Who's the best Joker

#1 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamill he's been great consistently for along time. Ledger is best action version though

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

You forgot the one from Batman: Under the Red Hood.

This.

#4 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamill for animated, Nicholson for Live Action.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

this again?

Well, I'll answer as I always do - it's M Arkham ill

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

The best Joker is the one from the comics.

#7 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

You forgot the one from Batman: Under the Red Hood.

This is my first topic/poll and I meant to put an Other option as there are that many Animated voices for Joker I don't know how to edit it and the guys name is John DiMaggio (did the voice of Bender from Futurama) although I'm personally not a fan of his Joker take although he's great as Bender

#8 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

The best Joker is the one from the comics.

But if I did that you'd need to take it from the different writers/artist takes on it like Alan Moore The Killing Joke, Ed Brubaker's The Man Who Laughs alot of different takes thats why I chose and should have specified in media.

I meant to vote Hamill but was thinking too much of Dark Knight as i watched it the other day in the run up to Dark Knight Rises

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91: It's the same character. Plus, thanks to his prescribed super-sanity, he creates himself each day. So it's the same guy, different interpretation or not. He can be dark one day, silver age the next, etc.

#10 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Mark Hamill. My second choice was Romero.

#11 Posted by Ms. Omega (4508 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor said:

Hamill he's been great consistently for along time. Ledger is best action version though

This

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamill is downright brilliant as the Joker. I grew up with him, and still love hearing his voice. Heath Ledger had the best portrayal of the Joker so far, but sadly, he only had the one appearance.

#13 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill. His voice is THE voice and personality of the Joker to me. If it was just live-action, then it's tough to pick between Ledger and Nicholson. They both played quite different Jokers, but they each played Joker wonderfully in their own way. I have respect for both and can't really pick one between the two.

#14 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with the voice of Luke. Nicholson's Joker makes me laugh, so I think I prefer his version of the clown when it comes to live-action.

#15 Posted by Liara (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Hamill!

Everytime I read a comic with the Joker, I read it in his voice.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (25076 posts) - - Show Bio

Ledger 

#17 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever I think of the Joker, I think of Mark Hamill's

#18 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Micheal Richardson is the best!

#19 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Mark Hamill. He'll always be my favorite Joker.

#20 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@johnkmccubbin91: It's the same character. Plus, thanks to his prescribed super-sanity, he creates himself each day. So it's the same guy, different interpretation or not. He can be dark one day, silver age the next, etc.

But my point is the best interpretation plus there are different universes in the comics as cause on the time change the current DC lot is technically a parallel universe plus the Joker feels different in a lot of comics I meant the character overall and in films or animation

#21 Edited by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

M. Arkham Ill

#22 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

mARKHAMill

#23 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Each of these has his own strengths. Romero sets the bar. Hamill's Joker voice IS the Joker's real voice. His laugh is perfect. Nicholson's captures the fun and mischievous nature of the Joker. You definitely thought we was crazy in his movie. Ledger's Joker was great because it showed us what the Joker is all about. Letting us bring ourselves down with just a little push. He was just a mysterious figure with on beginning. For me picking a favorite would be like acknowledging that one of the Jokers characteristics is better than the other and I can't do that. He is the perfect villain.

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:

This is a joke, right? 
#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill for animations and Heath Ledger for live action.

#26 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

This is a joke, right?

No.

#27 Posted by FearTheLiving (3577 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark is the Joker for me.

#28 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamill is the greatest Joker. The rest are nowhere near Hamill's performance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.