Would you consider him to be a nihilist?

#1 Posted by Edamame (28404 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think so, but I am simply curious as to what your thoughts are.

Sorry for the simplistic question.

Also, would you say that the Joker in The Dark Knight was more of a nihilist than the Joker in his comic book career?

#2 Edited by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: I'd say both versions are very Nihilistic. Dark Knight captured that very well, and books such as the killing joke really shine light on it.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's safe to say. For both incarnations of the character, that's a recurring theme.

#4 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Among lots of other things, the Joker of comics is nihilistic, but not a true nihilist (he's more like a Jokerist). The Dark Knight Joker was more into that ideological whatever - trying to prove something instead of following the laughs. LedgeJoker is more like a Gaggy instead of a Joker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.