#34 Posted by modmyth (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!
#35 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

PURE AWESOMENESS AND BADASSNES
#36 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

did any of u guy see the scene in the trailer shes was naked and on top

#37 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

The weapons look pretty fun.

#38 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man:  Nope, I shove hot coals into my eyes when that woman in is on any screen. But I'll bare with it to see this.
#39 Posted by Quest (108 posts) - - Show Bio

awsome
#40 Posted by League of Theives (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good....Only bad thing i saw was the supernatural powers...And like i alwasy say dont knock it till you try it....

#41 Posted by zombietag (1481 posts) - - Show Bio
@robokungfu said:
" This trailer can be summed up as "how many horrible lines and cheese-ball scenes can we cram into one trailer?" "
bingo? doesnt look great....
#42 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nyogtha said:
" @GT-Man:  Nope, I shove hot coals into my eyes when that woman in is on any screen. But I'll bare with it to see this. "

y
#43 Edited by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd said:

" Why Miss Fox? WHY MUST YOU TORMENT US WITH YOUR CHEAP COUNTRY ACCENT???!!!!!! AND YOU'RE TOO DAMN YOUNG FOR JOSH BROLIN, WOMAN!!!!!! ICK!!!!!! "

Actually, I think she is from the south. I could be wrong. But then again, this is a Western, not a Southern! :D
#44 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it could be Ghost Rider levels of terrible, or Shoot Em Up levels of entertaining.

I really, really hope it's the latter.

#45 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFL!
This looks like the funniest movie.
The horrible writing and acting will only make this movie funnier.

#46 Posted by Slow Burn (85 posts) - - Show Bio

BADASS!!! 

I love HEx and now i really cant wait for this movie

#47 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good not crazy about Hex having supernatural abilities though.
#48 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

They searched you pretty darn good didn't they? 

Wouldn't you?
#49 Posted by DarkSyde79 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

For all I remember Wild Wild West had a tight trailer... so I'll wait to see more. :oP 

#50 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio

my heart sank the minute i heard the corny cliched western voiceover, i couldn't help thinking of Sam Elliott in Ghost Rider.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.