Curious About Megan Fox's Character In Jonah Hex?

Posted by G-Man (30219 posts) - - Show Bio
It's a slow news day so let's talk about Megan Fox and Jonah Hex.  Westerns aren't usually my thing but I am curious if they can pull off making a kick ass western now.  It's been a while since we've had one.  Jonah Hex is a also an underrated character.  The character has been around a while.  Josh Brolin is playing him and John Malkovich is also appearing in the movie.  It could be something.

A couple months ago some images came out of Megan Fox on the set.  The question a lot of people had was who was she playing and why was she dressed like that.  Turns out it's not too hard to figure out.  Fox recently spoke to MTV about the movie and her character.
They’ve changed her name a couple of times — it’s Leila now.  She is a prostitute. She’s a good ol’ working girl, and she’s a love-interest to Jonah… of sorts. I mean, it’s by no means a classic type of relationship.

She wasn’t really featured in the comics.  Her name was initially Liala, and now they changed it — or it was Layla, and now they changed it to Leila. … All the women in the movie are prostitutes. … [I’m] sort of a tough, no-nonsense prostitute. Like, she’ll shoot you in the head if she has to. And she does!

So she's playing a prostitute, in case you weren't sure.  What I'm unclear on, since I haven't read a lot of Jonah Hex comics is, was the character actually in the comic or not?  She said that the character "wasn't really featured in the comic."  Does that mean the character had a small role or was just never actually in any issues?

She does seem excited about the movie.  Let's hope it turns out as good as she's making it out to be.
That movie is gonna be amazing.  It’s a post-civil war, apocalyptic type Western. The director Jimmy [Hayward] is a lunatic, and he might be a genius. From some of the things I’ve seen him shoot, it’s a badass movie.

Staff
#1 Posted by TelekineticSun (334 posts) - - Show Bio

how come i prononced Layla, Leila, and Liala all the same way, is it because im ignorant? or because they are the same name?

#2 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

She's  a prostitute? finally, the role she was born to play. Do well Ms. Fox, do well.

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know Jonah Hex except from BTAS, but I know I like Westerns and have been waiting a long time for a good one to come out. Hopefully this is it (even though Megan Fox suggests it is not)

#4 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn..............................that waist .

#5 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's like Clint Eastwood's "Man With No Name" meets weird west or steam punk.  That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Ms. Fox sounds like an idiot.

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

we don't have a page for Layla, Leila, or Liala...maybe Megan Fox just has no idea what she's talking about?

#7 Posted by Vortex13 (12221 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man. She hasn't been in any of the comics I've read, and I have the most recent series in its entirety, but she may have been a character in the other series. There are a few prostitutes in the series that are similar to her descriptions of her character so it'll probably be a mix of a few of them, I really hope they make her more like Tallulah then some of the others because she's the most bad ass they probably won't do to Leila what they did to Tallulah, which is probably for the best.

#8 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized:  Hahaha!
#9 Posted by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was her waist photoshoped like that?

#10 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psychotime: I think thats a result of the corset effect not photoshop
#11 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Corsets are just crazy.

#12 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

why are they doing a Jonah Hex movie?

#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
why are they doing a Jonah Hex movie?
Because he's an interesting character that's been around for years
#14 Posted by SUNMAN (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

no seriously

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks like the character on the front of this issue

But from the way she's takling about it, you'd think it was Deadwood the movie :p

#16 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she is eating right...

#17 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

So she thinks Wonder Woman is lame but she's cool with playing a hooker?

#18 Posted by Vortex13 (12221 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: That characters wasn't a prostitute, and that is the one issue she's appeared in. Also that issue wasn't that good, but that's kind of off topic lol.
#19 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

ugggh... why do people like her.

#20 Posted by Aqua Angel (83 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
She's a prostitute? finally, the role she was born to play. Do well Ms. Fox, do well.
HAHA
#21 Posted by NightFang (9810 posts) - - Show Bio

OK....hope the movie good.

#22 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Megan a bit too young for Josh Brolin? She's 20 something and he's 40 or 30 isn't he?

#23 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
maybe Megan Fox just has no idea what she's talking about?"

Well, this isn't the first time she talked about utter nonsense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.