First Images Of Jonah Hex DC Showcase From Under The Red Hood

Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about perfect timing. Jonah Hex will be a busy guy this summer. Not only does he have a live action movie coming out, he'll also have his own DC Showcase animated short attached to Batman: Under The Red Hood

The feature is scripted by renowned author Joe Lansdale and stars the voices of Thomas Jane, Linda Hamilton, Michell Trachtenberg and Michael Rooker. The story will deal with the tough-as-nails bounty hunter dealing with a murderous madam who wants to steal more than just her bounty from Jonah Hex.
 == TEASER ==

Batman: Under The Red Hood will be released on July 27, 2010.
Staff
#1 Edited by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, can't wait to see a preview

#2 Posted by Zniperking (281 posts) - - Show Bio

that actually looks better than the live movie

#3 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty interesting & cool that Thomas Jane is voicing Jonah Hex since he did a makeup test just for shits and giggles & was interested in playing Jonah. 

#4 Posted by Knox (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet

#5 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to the live-action movie & I'm so buying this

#6 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty cool

#7 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

probably better than the film

#8 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Thomas Jane doing the voice of Jonah Hex? I'm in. This looks pretty good.

#9 Posted by MemnochZERO (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. The animation looks a lot like the Spectre Showcase, which I loved. Mainly because it was a lot darker and just visually looked better than the typical animated work they've done for the DC movies.
#10 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see it.

#11 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

seeing the style this looks promising. 
#12 Posted by Agent23 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I HOPE THERE IS MAGIC!

#13 Posted by Aquamariner (203 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW how very on time for when the movie comes out! So that's why they decided to make a whole showcase short on such a lame character, cuz of the movie! Duh!! 

>>

#14 Posted by aouric (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think it's cool that DC is doing a move about Hex and an animated movie, pluse I love the fact that Thomas Jane is doing the voice of Jonah Hex. In the past we've only gotten the Long Ranger and Zorro for horse back riding heroes, now Hex is on the scene serving true justice with some grit.    

#15 Posted by inferiorego (22502 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I have a feeling that the showcase will be better than the live action film?

Staff
#16 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks more promising than the action film thats coming out. 
(God, I really hate Megan Fox)
#17 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

F me and beeing one year away from being able to get a job, i have no money for this!!!!!!
#18 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this, but I don't know what to think about the new live action movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.