New JONAH HEX Character Posters

Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't look like the photographer caught Jonah's good side.

The opinions of all you maniacs in the Comic Vine community were pretty divided, as I recall, regarding the JONAH HEX trailer. Appetites seemed to run hot or cold, with few feeling “in between” about it. Me, myself, I thought it looked like fun. I’m not marking the days until its release, but I'll probably check out when it starts playing in theaters next month. I am intrigued, indeed, to hear what a film score by heavy metal band Mastodon will sound like, even if it’s an abridged one (according to their front man).

Either way, Spin-Off Online’s gotten a series of four character posters for the movie, depicting tattooed-assassin Burke (Michael Fassbender), terrorist-from-the-old-west Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich), pistol-packing prostitute Leila (Megan Fox) and Josh Brolin as the gunslinger with the raw nerve and the even rawer face… Jonah Hex. These posters look pretty (well, Hex’s looks ugly, but in a good way), though I’m a little miffed that Michael Shannon hasn’t gotten a poster for his character, Dr. Cross Williams, the gladiatorial circus ring leader. I’m a fan the actor, for one, and c’mon… if you included him, here, we’d be just one “bullet” shy of a loaded six-shooter, wouldn’t we?

Ah, I couldn’t help it…

But it’s not important what I think of these posters, but rather what you, the maniacs of Comic Vine community, think of them. Do they make you want throw out a “Yippy yay kay yay!” and charge into the wild frontier? Or do they make you want to tip your hat politely and ride your horse into the sunset, real quiet-like?

And just in case you missed the trailer the first time ‘round, we’ve got it here for you, like a tumbleweed rolling back into town.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

im not the biggest Megan Fox fan and i never actually thought she was as hot as every says she is but she does look hot in that poster. lol.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Megan Fox's involvement turns me off a little more and more with each passing day but I hope I'll still be able to watch the movie when it finally does come around, maybe on DVD

#3 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome posters, i can't hype this movie enough, three of my favorite actors Brolin, Fox, and Malkovich are all in the same film.

#4 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Notice how they don't show her thumb? 5 seconds in photoshop could have fixed it, but they were lazy and went all liefeld on us and hid it.    

#5 Posted by NightFang (10135 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool posters and hopefully the movie will be cool.

#6 Posted by VZA (186 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: lol I don't know why I find Liefeld jokes so funny.  We internet folks should use the name as a verb and get it into Webster.
#7 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

why wont she go away!

#8 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my gosh!
Megan Fox looks absolutely beautiful! :)  she always does!
Can't wait to see her in this.

#9 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool posters, I can't wait to see them here.

#10 Posted by Grim (2080 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
" why wont she go away! "
i know i hate her because i actually think she looks great in that picture... and i still wish she didnt exist. 
..fake tramp...
#11 Posted by Joey Ravn (386 posts) - - Show Bio

Euk, I hate her. Megan Fox in a movie = not watching that movie. It's my rule of thumb. 

No pun intended. 

Or maybe, just a bit.

#12 Posted by cascadeking09 (6762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: respect.
#13 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" Notice how they don't show her thumb? 5 seconds in photoshop could have fixed it, but they were lazy and went all liefeld on us and hid it.     "
oh my sweet lord what is wrong with her thumb. I don't think I could stomach getting a handie from her LOL.
#14 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Megan fox def makes me less interested in this movie. but damn she's hot. 
megan fox reminds me of that annoying drunk girl at parties who makes a fool out of herself, pukes, but still thinks shes hot shit ha ha.

#15 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of Jonah Hex, but this movie doesn't look very good.

#16 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

i never liked megan fox,
although i like that her name, without an "n" would spell Mega Fox

#17 Posted by lonefang6x6 (422 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to watch

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
" why wont she go away! "
#19 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Fox is definitely hot, but hot will only take you so far.

#20 Posted by frogger (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I am out of of touch of whats hot and what not, so whats the deal with the hate for Fox?

#21 Posted by BKole (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the deal with the hate of the thumb? It's only a thumb.
#22 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogger said:
" I am out of of touch of whats hot and what not, so whats the deal with the hate for Fox? "
@Kid_Zombie said:
" Megan fox def makes me less interested in this movie. but damn she's hot.  megan fox reminds me of that annoying drunk girl at parties who makes a fool out of herself, pukes, but still thinks shes hot shit ha ha. "
I find fox annoying too. 
Like annother poster said, looks will only get you so far.
#23 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Still have no interest in this movie.

#24 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogger said:
" I am out of of touch of whats hot and what not, so whats the deal with the hate for Fox? "
personal taste for me says she's not that hot to begin with (maybe if she wore a mask it'd be okay), then everything she says in interviews proves she's an idiot and her role in Transformers 2 sealed her as talentless in my book so that's my reasoning
#25 Edited by frogger (96 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: personal taste for me says she's not that hot to begin with (maybe if she wore a mask it'd be okay), then everything she says in interviews proves she's an idiot and her role in Transformers 2 sealed her as talentless in my book so that's my reasoning  

Yeah I see women I see dumb women I don't find attractive every day but I don't hate them, I just ingnore them. Why even watch an interview of someone you don't like anyway.
#26 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait until this movie comes out! It looks great!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.