Who's Worst Than The Joker

• 57 results
#1 Edited by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

What

The Joker Has Made A Name For Him Self For Being The Absolute Evil Force In The DC Universe

Why Is Say This First Off

1. He Has No Morals
  2. No Conscience
  3. Criminal Genius
  4. Sick Sense of Humor
  5. Extreme Mental Delusions
  6. The Coolest Nemesis (Batman)

And A Lot Of Other Stuff

So The Question I'm Asking Is Is There A Human Villain Out There That's Worst Than The Joker ?

You Can Include marvel Villains Too.

#2 Edited by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

The Only People I Can Think Of

• Red Skull
  • Kevin (Sin City)
  • James Gordon JR
  • Governor
  • Bullseye
  • Arcade
  • Jackal
  • Anton Arcane
  • Black Hand
  • Dr. Rot
  • Zodiac
  • Green Goblin
#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler

#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker's the worst of the worst. Some of the best villains can fit on those requirements though, but that wouldn't necessarily make them better than Joker.

For example, take Lex Luthor.

1. He really doesn't care what happens to others if Superman's his target. He'll have people killed to get to him, and he wouldn't bat an eye.
  2. No matter what happens to him, he's got the deep pockets to bail himself out. He's also an excellent manipulator.
  3. He's probably the smartest man in the DC Universe.
  4. I've seen Lex laugh at some pretty dumb things. He cracked up in Superman: Birthright when Superman had no idea what Lex meant by saying Krypton for the first time. Even took a picture of Clark's dumbfounded face.
  5. He truly believes that if Superman never showed up, it'd be him that would be defined as Earth's savior.
  6. Superman's the colliest.
#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Hitler

Hitler didn't walk across the European countryside and kill the victims himself with a smile on his face.

Although that mental image is incredibly disturbing.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: He did order the deaths of millions and cause one of the bloodiest wars in history in a bid to take over the world, that's text book villain right there.

#7 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: if joker had hitlers resources a lot more people would have died.

#8 Posted by Senno (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Arcade would be a good choice. He's essentially Jigsaw from the Saw films.

Mr Zsasz is also a pretty good choice. He essentially kills for the mark - without concern for ramifications.

#9 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalin.

#10 Posted by timelord786 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker for me is the worst because there is no plan with him, he has no end game, he does what he does not because of money or probably even enjoyment ... he does it because he wants to.

#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree with Arcade and Zsasz... Anton Arcane is pretty evil too...

#12 Posted by Immortal777 (7672 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal Savage is pretty bad.

#13 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't think of anyone within the DC universe, but if I may say one villain, it would have to be Magneto.

#14 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch out for Coyote, He will be the new Villian in DAREDEVIL.

#15 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignoring supernatural evils few villains in comics come close to him in sheer evil.

#16 Edited by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I think The Red Skull is close to The Joker when it comes to being The Best of The Worst.

He did every thing bad that Hitler did. He was right there with him and even surpassed him. Even Hitler was terrified of him. Also, The Skull did wander the country side killing in person, as well as war on the International scale. And he did it with a smile on his face. The man takes a savage joy in combat and killing. He puts effort into being "more evil than Captain America is good." ( See Acts of Vengeance for this monologue) He studies and practices all the different methods of torture as a hobby. No morals, scruples, or regrets. Both The Joker and The Skull have often become a threat on the cosmic level.

.But The Red Skull always has a plan, an agenda, and goals. Captain America has predicted him on more than a few occasions. His reasons are completely evil, but he has reasons. He's closer to sanity than Joker has or will ever be.

The Joker could decide to kill hundreds as part of an elaborate scheme, or pass it by cause he's not in the mood. Joker may spontaneously wipe out a shopping mall with Joker gas because the shoppers all looked stressed out and he felt they needed to smile.

The Joker is the worsts because even he doesn't know what he will do next. And even if he wanted to, he cannot help himself.

#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4501 posts) - - Show Bio
The Governor from Walking Dead
#18 Posted by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

The Joker's the worst of the worst. Some of the best villains can fit on those requirements though, but that wouldn't necessarily make them better than Joker.

For example, take Lex Luthor.

1. He really doesn't care what happens to others if Superman's his target. He'll have people killed to get to him, and he wouldn't bat an eye.
  2. No matter what happens to him, he's got the deep pockets to bail himself out. He's also an excellent manipulator.
  3. He's probably the smartest man in the DC Universe.
  4. I've seen Lex laugh at some pretty dumb things. He cracked up in Superman: Birthright when Superman had no idea what Lex meant by saying Krypton for the first time. Even took a picture of Clark's dumbfounded face.
  5. He truly believes that if Superman never showed up, it'd be him that would be defined as Earth's savior.
  6. Superman's the colliest.
#19 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassidy-Carnage

#20 Posted by ComicStooge (13370 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no possible way the Governor is more evil then the Joker.

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio
Detective 871
Detective 871
Detective 871
Detective 874
Detetctive 874

Kid needs some room to grow but potentially he can be a good rogue given time

#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Purple Man- Go look up what he did to Jessica Jones

#23 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:Yeah But, He Seems Like A Sane Mad Hatter or Blackmask.

#24 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy Prime or Jean Grey.

#25 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#26 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Genghis Khan

He personally killed thousands of people.

He tortured a lot of people in horrific ways. Once he poured molten gold down the throat and ears of one of his enemies.

He committed unspeakable atrocities. His army built a pyramid of 100,000 decapitated human heads in front of the city of Delhi to get them to surrender.

The Mongol Empire was responsible for at least 40 million deaths, perhaps as many as 100 million deaths when you take into account the famines and chaos resulting from their conquests.

#27 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn:

About the original question, did you mean who is worse in comics books, any media, or any media and real life? We've seen Hitler and Genghis Khan pop up here. There are lots of real life examples that could qualify. Pol Pot, Papa Doc, Vlad the Impaler, Stalin., etc. But in comics, I think no one is worse. Some are as evil and chaotic, like the new Zodiac over at Marvel. And if your going by body count, many far exceed him. Galactus eats planets.

But if you go by comic book characters who are evil for the pure fun of it , Joker is King.

#28 Posted by andywattbulb (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Forget Hitler...Stalin and, even worse, Mao Zedong, have a much higher body count. Of course, this isn't a competition.

#29 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely disagree. The Joker is not an evil person. He is sick. He suffers from a wide range of mental illnesses.

Now Darkseid is evil. To be precise, he is Evil incarnate. When the Third World was destroyed, everything bad about it became Apokolips and its people. Darkseid is not crazy. He is very sane and he just wants to get rid of free will through the anti-life equation.

#30 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: I agree, James could certainly become a greater villain than Joker, given room to grow in the hands of a good writer.

#31 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Joker s appalled by Nazis:

#32 Edited by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap: You know, you are absolutely right and I already knew that and have argued it before, and I lost sight of that in this discussion. In just a few words you completly turned my viewpoint back on track.

Joker is my favorite fictional character, so when a discussion comes up I tend to say I consider him the best villain and the best at what he does. But that doesn't make him the worst as in most evil. I think he is the most unpredictable, most successful at it, most dangerous in his power level. But he isn't evil at all. He's not in control of himself can't stop.I remember a scene in "A Death in the Family". Superman has stopped Joker has set off explosions in the U.N and is making his escape. Batman is chaing him through the flames and yells at him "Joker! It's over! Stop before it to late." Joker turns and repeatedly fires his handgun at Bats, With each pull of the trigger he yells. "I can't. I CAN"T I CAN"T I CAN"T!" That stayed with me.

In several story lines, we have seen supernatural creatures or super science go into Joker's mind and soul. In JLA "Rock of Ages" Superman and Martian Manhunter gets trapped in Joker's mind. It's an incomprehensible maze and mad house twisted in all directions. Once they escape Superman gasped "My God, how can he LIVE like that?" Later on MM uses all his powers to force Joker temporarily sane to get him to surrender. Even MM can't hold it back long. When MM loses the battle Joker lets out a scream that transforms into his infamous laughter.

In an issue of The Specter, they delve into Joker's soul. Specter and Batman decide Joker has an unholy innocence because of his madness.

And from a JLA annual, there was this :

So no, I don't feel he is the worst after all.

#33 Posted by SoA (4921 posts) - - Show Bio

id say red skull because even joker had a problem with him

#34 Posted by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: I agree. First time Hitler looked Skull in the eyes he said "I can see it! You TOO hate all mankind!" Red Skull has a choice and he chooses to the Red Skull

#35 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

I Almost Forgot About This

#36 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Rottwell Is Pretty Messed Up

Watching Wolverine

What He Did To His Father

The Sick Ways That He Thinks

#37 Posted by BumpyBoo (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Purple Man- Go look up what he did to Jessica Jones

I did *shudders*

And I definitely agree.

#38 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: HE ISN'T WORSE THAN MAD HATTER

#39 Posted by BumpyBoo (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

@BumpyBoo: HE ISN'T WORSE THAN MAD HATTER

Not many characters are ^_^

#40 Posted by Black_Claw (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Skull. If Joker hates his guts then that must obviously mean he's a lot worse than the clown prince of crime.

#41 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

paste pot pete from SHS!

#42 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

the guys currently writing power girl comics.

#43 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Skull

#44 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

james gordon jr. fudge when did dick's run as batman on detective comics start?

#45 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

yep.

#46 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, Joker is most assuredly not "the absolute evil force in the DC Universe." The crimes he commits are mere iotas compared to magnitude of the atrocities that others have committed. For instance: Darkseid, Ra's Al Ghul, Galactus, Brainiac, Lobo, Malefic, Thanos, Anti-Monitor, Carnage, many others, and (lest we forget) Satan/Lucifer himself.

#47 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by ripjim93 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

There's no possible way the Governor is more evil then the Joker.

Agreed. He was a jerk, but in a zombie apocalypse that kind of behavior is almost acceptable. The Joker is just pure evil.

#49 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn: I don't understand what you're trying to say.

#50 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.