Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4198 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

The more dangerous Joker

the referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By the referee

Since there are two origins on The Joker, (the comics and the movie The Dark Knight)
    Which origin creates a more disturbed Joker?. Chemicals or a life of abuse!

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gambit987

the dark knight origins was never explained

Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GreenLantern555

No one knows exactly what happened in The Dark Knight. He had two different stories about his scars.

gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gambit987
    @GreenLantern555:  and he was going to say a 3th story
    Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @gambit987: We'll never know now... :-(
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@gambit987 said:

" @GreenLantern555:  and he was going to say a 3th story "

@GreenLantern555 said:

" @gambit987: We'll never know now... :-( "

Easy to know, he make his own scars or he was a baby with scar on his face. 
    The best Joker, is the one you dont know anything about hi, the Chaos Master. 
    The one that one one could say that is insane. 
    I like TDK for the fact that dont show "The Origin of The Joker". 
    Also the Chemical things, could be false, since The Joker have no origin in the comic.

Avatar image for xxsadisticsmilexx
    xxSadisticSmilexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xxSadisticSmilexx
    @DeathpooltheT1000:   No, the chemical thing is not false.  As I stated in another blog earlier this week, the Red Hood is the only part of the Joker's origin that is proven  His skin is white because, yes, he did in fact fall into a vat of chemicals.
    Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Croaker

I think the Killing Joke origin makes him the most dangerous. The fact that he used to be an average man emphasizes the depth of his madness. I think it's also creepier that any "normal" person could go so violently insane.

the referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By the referee
    @Croaker: Now thats what I'm talking about!
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Croaker said:
    "I think the Killing Joke origin makes him the most dangerous. The fact that he used to be an average man emphasizes the depth of his madness. I think it's also creepier that any "normal" person could go so violently insane. "

I hate that, if he is isane, he could be cured. 
    I dont like the idea of being evil = being sick. 
    Being evil = being evil.
    DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DedmanWalkin

I like the Lovers and Madmen origin, he is a bored super crook who sees a challenge in the Batman and through a set of events becomes the Joker. It establishes that he is an incredibly skilled killer and thief who was only ever caught because he wanted to be caught.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Croaker said:
    "I think the Killing Joke origin makes him the most dangerous. The fact that he used to be an average man emphasizes the depth of his madness. I think it's also creepier that any "normal" person could go so violently insane. "
    I hate that, if he is isane, he could be cured. I dont like the idea of being evil = being sick. Being evil = being evil. "
    He's a different type of insane though. He possesses super-sanity. The most dangerous Joker is Grant Morrison's from the Clown at Midnight. He's damn scary.
    Avatar image for the_jokes_on_you
    The_Jokes_On_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By The_Jokes_On_You
    @Croaker said:

Also, Idk why but I HATE the Red Hood Origin. His orgin could be that he was a danicng homeless man that ate drugs and went crazy and that would be ten times better then the Red Hood Origin.
    likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By likalaruku
    The comics have 3-5 origins for the Joker. I like the Lovers & Madmen origin the most. The Killing Joke origin is dated & out of character.
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sydpart2

I'm assuming that this is really a question of which trauma makes him more crazy...and I'm gonna have to reply with what I say to people who are mad that TDK Joker didn't have the chemical bath origin...Whether he jumped into a bunch of chemicals, or got his face cut up doesn't matter. It's not the physical appearance that makes Joker Joker, it's the mental state. And as far as that goes, he definitely has the exact same method of thinking whether it be in TDK or the comics. The most obvious parallel is everything TDK Joker did with Harvey, compared to what Joker was trying to do to Gordon in The Killing Joke. After all the content of these statements is more or less equal "One bad day, that's all it takes to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy...that's how far the rest of the world is from where I am just one bad day" and "I took Gotham's White Knight and brought him down to our level, it wasn't hard. Madness as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push"
    Just to make my point more clear, neither of  them is crazier...they're on even ground

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By KenTheProfile

The Dark Knight Joker. he is extremely smart. every plan Batman tries against him he has a back up plan. also he drove Harvey Dent over the edge The comic Joker never snapped Gordon. 
    By the way he is not Insane. he can tell right from wrong.  Insane is a legal term. does he have mental illness?  maybe but it would be some kind of unkown disorder. even the most psycho serial killer has a plan.  
    Joker is more like gravity. he is just doing his thing.
    enterthejoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By enterthejoker
    @DeathpooltheT1000:  if your insane you can never realy be cured. there's always memories of what you were. besides the joker might not even be insane, in arkham assylum, a serious house on serious earth (A must read!) it tells you that he is "super sane", as in he sees the world as it realy is. as for origins, the red hood is the only solid event, before then, and for a month or two after is unknown (the joker even admits he doesn't know in the killing joke). for this reason, and the fact that i wasn't a huge fan of TDK version of the joker (though heath ledger did a great job, r.i.p), and the fact that the joker in the comics has a much better hidden past, i'm going to say the comic version of the joker (also because he killed robbin, i hated robin)!
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enterthejoker said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000:  if your insane you can never realy be cured. there's always memories of what you were. besides the joker might not even be insane, in arkham assylum, a serious house on serious earth (A must read!) it tells you that he is "super sane", as in he sees the world as it realy is. as for origins, the red hood is the only solid event, before then, and for a month or two after is unknown (the joker even admits he doesn't know in the killing joke). for this reason, and the fact that i wasn't a huge fan of TDK version of the joker (though heath ledger did a great job, r.i.p), and the fact that the joker in the comics has a much better hidden past, i'm going to say the comic version of the joker (also because he killed robbin, i hated robin)!
    I never said he was insane, he is sane, he knows what he is doing and why he is doing it.
    enterthejoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By enterthejoker
    @DeathpooltheT1000: and he enjoys it. another reason the comic version is better
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enterthejoker said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: and he enjoys it. another reason the comic version is better
    Heath, DiMaggio and all the other Joker enjoy it to.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

that's just it, whether it's comics or movies no one REALLY knows the Joker's true origins, even in the comics he admits that he's not even sure about his own origins, "sometimes he remembers it one way, some times he remembers it another" the killing joke is the most accepted origin, but even that could just be another fabrication, that's what makes the joker terrifying, he's nobody 

"Odysseus told the cyclops his name was "nobody" when he struck his eye out, then when the monster's brethren asked him who did it, the cyclops could only reply "nobody, nobody did it'' 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.