Follow

Jonah Hex

Character » Jonah Hex appears in 523 issues.

A Civil War veteran turned bounty hunter, Jonah Hex's disfigured face and boorish personality don't win him many friends, but his code of honor and expert marksmanship skills means he's always willing to fight for and protect the innocent and dispense lethal justice.

Could a Jonah Hex Sequel Happen?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    According to Mtv, Michael Shannon, who plays Cross Williams in the upcoming Jonah Hex film, thinks that the producers and screenwriters are planning for a long future for the Jonah Hex franchise.  

It certainly felt as if the film was being made with sequels in mind. "Yeah, I think that's what they're shooting for."

Although his character, who is a snake-oil salesman at the traveling road show, only has a couple of minor appearances, Shannon believes he would be back for a sequel. 

"I think the character may come back if there's another iteration of 'Jonah Hex,' but for now it's just this couple of little scenes,"

A few of us love the character of Jonah Hex, especially since this last volume has been a lot of fun to read. But this character doesn't have the draw that Batman or Iron Man has, both of which got sequels. At the same time, would a western do as well a superhero film? Doubtful. Josh Brolin is one heck of an actor, especially in No Country for Old Men, and many of us have no doubt he'll easily pull off Jonah, but will this film pull in enough of the general population to warrant a sequel? Many of us have our hopes extremely high for all of this to work out, but we'll have to make our final verdicts on June 8th 2010 when the film hits theaters.

What do you guys think? Will this film work out? Should it become a franchise?

~Mat Elfring (inferiorego) is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, comic store employee, and a cowboy.~
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

I'll have to see the movie first befor giving it a sequel.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @NightFang: It always seems like a bad sign when someone in the film says it'll will get a sequel.
    mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mrduckluck

they dont even release the firstone and they're telling there's going to be a sequel
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moomin123

Didn't we already get a blog posted by G-Man or Babs like this before? It was months ago though, I think like early last yeasr sort of. 
    Anyway, I guess the film needs to be seen before giving it a sequel.
    RATZGobbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By RATZGobbler

Wow, the first Jonah Hex movie must've been so good it wasn't meant for mortals and instead was shared with the gods, and now they want to make a sequel, awesome!

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TheMess1428

Megan Fox will give people a reason to watch the movie if they are already not into Jonah Hex. If not her, it'll be Josh Brolin. And some people might be dumb enough to say: "Hey look it's Two-Face as a cowboy!". And because of these, and hopefully Palmiotti and Gray will contribute to the projects, the movie might be around for at least 2 or 3 movies.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Aren't they just now wrapping up a number of re-shoots to tweak the -quel?  

I like that there is confidence in the film and it becoming a franchise. I hope he's right. That it's good enough to support a franchise.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Bruce Vain

LOL I remember this guy from Let's Go To Prison 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.