'Jonah Hex' Animated Film Coming Our Way!?

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Anytime I think of Jonah Hex, I am reminded of the Clint Eastwood of yesteryear; and I love it. He is probably one of the coolest and possibly most underrated characters in the DC Universe in my opinion. So you can imagine my excitement upon hearing the rumor that Warner Brothers is considering bringing Jonah Hex to the small screen, as well as the big screen. According to Comics Continuum, Warner Brothers Animation is pushing for a Jonah Hex short film which would be written by the former Jonah Hex writer, Joe R. Lansdale.

The people at Warner Brothers will probably be looking at the previous animated projects that have found tremendous success such as Batman: Gotham Knight and Wonder Woman. The Jonah Hex short animated film will most likely carry a PG-13 rating, like it's predecessors, and I imagine that it would be released at around the same time that the live action Jonah Hex film which stars actor Josh Brolin, is released.

What do you guys think? I think it may be a good way to expose audiences to Jonah Hex prior to the film's release, but I feel like it is also about time that a movie like this is created. I am excited to see if a Jonah Hex animated film really takes off, are you?
#1 Edited by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now this is very good news, I have liked every animated DC movie that has come out thus far and a Jonah Hex animated feature is just gonna kick all kinds of major ass.

#2 Posted by mrrpm01 (172 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to sit in on the panel for this movie to get a sneak peek at it

#3 Posted by johnny_spam (2020 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Lansdale on of the best horror short stories writers is the perfect match with Jonah Hex.

#4 Posted by Bruce Vain (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wanting for a Jonah Hex animated feature for a loooong time. I have to say his best portrayal in animated form was in the Batman Animated Series with Ra's in the episode. Hopefully they'll get Bill McKinney to voice him again, didn't really care for Baldwin or Morris doing his voice.

#5 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooray!!!

#6 Posted by SirSparkington (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonah Hex is one of my favorite characters. I have been giddy with excitement upon hearing about a movie. Now, I'm super excited. I wonder who would do Hex's voice though.

Now if a Moon Knight movie (animated or otherwise) is ever made, I would most likely die of excitement.

#7 Edited by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait!

#8 Posted by kjc007 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really exciting news. All of the DC Universe Animated Movies have been really good and I can't wait for this along with GL: First Flight and Supes/Bats: Public Enemies. I just hope they still make Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.

#9 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio
@kjc007: Lets hope they make a Flash and Martian Manhunter one to.
#10 Posted by kjc007 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash would be cool. I don't really like Martian Manhunter that much, but I'd still purchase it. I also hope they make an Aquaman movie or a Green Arrow movie. Those would be pretty cool. 

#11 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one of the best things that Hollywood could do  at this point is have more Man With No Name type movies.

#12 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't waait to see this movie.

#13 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

DC animation is always top notch

#14 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again, DC animation is a year or more ahead of the rest of the warner studios.

#15 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonah deserve this...and the live action movie.

#16 Posted by King Saturn (225186 posts) - - Show Bio
This Could Be....... Very Very Awesome

Big Ups Fo Real
#17 Posted by Spider-Man!!! (24 posts) - - Show Bio

all right!!!!

#18 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio
@kjc007 said:
"The Flash would be cool. I don't really like Martian Manhunter that much, but I'd still purchase it. I also hope they make an Aquaman movie or a Green Arrow movie. Those would be pretty cool.  "
          Then they could make an Hawkman & Hawkgirl movie.
#19 Posted by kjc007 (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" @kjc007 said:
"The Flash would be cool. I don't really like Martian Manhunter that much, but I'd still purchase it. I also hope they make an Aquaman movie or a Green Arrow movie. Those would be pretty cool.  "
          Then they could make an Hawkman & Hawkgirl movie. "

Hawkman and Hawkgirl would make a pretty good movie. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.