Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4198 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

The Killing Joke.....

Avatar image for the_jokes_on_you
    The_Jokes_On_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Jokes_On_You

Do you think they could ever make a high profile Killing Joke movie? (Like for example on the same budget as The Dark Knight)
    Would you even want one? 
    And if they did who would play whom and who should write it/direct it?
    mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mrtrickster

neh, killing joke would be too dark and too old, won't be as interesting as dark knight

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

I could see it as an animated film. Not too sure about live-action. 

I love this story though. 

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jotham

Yeah, animated could work. For live action, I think the 1989 Batman is as close as we're going to get.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sydpart2

Well for live action TDK more or less was TKJ...at least as far as how Joker thinks in it...

GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By GraveSp

I don't think the world is ready for a live action superhero movie where one of the main characters is shot, paralyzed, stripped naked and has photos taken of her.  

andywattbulb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By andywattbulb

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2009/07/24/sdcc-batman-the-killing-joke-movie-coming/
    Cross your fingers.

RedHood16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedHood16

I am currently making my own version for my high school film show. It will be released onto youtube around June or July though. Unffortunatley, due to a limited cast and time schedule, the film will only focus on the Joker's "Origin" and NOT Barbara Gordon's tragedy. There will be a reference to Commissioner Gordon's torture, though. The film will be titled, "One Bad Day" because I cannot use the word, "Kill", without being disqualified. I have read the book for over 3 years, and have been writing the script for about 2 years now. I personally hope the people who made "Under The Red Hood" film will one day make an animated "Killing Joke." By the way, am I the ONLY person who noticed a connection to "The Killing Joke" in the "Red Hood" film? Everyone I know who saw it never saw the connection. Oh well, hope this is good information to you guys.

<the skull>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By <the skull>

"Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another...if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice. Ha ha ha!"

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024
    @RedHood16: When you said "connection to the killing joke" are you talking about how Joker reminisced on wearing the Red Hood costume? Cause that was pretty awesome :)
    RedHood16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedHood16

There were actually 3 connections. That was one of them, but here are the two others.
    2) When Jason Todd emphasizes the fact that The Joker crippled friends of Batman. This would seem to indicate Barbara Gordon (and other unknown victims.)
    1) This is my main point. When Batman arrives at the chemical plant, he has a flashback about his encounter with The Red Hood (Joker). In the flashback, it heavily seems to imply that The Joker was a pawn to another group of criminals. He seems for concerned about how he got in this predicament then he is about the 7 foot man dressed as a bat. Joker says; "It's a set up, Wait! I'm not a crook, I swear!" He then tries to take off the Hood before falling into the chemicals. Although these exact words are not in "Killing Joke", this film seems to take into account that The Joker in this film, was probably an unfortunate man, rather than a brutal criminal, before becoming The Clown Prince of Crime.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.