Josh Brolin As Jonah Hex

Posted by G-Man (34562 posts) - - Show Bio

We know that Megan Fox is playing some role in this movie.  We've seen those images.  But what about the lead character?  Will they do Jonah Hex justice?  Can Josh Brolin pull it off? 

Some images have been posted over at Lainey Gossip.  I believe this is our first look at what Jonah Hex will look like.  At least it's the first time I'm seeing him.  What do you think?

He looks good.  I've never been a huge Jonah Hex fan.  I can't say I'm overly excited about this, even if Megan Fox is in it.  But it has been a while since I've seen a good western.  Perhaps this will change that.

Staff
#1 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks great.  I am looking forward to this one, and have high hopes for it.  It may not be a potentail blockbuster, but with Brolin in it, I think it should do rather well. 

#2 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

His face isn't messed up enough to be Hex from the comics. I'm not a Hex reader but I know his face is far more jacked up than that.

#3 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Brolin is such a good manly actor.  Sometimes Im actually shocked that he's not MORE famous.  

Staff
#4 Posted by inferiorego (24982 posts) - - Show Bio
LastSon1027 said:
His face isn't messed up enough to be Hex from the comics. I'm not a Hex reader but I know ... [more]
It's jacked up enough for me. That disfigurement would still gross me out a little in real life. But then again, I'm not too picky when it comes to adaptation.
Staff
#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellz yeah. As badass as Anton Chigurh was in, "No Country for Old Men" Josh Brolin's Llewelyn Moss was equally as bad. The dude can act. (I secretly wish Clint Eastwood was in his prime cause he'd be perfect for this role)

#6 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how it looks. Josh Brolin is a great actor so I have faith in his ability to bring JHex  to life. I'm not so excited about Megan Fox however. She is a hottie, but I can't say that I've ever been impressed by her ability to act.

#7 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
Red L.A.M.P. said:
Brolin is such a good manly actor.  Sometimes Im actually shocked that he's not MORE famous.  
 I agree!
#8 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonah who???

#9 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
LastSon1027 said:
His face isn't messed up enough to be Hex from the comics. I'm not a Hex reader but I know ... [more]
They are probably going to add some digital effects to "enhance" it. I hope they do because you're right its not messed up as much as it is in the comics.

I'm a huge Jonah Hex fan so I am very excited about this.
#10 Posted by The Law-man (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: What about Two Face in Dark Knight, that was pretty sick
#11 Posted by Bathory1313 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a huge Jonah Hex fan, but I think he looks great...

#12 Posted by inferiorego (24982 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Law-man: I loved it, but I'm more into the actor portraying the character rather than the look, and I think Brolin is going to pull this off with no problem.
Staff
#13 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Im really looking forward to this cant wait

#14 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

1. His face isn't messed up enough, I hope they make it look beter.
2. Josh Brolin is a great actor.
3. Can't wait to see this movie.

#15 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Brolins always been a fav actor of mine among all the others. His role in No Country for Old Men was awesome cant wait to see how this is done.

#16 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Main reason I have faith in this is due to Josh Brolin, amazing actor

#17 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

For the adaption the make-up is fine. Josh Brolin will wow you without his eye all popped out and his molars exposed.

#18 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

I just pray that the film will be akin to a "Western" in its truest form.

#19 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why they didn't use green screen for half of his face like two-face did.

#20 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio
LastSon1027 said:
Looks Okie Dokie to me. Anymore jacked up and they'd have to make it CGI like they did Harvey in The Dark Knight. That would be ludicrously expensive and time consuming..
#21 Posted by Blue_Shield (755 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he looks great, and I think Brolin can pull it off.

#22 Posted by DukeJohnson11 (7 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
Hellz yeah. As badass as Anton Chigurh was in, "No Country for Old Men" Josh Brolin's Llewelyn Moss was equally ... [more]
seeing as how Jonah Hex is basically based off of every character Clint Eastwood ever played, it would be a surprise if he wast perfect for it:p
#23 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love the artist's rendition of Jonah here. Makeup is perfect. This is exactly how I pictured Jonah, only slightly younger.

#24 Posted by AirDave817 (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't his right eye messed up along with his lip?
This does look pretty cool!!

#25 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like they didn't want the main character to look that fucked up.so they did it easy on the face...IDK....

but i know Brolin goin to pull this off

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.