Jonah Hex #50 Review

#1 Posted by inferiorego (23163 posts) - - Show Bio

I felt the conclusion to Six Gun War was a little bit of a let-down, but this issue was amazing. Darwyn Cooke's art on this was amazing, I loved it.

Staff
#2 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

i really need to start reading Jonah hex!!!!!!

#3 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

The art does look really nice. From what as shown, but the color work makes some really nice art look rather flat.  Could of used some more depth.

#4 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

well.....you've convinced me G-Man. I'm pickin this up tomorrow
#5 Posted by dukealoops (29 posts) - - Show Bio

this isn't the first time cooke did the art on jonah hex
#6 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished reading it, it was AMAZING!

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah Jonah Hex, the little book that could. On this economy it is amazing for any comic to reach the 50th issue, how a western, without crossovers, without a regular artist, no superheroes, etc. was able to survive this long and nto have any intention of stopping is soomething which amazes me. The only logical explanation I can find is the simply amazing writing of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, they get Hex, they get the western stories and they get how to create great self-contained stories. Jonah Hex is month after month (I finally caught up!) oone of my favorite comics

#8 Posted by BOSSTOAD (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy sh*t this book was fu*king............words can't describe how good it was. Thank you G-Man.

#9 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not read Jonah Hex and although the story does not seem to be bad, I will not read this issue. I´m not a fan of Westerns but I also think that the art is not the best on the market. So I will pass.

#10 Posted by Chinaski (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read Jonah Hex until this issue and it was really good. I loved it...

#11 Posted by victorvndoom (82 posts) - - Show Bio

is that the same writer/creator of painkiller jane ?

#12 Posted by G-Man (32556 posts) - - Show Bio
@victorvndoom: Sort of.  Painkiller Jane was created by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada.  Palmiotti and Justin Gray have been killing it on Jonah Hex for a few years now.
Staff
#13 Posted by Final Draft85 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read a Jonah Hex comic & the closest I got was when I read Time Masters, but I always thought he was a cool character. I will pick up this book since you spoke so highly about this issue & also I love Darwyn Cooke's artwork.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.