JONAH HEX Movie Footage!

Posted by No_name_here (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

You haven't been showing your face around these parts, Jonah.

The JONAH HEX movie is less than two months away. We’ve seen a poster for it, we’ve seen an official production photo, but we haven’t actually seen a trailer for it yet, have we? We don’t quite have a trailer, here, per se. It’s a clip of a commercial for the trailer (we live in a bold new era, don’t we?) This will eventually be running in front of the NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. remake, evoking the inevitable Hex vs. Fredy battle threads.  

As for this preview…   it’s packed a lot of wildness into eleven seconds. There’s… big explosions! Hex shredding through rounds with dual gattling guns mounted on his horse! Hex getting medieval with a crossbow! Hex sizzling some bad guys 'til they're well-done with a flame thrower! There’s Megan Fox looking all sweaty and cross before ending some goon's sorry existence with a revolver! And there’s John Malkovich sporting more hair than he ever has before!

I’m still on the fence about the movie. The troubles its production’s been going through have gotten almost more attention than the movie itself.  However, these fleeting glimpses look pretty good. And I’m still intrigued to hear what a Mastadon-written score will sound like, even if it’s a bit compromised.  
== TEASER ==

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14517 posts) - - Show Bio

another one to go see me thinks

#2 Posted by Green ankh (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait.  I am looking forward to this almost as much as Iron Man 2.
#3 Posted by Grim (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

awww helll. im never gonna get that first. i spend 5 minutes immersing myself in an episode of Archer, and a video pops up! gggrrrrrrrrrrr!
...im not sure how hyped i am for this movie. ... and i guess that means not very...

#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14517 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim:  look at the older videos on vids threads
#5 Posted by KRYPTON (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool, why would they post a video that is only 11 seconds?

#6 Posted by TheGhostofGarethGraves (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a bit worried, since I love Jonah so much. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't help it. It may just be a action spectacle of the character, but I think as long as it's a fun watch, I should be okay.
#7 Posted by Benzo (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to watch this movie!!!! :D

#8 Posted by Bobby X (1149 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely can't wait for this. I love movie westerns in general and Jonah Hex comics so this should be a real treat. I just hope they don't get too out there with it....Wild Wild West Big Willie style. Did not like seeing the horse mounted with the gattling guns tho so that might be a bad sign...    

#9 Posted by Bruce Vain (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

This just looks baaaaadasssss !!! Love me some Jonah Hex !!
#10 Posted by King Quisling (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that looks like a huge piece of $#!^.

#11 Posted by Vortex13 (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on! Gatling guns attached to a horse? Flame thrower? I was looking forward to this, now I'm not to sure. I'm probably going to wait for this to come out on DVD and rent it. Maybe I'm being too harsh but it looks like they are trying to make Punisher in the old west. Then again they probably would only show the big action bits in that trailer to suck people in. I really hope the other trailers show it has more substance than some flashy scenes. I want grim, angry, ruthless Hex winning by being tough and mean as hell, not because he has superior fire power that's not the Hex I know lol.

#12 Posted by Nyogtha (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this looks sick already. Been waiting for some footage to come out.

#13 Posted by MemnochZERO (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks fun from what i can see, and it's about time they put out some footage. They're gonna have to push this like crazy if they expect anyone to go see it, though. Simply for the fact they've done a shit job of promoting it so far, and for a June 2010 slot. ouch.
#14 Posted by robokungfu (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Now it actually looks like a syfy channel production!  It is more or less now just a vehicle for Megan Fox.

#15 Posted by NightFang (10850 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this on YouTube yesterday and it still looks cool.

#16 Posted by doordoor123 (3810 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW. this doesnt look very good.
Ill see this depending on reviews.

#17 Posted by power mex (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this rocks but why Megan Fox?

#18 Posted by MikeIsrael (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Megan Fox always wears make up when she works!

#19 Posted by Moomin123 (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks amazing, I especially like the gattling guns on the horse.
#20 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by Fire-brand (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

i just saw the official trailer over on yahoo movies. i must say this ilooks like the most awesomely bad film ever. like van helsing in the old west lol. in other words i'll be at the first showing and then hate myself for paying ten dollars to see it. i wish i could be more excited for it, but with iron man 2 right around the corner i just can't. IM2 is just to badass to be seen past (hey that almost rhymed haha)

#22 Posted by MikeIsrael (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if Megan Fox wears twice her normal amount of make up it will be as cool as Transformers one! Bam! I just made a funny! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.