Promotional Shots of Jonah Hex!

Posted by inferiorego (24406 posts) - - Show Bio

The Omelete got a hold of this official picture for the upcoming DC Entertainment film, Jonah Hex, set to hit theaters August 10th, 2010. In addition to that, Slashfilm found a teaser poster which some of you may have already seen.

The comic, Jonah Hex, just finshed up a 6 part amazing storyline called Six Gun War where Jonah and his arch-rival Quentin Turnabull, come face-to-face and let the guns blaze. 
Jonah Hex is about a Civil War veteran whose face was deformed. His best-friend's (Jeb) father ( Quentin) blames Jonah for the death of his son during the war at the Massacre of Fort Charlotte, and will stop at nothing to end Jonah's life. It's an incredibly fun read, if you love Wild West books. 

This poster and picture give me a little more faith in the movie. I personally felt a little down about Megan Fox coming into the mix, but I'm hoping this turns out to be a fun wild west film. 
What do you guys think?
Staff
#1 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

That make up looks fantastic!!!

#2 Posted by inferiorego (24406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: I had a case of "fanboy excitement" when i saw the pictures. I took a lot to suppress the urge to giggle and clap.
Staff
#3 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: I didn't resist that urge at all lol.
#4 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this will pave the way for smaller DC characters to be made more mainstream.

#5 Posted by inferiorego (24406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @inferiorego: I didn't resist that urge at all lol. "
lol, nice

@TheBug said:
"

Hopefully this will pave the way for smaller DC characters to be made more mainstream.

"

I would love to see a JSA film, but that will probably never happen.
Staff
#6 Posted by Chinaski (26 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a bit of a shame that Megan Fox is in it. Don't get me wrong, she's hot as hell but she's also just an awful actress.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing I've seen with Jonah Hex in it is that Batman TAS episode he was in but those pics look pretty good

#8 Posted by Mighty_Destroyer (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no!!! Megan "Toe Thumb" Fox

#9 Posted by sambow (27 posts) - - Show Bio

i cant wait for this movie i willbe ther first nite it looks so cool

#10 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't to see my favortie six gun shooter bounty hunter Johah Hex on the big screen. I think Josh Brolin is gonna nail this part. I just hope the movie won't be cheesy though.
#11 Posted by Deadstroke (147 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie's got Josh Brolin, and John Malkovich, it's going to kick @$$ no matter what....also I heard Megan Fox has a sex scene (Very nice). It would take a road filled with nails, broken glass, mad dogs, educational television and a mine field to keep me away from this movie.

#12 Posted by Pez85 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the movie doesn't have a giant mechanical spider. 

#13 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of like they are hiding his deformity in the poster, but that also makes me a little uneasy. Are they going to go all out or make it subtle/realistic?

Hmmmm, I wonder who on the staff might have an issue with Megan Fox?

#14 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt: I really like that they are hiding it more too, hopefully they will keep it that way in the trailers too to make it more of a reveal in the movie. Like the did with Harvey Dent when he became two face they never really showed his face and even in the movie they hid it for a while until the big reveal. I liked how they handled that, I do hope though that in the film Jonah Hex's face is revealed a little early so you get it right off the bat. They should definitely hide it for part of the movie though.
#15 Posted by inferiorego (24406 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt said:
" I kind of like they are hiding his deformity in the poster, but that also makes me a little uneasy. Are they going to go all out or make it subtle/realistic? Hmmmm, I wonder who on the staff might have an issue with Megan Fox? "
I have a problem with Megan Fox, she's talentless and doesn't appreciate the doors that certain people have open for her.
Staff
#16 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Always enjoyed the Jonah Hex comics. I also liked Josh Brolin's version of Wild Bill Hickock (opposite Stephen Baldwin as Buffalo Bill Cody) in the Young Riders TV series on ABC. So this seemed like a great fit when I first heard Brolin was cast as Hex. I want see this movie more than anything. Gawd I want that top poster for my wall. I already have too many posters though.

#17 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

That fact that Josh Brolin is Hex just seems to make this all the better
#18 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought she was supposed to only be in it for 5 seconds. Why is she featured on the movie poster if that is the case?

#19 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching Jennifers Body (great film btw) I've been wanting to see more and more of Megan Fox.  :)

#20 Posted by spectaculous (25 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder if the movie would be any different if the "crank" guys were still directing it....either way, i'm fairly excited for this movie. let's hope these guys do jonah some justice!
#21 Posted by spectaculous (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBug:
*crossing fingers* booster gold movie, booster gold movie....
#22 Posted by NightFang (10049 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:

"That make up looks fantastic!!! "

I can't wait to see his hole face!
#23 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

The posters look great.  I am a fan of Josh Brolin and  Malkovich as it is, plus I am one who enjoys Westerns (when they're done right), I like Jonah Hex, so yup, gonna see this one.   
Can't say I either hate or like Megan Fox, all I know is she gets a lot of hype--well she DID dis' Wonder Woman---so I really don't care if she's in it or not.  
She's playing a ho, so I guess maybe there's something to be said for typecasting?  I think Babs previously mentioned something of that nature! Ha!
#24 Posted by frogger (96 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pez85: I hope the movie doesn't have a giant mechanical spider.   

Thats some funny $h!t but I dout that will happen. Josh Brolin already creeps me out, can't what to see him as Hex!
#25 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chinaski: I think I heard that Megan Fox won't really have a big role. Of course they'll try playing up her role by plastering her on the poster.
#26 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Lokks pretty cool and I've always liked westerns so I'll have to check this out.
#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

they had to go and ruin the movie poster by putting Megan Fox in it, I mean sure she can have a cameo in the movie but does she really need to tarnish the movie posters and have her name stamped all over it when she's the movie's only flaw? 

other than that complaint, woot Jonah Hex! I can't wait to see this!

#28 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Babs liked All-Star Batgirl. I thought everyone hated that series, I have the hardcover All-Star Batman and Robin but the only part I really like is when Batman meets with Green Lantern. 

#29 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't hot and she isn't good, didn't even hear about her being in it. I'm really excited about this.

#30 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like it might be a good movie.

#31 Posted by sfizzle (66 posts) - - Show Bio

i read  that mastodon is writing all of the music for the film. ya or nay?

#32 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care how much you people hateher, if Megan Fox showed up to your house naked youed invite her right on in. "Hey Megan, thirsty, get ya a drink?"
#33 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice picture.

#34 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool look. I'm not used to seeing the main hero scarred like that, he looks more like a villain. But I think the film will be good.
#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

pass.

#36 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
" I don't care how much you people hateher, if Megan Fox showed up to your house naked youed invite her right on in. "Hey Megan, thirsty, get ya a drink?" "
I genuinely find her unattractive...I mean if she wore a bag over her head it could be okay I guess...of course, then again you're probably right due to my desperation factor
#37 Posted by CrimsonComedian (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh... Megan Fox. Someone just end her career already. She sucks...

#38 Posted by The Lobster (1512 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadstroke said:
" The movie's got Josh Brolin, and John Malkovich, it's going to kick @$$ no matter what....also I heard Megan Fox has a sex scene (Very nice). It would take a road filled with nails, broken glass, mad dogs, educational television and a mine field to keep me away from this movie. "
I agree, I liked Josh Brolin in No Country for Old Men, and John Malkovich has been great in everything I've seen him in, However I get the feeling that somehow Megan Fox is going to screw this up somehow.
#39 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure looks like a Jonah Hex movie!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.