Follow

Jonah Hex

Character » Jonah Hex appears in 522 issues.

A Civil War veteran turned bounty hunter, Jonah Hex's disfigured face and boorish personality don't win him many friends, but his code of honor and expert marksmanship skills means he's always willing to fight for and protect the innocent and dispense lethal justice.

Rumor... Jonah Hex to be cancelled?

fedspaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By fedspaz

I was in the comic shop last night and one of the workers mentioned that Jonah Hex is going to be canceled.  That the writers were going to run with Freedom Fighters and DC was going to cancel Jonah Hex.  Anybody hear anything along those lines?  I hope it's NOT true!

theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By theiconic

makes sence the movie wasnt that good

RoosterCogburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By RoosterCogburn

ah damn. Hex is one of my fav. comics.

fedspaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fedspaz

I hope this is just a rumor based on nothing.... Hex is also one of my favs.  I hope this is all a false rumor.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter
    @aztek the lost said:
    " wouldn't surprise me, DC's been axing it's titles for sport this year...of course that thing about the writers sounds odd to me, they were writing Jonah Hex and Power Girl at the same time and most writers do write more then one book at a time "
    DC loves Jonah Hex, the figures have been in cancellation numbers for years and the love for the book has made it stay through all of this. Just in NYCC when asked for the future of low-selling books like Hex and R.e.b.e.l.s. Didio and Lee answered "They are here to stay"

Jonah Hex has had basically the same numbers for more than 60 issues, they don't have any reason to cancel it now
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " wouldn't surprise me, DC's been axing it's titles for sport this year...of course that thing about the writers sounds odd to me, they were writing Jonah Hex and Power Girl at the same time and most writers do write more then one book at a time "
    DC loves Jonah Hex, the figures have been in cancellation numbers for years and the love for the book has made it stay through all of this. Just in NYCC when asked for the future of low-selling books like Hex and R.e.b.e.l.s. Didio and Lee answered "They are here to stay"  Jonah Hex has had basically the same numbers for more than 60 issues, they don't have any reason to cancel it now "
    hmm, Jonah Hex I can understand but REBELS? what's keeping that book afloat, its part of the superhero genre isn't it? you'd think that would hold it to higher standards "

its a space book, a GREAT space book, that covers everything that the GL books are too busy to take a look at, think all of Marvel's cosmic line in one single title.
    mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mrtrickster
    @Nighthunter said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    DC loves Jonah Hex, the figures have been in cancellation numbers for years and the love for the book has made it stay through all of this. Just in NYCC when asked for the future of low-selling books like Hex and R.e.b.e.l.s. Didio and Lee answered "They are here to stay"  Jonah Hex has had basically the same numbers for more than 60 issues, they don't have any reason to cancel it now "

YES!!!!!!!!! these two are my favorite books
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

same here
    Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

sweet, I'm big on jonha hex, and the new 52 kicked off great, I bet the numbers are going to pop up fast once it really gets rolling.

I want to see a thunderbolts in the past thing for the suicide squad, but really only for deadshot and jonah either having a duel, or going head to head with a bunch of present government agents and past lawmen, thatd be a GIANT BOOST in number

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.